View Poll Results: Should we have community topics, besides CBR chat?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 79.31%
  • No

6 20.69%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    We can all get along. We could have a general CBR thread along with the threads we already had as well. That would be the most ideal solution, to be honest.

Also, if the X-fans culture isn't important, why did you edit your post twice to include that sentiment?
    To make a concise post that couldnt be manipulated into something I didnt intend. Which usually happens.

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    www.twitter.com
    www.facebook.com

This is CBR, where the forums are now run how CBR wants them run. Why do people have such a difficult time understand that? It's not your house...you're just renting the apartment here.
    Nope, those sites suck.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    So the rule about talking about other posters, and using foul language and posting rape threats and violence can continue?

i think its good that everyone gets to see what is said/
    How would that even happen in a group chat? Would it even matter? I could be saying **** about others in PM and nothing could be done about that.

BANNED

To make a concise post that couldnt be manipulated into something I didnt intend. Which usually happens.
    Seems like you were just trying to take a shot at other fans, which might be against forum rules.

BANNED

Or the ones who want to talk to people without having to sift through tons of meaningless posts. And again, your clique wasn't touched, so that's easy for you to say.
    I dont have a Clique. I consider all of my fellow CBR fellow nerds and CBR community friends. And its an appreciation thread for a character. Is the rogue Appreciation thread a clique or where Rogue fans go to discuss rogue? No Difference.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 05-02-2014 at 03:02 PM.

BANNED

Seems like you were just trying to take a shot at other fans, which might be against forum rules.
    Exhibit A. of which I altered my post..so I wouldnt get bullied and to thwart attempts to twist my words. thanks for demonstrating my point.

Anywho..what I posted now is what I meant. Now what?

BANNED

I'm not twisting anything. I read your 1st post, which didn't take a shot at any fans, and your final post, which did. I'm just trying to figure out why you decided to to that. It doesn't make much sense, to be honest.

BANNED

www.twitter.com
    www.facebook.com

This is CBR, where the forums are now run how CBR wants them run. Why do people have such a difficult time understand that? It's not your house...you're just renting the apartment here.
    I don't get it either.

BANNED

I'm not twisting anything. I read your 1st post, which didn't take a shot at any fans, and your final post, which did. I'm just trying to figure out why you decided to to that. It doesn't make much sense, to be honest.
    I told you why. Move on...

Do you like chatting with new people?

BANNED

You did? Where did you tell me why you decided to unfairly attack X-fans? I'd like an explanation, please.

BANNED

I don't get it either.
    Because apparently memories and time spent here outweigh the word of the people who actually run the place.

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Nope, those sites suck.
    You know that you can use Facebook to create a group where you and friends can discuss certain topics, right?

My comic book club that meets every month has a group like that. I have a friend who runs another group where comic fans all talk about sports. There's another one that I moderated for a while about Hack/Slash. Sites like that sound like exactly what you wanted but with a different URL.

Look, I get it. I've been part of "group chat" threads on other forums and you DO build a genuine bond with those people. But ultimately CBR isn't taking away your ability to converse with friends. They're just altering the way you can do it.
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

BANNED

There's a difference between chatting with new people and CBR chat moving to a new page every 5 minutes.

It's impossible to keep up and it's already pretty exclusive, since some poeple already ignore other peoples' posts.

You know that you can use Facebook to create a group where you and friends can discuss certain topics, right?

My comic book club that meets every month has a group like that. I have a friend who runs another group where comic fans all talk about sports. There's another one that I moderated for a while about Hack/Slash. Sites like that sound like exactly what you wanted but with a different URL.

Look, I get it. I've been part of "group chat" threads on other forums and you DO build a genuine bond with those people. But ultimately CBR isn't taking away your ability to converse with friends. They're just altering the way you can do it.
    Facebook is actually doing its own form of limitation recently.

Writer/Editor/Superhero Marc Lombardi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Facebook is actually doing its own form of limitation recently.
    How so? By age or something like that? Or by "People who can tolerate the crappy things Facebook keeps changing" and those who can't?
    Writer / Editor / Production / Talent Acquisition - www.grayhavencomics.com
    Promotions/Social Media - www.shadowlineonline.com
    Twitter - @marclombardi

How so? By age or something like that? Or by "People who can tolerate the crappy things Facebook keeps changing" and those who can't?
    Forcing you to pay for people to see your content.