Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where is Gravity??

I haven't seen him for a while. Has anybody? Have I just missed something, or is he in character limbo right now?

Limbo. The character was suppose to be inline to be Captain Marvel but a combination of writer story disagreements and Bendis push for Carol Danvers the character missed his shot. When that happen his whole purpose for existing at all was lost. Ergo limbo...probably for good if no one has a direction/story for him.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Well, I don't think he was invented with that in mind, was he?

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    No. The creators wanted to invent a "new Spider-Man" from his college years in the 80s, only with a different backstory and different powers. A character doesn't need to have any other purpose then entertaining the readers, and with a talented writer and artist, and enough fans willing to buy the title, that should be more than enough.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

When was the last time the character showed up? I haven't seen him since young allies ended.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
    That was the original plan/story line they wanted to the character to go on. But again it didn't work out.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-04-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Very sad to read about Gravity being in limbo. Yeah, I really dug that first miniseries. He had a clean-looking and hip costume, plus his powers were intriguing. He was like Spider-Man for the 2000s. Would have been cool if he went against Graviton.

Knowing Marvel, I have a suspicion he might be brought back just to be off'd, turned evil, or replaced. Ugh .
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

He needs a redesign, but he's not the most unlucky McKeever co-creation in Marvel.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    When was the last time the character showed up? I haven't seen him since young allies ended.
    I think his last appearance was as part of the huge group of teenage heroes fighting Mother's army at the end of Gillen's Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Man, remember when Young Allies was a thing? I think everyone from that book except Firestar and Anya to some degree has faded into complete limbo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    That was the original plan/story line they wanted to the character to go on. But again it didn't work out.
    You sure about that? I know McDuffie had some cosmic ideas in mind for him that got scuttled, but I very much doubt those were the plan when his first mini came around. He's still got legs

I think limbo time might be good for him, he need some rehab. He was a douche in Fear Itself crossover, and didn't do himself any great favors in Young Allies (trying to kill Mortar, even though he knew she was just a brainwashed victim)

The Avengers Academy core four need to fully return before the 2000's leftovers.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Gravity is the kind of character that should have ended up in the Avengers. He would be perfect as the rookie trainee point of view character. To me he is like Nova in that both are characters that should have been brought into the Avengers books when there own series failed (and no I don't count that 5 minutes when Nova was an Avenger just to get jobbed to make Steve look cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, remember when Young Allies was a thing? I think everyone from that book except Firestar and Anya to some degree has faded into complete limbo.
    Yeah, Toro hasn't been in much since, Nomad was killed off, and Gravity's gone. Firestar joined the X-Men and Anya joined the Web Warriors, but neither are currently in use. The Web Warriors dissolved in Spider-Geddon, though their book was cancelled some time before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The Avengers Academy core four need to fully return before the 2000's leftovers.
    Avengers Academy actually had a core six. Finesse was in Unstoppable Wasp, Hazmat is in Captain Marvel. Striker and Reptil are both in limbo. Mettle is dead and Veil is depowered.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-04-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah I don't think Gravity was intended to be the next Captain Marvel until that cosmic storyline in Fantastic Four. I think that's when the idea probably first occurred to anybody.