Page 369 of 662 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't think a war is going to happen anytime soon. We may get something brief in HOX but the mutants will do something that will deter future attempts for a while so i don't think that will be a problem. I can see it being something much more nuanced though. For instance mutant outreach. For instance her role in Karakoa, either way you look at it unless it's addressed it's still an elephant in the room. I mean it could be no big deal at all but the conversation should be had othewise all of Storm fans are getting is the same thing we've been getting. A lack of consistency between the MU and the X-men and i don't see that happening. I don't think on it's own it's enough to split them up or ruin them but it will definitely plant seeds depending on the direction each nation goes. How does wakanda respond if Storm peacefully speaks with Kenya and they decide to accept mutant protection and the drugs. That effect Wakanda. Political things like that.
    It's possible...I don't think it'll be a conflict though. Storm may try to talk to T'Challa about it, but I don't see anything MAJOR happening anytime soon.
    Also, none of the X-Men or Krakoa are not forcing Mutants to go to Krakoa so......i'm confident nothing major is happening not any time soo at least.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It's possible...I don't think it'll be a conflict though. Storm may try to talk to T'Challa about it, but I don't see anything MAJOR happening anytime soon.
    Also, none of the X-Men or Krakoa are not forcing Mutants to go to Krakoa so......i'm confident nothing major is happening not any time soo at least.
    It's not about the force imo it's about the optics. I know what Storm thinks of Wakanda and Tchalla people. For this to work for me i need to know what Tchalla thinks of Storm and her nation so i can get an idea of it. Because otherwise it's hard for me to connect with them because again, for me, the elephant is too big to be ignored. Even if it's an "okay cool, good luck, i won't stand in your way." I don't want to read two different Storms at the same time so she can fit two different narratives, thats the one bonus of where X-men was as oppose to where it is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Maybe I've missed it but is Professor X the "King" of Krakoa? What exactly is their government?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Maybe I've missed it but is Professor X the "King" of Krakoa? What exactly is their government?
    We don't know, we don't even know their laws but i assume Hickman probably has a detailed sheet on it given what Apoc said.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

It's not about the force imo it's about the optics. I know what Storm thinks of Wakanda and Tchalla people. For this to work for me i need to know what Tchalla thinks of Storm and her nation so i can get an idea of it. Because otherwise it's hard for me to connect with them because again, for me, the elephant is too big to be ignored. Even if it's an "okay cool, good luck, i won't stand in your way." I don't want to read two different Storms at the same time so she can fit two different narratives, thats the one bonus of where X-men was as oppose to where it is.
    Well, we shall see later on down the line. As of now, imo again I don't see anything happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Huh? Explain
    We're speculating due to Shuri making a reference that America is ruled by villians and thieves. She also referenced Hydra.

Only problems is when Tchalla got back the planetary shield wasn't up, so it might be after SE, but before he joined the Avengers.

My alternate theory is it was a political shot at Trump, which I think would be wasted dialogue.

It could be that all the Krakoa stuff is happening while he was gone, but he is in issue 9 of Invaders and the Roxxon person makes reference to Krakoa.
    Last edited by Cville; 09-19-2019 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I love this outfit, damn

Storm is everything on those covers. I'm obsessed. The purple is interesting, could it represent some development in her powers or is it just an artistic choice. Either way I think having Storm's lightning be purple would be amazing.

Also the solicitations make mention of 2 Hellfire Queens, besides Emma do we know who the other is? Is it Storm?

Wow okay, this outfit is definitely my favorite now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Storm is everything on those covers. I'm obsessed. The purple is interesting, could it represent some development in her powers or is it just an artistic choice. Either way I think having Storm's lightning be purple would be amazing.

Also the solicitations make mention of 2 Hellfire Queens, besides Emma do we know who the other is? Is it Storm?
    Now that you mention it, Storm’s powers did give off a purple hue most recently when she went Goddess-mode over in BP... lol however much I doubt that’s the actual reason. Still fun to think about at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Now that you mention it, Storm’s powers did give off a purple hue most recently when she went Goddess-mode over in BP... lol however much I doubt that’s the actual reason. Still fun to think about at least.
    If being worshipped by regular humans makes Storm so powerful. I wonder how powerful being worshipped by mutants would make her. Would there even be a difference? Would love to see it touched on.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post

A lot of people are saying Storm is the Black Queen of the HFC. I hope she is too. It makes sense. I don't know any other female Emma would be comfortable sharing power with, but Storm. And if it is Storm that's a BIG reach for Emma considering their history together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    To me that would suck. Becuase that mean Storm is in her Goddess mode all the time. And if her lightning becomes ineffectual to a target. It means Storm's Goddess lightning isn't powerful enough. But, I love the Purple Lightning. I think that's so cool.

Yay, Purple Nurple!!! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I don't see anything major happening either but i am looking out for that small crack. Nothing major happened in Avs X until it did.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I don't see anything major happening either but i am looking out for that small crack. Nothing major happened in Avs X until it did.
    As of NOW in the solicitations. I don't see any other Marvel Heroes having issues with the Nation of Krakoa or any specific X-Men in their upcoming Stories.
    But i'll be looking too..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    To reiterate. If a reader takes in the current narrative, along with past continuity, you can say "Well, I'm not surprise Ororo(or any other mutant) would take the position she(they) did." Mutants getting murked for breathing gets tired after a while---so chances are the whole inclusive stance will go away at some point. People do switch ideologies, especially in relation to their environment/history/current situation. Does it always make good writing? No. But it could happen. It might be the same for Ororo.
    But that's completely disregarding the possibility that Ororo (and other X-Men) are mind controlled/or actually clones. And the real deals are stashed away somewhere.

Also, Storm being a Wakanda's Goddess, will be a huge minefield to navigate through, if you are writing BP or X-Men, and will delve into the Krakoa/Wakanda relations. Hickman might not bother with it (maybe later), and Coates has his own thing going. Granted, we won't know for certain until next year or the years afterward.

@The covers. They look nice, and Storm looks quite lovely there. Also, I believe that might be Vulcan crawling out of that egg.
    @Jalysia understood. Spot on and fully agreed. There are many possible ways things could play out. I really the way you've laid it out. It seems like the most likely of all outcomes. For me it rests on whether or not the implied tension is addressed with proper care. It seems that's what many of us are anticipation of. We just want to see how these aspects of her narrative are represented. We all share common ground there and that's beautiful.
    I don't think a war is going to happen anytime soon. We may get something brief in HOX but the mutants will do something that will deter future attempts for a while so i don't think that will be a problem. I can see it being something much more nuanced though. For instance mutant outreach. For instance her role in Karakoa, either way you look at it unless it's addressed it's still an elephant in the room. I mean it could be no big deal at all but the conversation should be had othewise all of Storm fans are getting is the same thing we've been getting. A lack of consistency between the MU and the X-men and i don't see that happening. I don't think on it's own it's enough to split them up or ruin them but it will definitely plant seeds depending on the direction each nation goes. How does wakanda respond if Storm peacefully speaks with Kenya and they decide to accept mutant protection and the drugs. That effect Wakanda. Political things like that.
    I really like this. You've offered up another line of thinking that hadn't occurred to me previously. What if she can successfully talk Kenya into accepting mutant aid? What would that mean for HER character personally? The nuance of her personal narrative shift should be reflective of her entire character. That includes her personal and professional lives if you're inclined to try and separate the two. It would be nice to see the X-books address this in a really meaningful way. Anything else it will feel as you as said getting the same thing we've been getting.