Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Wow.... Leave the damn origins alone.
    I don't think it will amount to much changes in the end, just a hook/teaser to get the readers' attention.

Fantastic Member

Heh, watch it be tied to the Eternals at retrofit for the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I hate this stuff. Don’t change it from how Stan and Jack intended it.
    Stan and Jack were always shaking things up.

The Marvel universe should never stay stagnant.

Obviously there's not much info on this yet but I like that it's FF-centric (so far). I trust Slott to unleash some grandiose FF plans.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Stan and Jack were always shaking things up.

The Marvel universe should never stay stagnant.

Obviously there's not much info on this yet but I like that it's FF-centric (so far). I trust Slott to unleash some grandiose FF plans.
    you can shake things up without changing origin stories. I hope whatever this doesnt backfire on them.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Original Sin 2: More lame Retcons

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Original Sin 2: More lame Retcons
    Most likely spot on.

I obviously get jaundiced in my old age..but my usual gut feel on stuff like this..."if you really think you can improve origin story of FF go off and create you own blockbuster characters..."

Surely the point of established characters is to move forward with exciting new adventures..if you don't have talent to do that, you certainly don't have talent to improve origin.

Extraordinary Member

I do think an update is needed. With the security what it is, the FF needs some sort of way to sneak inside, and launch a rocket into space.

Hopefully, this revised origin, and any others to follow are not drenched in WTF sauce.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 12-11-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Okay, people, you know the drill. This is where we make a betting pool:

1) It's all a lie and they keep their cosmic ray bombardment origin.
    2) It's partially true, but Galactus or a herald has something to do with the cosmic ray bombardment.
    3) A reality warper, probably Franklin, created a stable time loop to give them their powers cause screw time.
    4) An alien experiment be it Kree, Skrull, or Celestial.
    5) "It's magic. We don't have to explain it" - Joe Q.
    6) One of the writers ran out of toilet paper, wiped their ass with a good script, and needed to come up with something quick.

Take your bets or cast your votes.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 12-11-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

The whole reason behind them going into space was due to the unexplained cosmic ray storm. So I always thought that, if they absolutely had to do something like this, then the most logical answer would be Galactus.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    The whole reason behind them going into space was due to the unexplained cosmic ray storm. So I always thought that, if they absolutely had to do something like this, then the most logical answer would be Galactus.
    In Heroes Reborn, I think the Silver Surfer was the cause of the cosmic storm, so this becoming canon once more isn't too far-fetched.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you can shake things up without changing origin stories. I hope whatever this doesnt backfire on them.
    I wouldn't worry.

The only thing truly important about the FF's origin is the recklessness of their space flight. It's what gives Reed an element of guilt over Ben's condition. Had Reed waited until they could go up with proper shielding, they wouldn't have been transformed.

The cosmic rays are just a plot mechanism that can be added to without taking away from the character's motivations.

Is it really shaking things up if you have to go back to something old just to do it? Wouldn't a more original universe changing idea be leaving the past in the past and moving the present forward with new stories and ideas?

That's real question btw. I'm not sure how this is going to go. I think the timing is weird and I do think it be best if somethings were left alone...but it may not be all that bad. But just based off what little we know I wouldn't consider it "shaking things up" but I could be wrong.

Either way I'm more then likely won't be supporting this with my wallet until after the trade comes out.(May or May not even get this then) Rather not give Marvel the idea that origin changing is fine with my dollars. Small vote in a large poll I know but it's still something.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 12-11-2018 at 10:18 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Looks like Spider-Man is next up: https://twitter.com/AiPTcomics/statu...40383631040513
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Hmm - now that's interesting!

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman