Page 194 of 325 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4870

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Just use those of Ultimate X-Men, then.
    I think unfortunately that would be too close to the black leather of the FOX-men films, and Marvel Studios will want to distance their version from that. Honestly, though, some of the fan made stuff where they essentially took the 90s costumes and modernized them for film are pretty damn good. For example, I think these versions of the Cyclops and Wolverine costumes are perfect for film...

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dO9Xee

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07...e-concept-art/

That brown and tan Wolverine one, if they just ditch the sleeves, is ideal IMO. This one is solid too...

https://marvel.fandom.com/f/p/334317...33352136286067

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Seen Spider-Man Far From Home’s mid-credit scene? I think we might see some X-Men actors reprise their role in the MCU. Looks like Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan were serious about asking Hugh Jackman to return as Wolverine.
    Interesting. I have not seen. Personally I love Hugh’s Wolverine, but bringing him back might create more problems than it solves. Unless the MCU is going in a very different direction with the X-men, where Logan is much older than the rest (meaning he actually looks physically older; we already know he’s much, much older in terms of his actual age). This could have some benefits honestly. For one thing, it means no Logan-Jean-Scott triangle, as it would be creepy. Would also allow them to bring X-23 in sooner, perhaps as the Jubilee type rookie character that Logan takes under his wing (would make sense for him to take his own daughter on as his protege). This would effectively give us more of an Old Man Logan type Wolverine, which I’d be cool with. But it would be a departure from the comics, so a lot of fans might not like it. Plus they’d have to lock Hugh in for at least 4-5 films which at his age might be tough.

Just because soem actors saked Jackman to comeback , doesn't mean it is feige decision or it is on talks

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The costumes the MCU has pulled off so far make me think they should go closer to the real skintight color blocking costumes we already know and love. Not so much the skimpy, skin-showing stuff the women tend to fall into, but basically any of their full body costumes can be wonderfully adapted through micro-patterns and tactical gear and materials to make the leap to the screen with success(I mean, look at what they did with Captain America's costumes for example, let alone something like Spider-Man). No need to fall back on the Morrison/Quietly and Ultimate costumes, which were a direct reflection of the Fox-Men Singer black leather suits to begin with.
    Most of the Avengers costumes looked like the UU version more so than the 616. Scarlet Witch, Cap without the wings, Hawkeye and Widow, Falcon. I don’t think the Fox costumes looked at all like the UU X-Men uniforms other than they were darker color tones versus bright color tones. I think we’d agree that the people in charge will find the right balance though for a great on screen look.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by frankyspaceout View Post
    How should the humor be in MCU X-Men, because the X-Men tend to be more mature than other Marvel properties. How different should it be from other MCU movies, because I read that Forced Humor can come out of the MCU movies, but hopefully it can be different.

The forced humor in MCU ruined much of Endgame's ambition as a dystopian time travel movie. Endgame lacked the maturity of Days Of Future Past or Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks. What MCU should do is to take a full advantage of the multiverse, introducing a mature universe that consists of X-Men, Blade, X-Force, Daredevil and The Punisher. This is the time for MCU to finally mature as a franchise. They no longer have the Netflix shows and the rights of X-Men have returned to Marvel.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The forced humor in MCU ruined much of Endgame's ambition as a dystopian time travel movie. Endgame lacked the maturity of Days Of Future Past or Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks. What MCU should do is to take a full advantage of the multiverse, introducing a mature universe that consists of X-Men, Blade, X-Force, Daredevil and The Punisher. This is the time for MCU to finally mature as a franchise. They no longer have the Netflix shows and the rights of X-Men have returned to Marvel.
    The danger is taking away the humor and ending up with something akin to DCEU where darkness, grit and pure unadulterated depression take reign

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    The danger is taking away the humor and ending up with something akin to DCEU where darkness, grit and pure unadulterated depression take reign
    You don't have to go that far back, We literally have Dark Phoenix which is solid movie, good action and is shot pretty well but movie is bland,dull and lacks a spark.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You don't have to go that far back, We literally have Dark Phoenix which is solid movie, good action and is shot pretty well but movie is bland,dull and lacks a spark.
    I wouldn’t call Dark Phoenix depressing since it had the overarching X-Men theme of hope.

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    The DCEU is one franchise I used to dislike almost as much as the X-Men reboot. The two franchises were head-runned by hacks. I rather pretend DCEU first 3 films (Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad) never happened and Apocalypse and dark phoenix never happened either. DCEU starts with Wonder Woman, X-Men movies ends with Logan.

The original X-Men and DC movies Logan, The Dark Knight, Days of Future Past, Superman 2, Batman Begins, X-Men 2 had darkness, grit, depression. These films were unapologetic in maturity. It can be done right, if written and directed well. It is up to the MCU to embrace that instead of pretending X-Men is an immature humor franchise like most of their movies.Now is the right time.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 07-08-2019 at 02:52 AM.

They shouldn't and they won't drop the trademark humor for the MCU X-Men movies. Part of these movies being made by Marvel finally is getting to see them in the MCU style. They're not gonna drop it. I'm ready for some quips

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Ready for the heart and the quips.

See the latest Spider-Man if you're worried by Endgame.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Apocalypse and dark phoenix never happened either. DCEU starts with Wonder Woman, X-Men movies ends with Logan.
    I would like to pretend that they didn't happen but i fear that the fact that they used Jean will turn Disney off of her.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-08-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Even Days of Future Past had its moments of humor and nonsense. Heck, the central plot is using time travel to prevent giant robots from ruling the future. There's this old quote from the Powers That Be about how the humor is used to get you invested in the characters, so you're rooting for them when the drama starts. Heck, some of the best character moments have involved humor (like Rocket and Thor on their way to get the Thanos-killing weapon in Infinity War).

I think you're mistaking the humor for a lack of maturity, which isn't how writing works. Try reading Terry Pratchet sometime, if you want a text book example. Or watching most Pixar movies, which are both funnier and arguably more mature then the Fox X-Men series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    They shouldn't and they won't drop the trademark humor for the MCU X-Men movies. Part of these movies being made by Marvel finally is getting to see them in the MCU style. They're not gonna drop it. I'm ready for some quips
    They should drop the quips for X-Men. Thor already has the quips. Its hurting their Spiderman films. Many of the Jokes didn't land in Far from Home to the many who have seen the film. The last X-Men film in the oringal series was Logan Noir. A franchise does not go from Noir to immature quips. While I personally think the time travel plot was the biggest problem with Endgame, Far Thor has gotten the most backlash, meaning the quips are becoming more annoying in MCU movies.