Page 74 of 127 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1891

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Here's a fun new J. Scott Campbell cover for X-Men #1.

Not too bad.

Yeah, I have to agree. I'm not counting on Excalibur for actual meanful content for Rogue at this point.
    That is a very neon Rogue lol, but yea kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviashwarya
    That Optic blast through the diamonds feat...never made any sense. Coolz AF, visually, but senseless...given what we know of Cyclops' optic blasts.
    Sorta but Scott's powers in itself are kinda contradictory. It's a "concussive" blast that doesn't produce heat by itself and seems to carry it's own mass but it can be refracted like light by mirrors? If you think too hard on it, it just gets weirder lol. But in terms of what we've seen of Cyclops abilities, I think the Carey feat was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo
    That, and I hope they upgrade her intelligence stat from "1" as well.
    No way our girl was that dumb even back then.
    Oof. Yea, no reason for the card series to disrespect Rogue like that. hopefully it's not based on around old discrimination(s) regarding accents and people's assumed intelligence because of them...

To be honest given what we know about intelligence now, it's such a multi-faceted subject it's hard to "rate" as just one thing anyway. But for the purpose of the card ratings, she should definitely be at least 'average' human.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That Optic blast through the diamonds feat...never made any sense. Coolz AF, visually, but senseless...given what we know of Cyclops' optic blasts.
    I think Carey's explanation for why he made it work made sense. He said they are not light, but they do often behave like light with the ruby quartz blocking them and they have been shown to bend before.

Speaking of old marvel cards and stats, I find the inconsistency a bit funny.

This one is just... a mess. 1 in Intelligence, a 5 in Fighting, and a 4 in Strength. Also why is her Energy a 3? lmao

This one probably makes the most sense out all her 90s cards. 5 in Strength, 2 in Intelligence, 1s in Energy and Mental Powers, 4s in Speed and Fighting

The most recent "card", this one is a variant cover from Uncanny Avengers #28. I'd say it would be accurate but it honestly seems like a copy and paste one from one of her old Ms Marvel sets, a bit that her intelligence has been raised while her fighting skills seems to have devolved here.

Regardless of their inconsistency, it'll be interesting seeing how her new X-Men card variant stacks up.

I just hope the new card stats reflect Rogue as she is today and that someone at Marvel reviews the old ones and updates the new as appropriate.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I just hope the new card stats reflect Rogue as she is today and that someone at Marvel reviews the old ones and updates the new as appropriate.
    Me too. But I don't think they treat them as that important, since writers probably wouldn't want to follow any real rubric and just do general "guidelines" in terms of relative power and intelligence.

I imagine they keep their own hierarchies or rankings in their head, like "Hulk strongest there is", but it might differ from writer to writer.

Despite that, I do find the stats fun and interesting to look at and compare.

Yeah, me too. Stats are fun.

Are there going to be stat cards for other X-Men and characters in general? It is fun to compare them all.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, me too. Stats are fun.

Are there going to be stat cards for other X-Men and characters in general? It is fun to compare them all.
    I think it's only for the new team but I might be wrong (I hope the next one will be for Rogue, since it will be her 40th anniversary)

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I think it's only for the new team but I might be wrong (I hope the next one will be for Rogue, since it will be her 40th anniversary)
    Oh, okay, Thanks! I would still enjoy seeing the Team's cards.

That is gorgeous! <3

Favorite variant cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This variant is so cute

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    S

The most recent "card", this one is a variant cover from Uncanny Avengers #28. I'd say it would be accurate but it honestly seems like a copy and paste one from one of her old Ms Marvel sets, a bit that her intelligence has been raised while her fighting skills seems to have devolved here.

Regardless of their inconsistency, it'll be interesting seeing how her new X-Men card variant stacks up.
    I think the only thing I would change on this card would be her Fighting Skill. It should be a 4, as Rogue is a experienced fighter
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not really...she's a brawler/heavy hitter but not so great or expert at the various hand to hand combat skills (unless she absorbs the mental aptitude and skills).
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

3 and 4 on the fighting scale is kinda variable

Marvel Power Grid

3 is some training
    4 is an experienced fighter
    5 is a master in a single form of combat

So 5 is where I would put disciplined fighters like Psylocke or Shadowcat. 4 is somewhat extensive combat experience, so someone like Cyclops and Storm. I think Rogue could fit into that category too, since when she's depowered she usually shows more skill and stops relying on her invulnerability to protect her.

But my main problem with that chart is giving her class 50 strength aka identical to her Ms Marvel set... it's supposed to be her Wonder Man powers. D:<
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 06-08-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Speaking of old marvel cards and stats, I find the inconsistency a bit funny.

This one is just... a mess. 1 in Intelligence, a 5 in Fighting, and a 4 in Strength. Also why is her Energy a 3? lmao

This one probably makes the most sense out all her 90s cards. 5 in Strength, 2 in Intelligence, 1s in Energy and Mental Powers, 4s in Speed and Fighting

Looks like she gained some weight on the most recent card, maybe she's working out more now.

I also see they added a durability stat, and it's higher than her strength.
    I always think of those stats as paired, since to pick up a truck your body needs to be able to withstand the weight, but I guess that makes sense that they don't have to pair up exactly.
    Or maybe the durability in this case is just a measure of blunt force trauma resistance, how many Hulk punches to the face can you take without being KOED?

I liked that they used to have the card that explained the power levels and gave a character example for each (e.g. for strength, 1 = below avg, with a pic of Aunt May), so you could get an idea for where each character was.