Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Even if you somehow didn’t get turn apart, it’d basically take you an infinite amount of time to even cross the event horizon. I call bullshit.
    It has been mentioned that Gladiator can destroy black holes with his own hands, the laws of physics in 616 are quite flexible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I kind of hope not. I want Excalibur as the magic oriented X-book and this would make it way too much sci-fi.
    Does sound like a decent initial hook for a new Exiles, thought.
    Exiles with AoA Blink, Nocturne, Ruby Summers, Rasputin, Cardinal, North, The Fallen & Skullfire would be pretty damn dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It has been mentioned that Gladiator can destroy black holes with his own hands, the laws of physics in 616 are quite flexible.
    Yeah, I don’t think they’re big on sticking to reality, or rules established by other writers (e.g. time travel).

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Moira: This is what you do.

Me:

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Exiles with AoA Blink, Nocturne, Ruby Summers, Rasputin, Cardinal, North, The Fallen & Skullfire would be pretty damn dope.
    I'm for anything with Ruby
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I Simply don't understand Moira in this books.

BANNED

Thanks to Claremont I never want to see Nocturne or most of the Exiles again.

Fantastic Member

Wild theory time:*
    So we know that for some reason Destiny can tell that Moira lives “10 lives, maybe 11 if you make the right choice.”
    Kind of odd that someone who can see the future can also see 10 parallel timelines right?

What if the reason Destiny can see the future is because *she* lived all those timelines beforehand, with the foreknowledge of what happens?

What if “life 11” is actually Moira reincarnating as Irene Adler, at the beginning of timeline 1?

A quick Google says that:
    “The name Moira is a given name of Greek origin, deriving from μοῖρα, meaning "destiny, share, fate". In Greek mythology, the Moirai (Greek: Μοῖραι, plural for μοῖρα), often known in English as the Fates, were the white-robed incarnations of destiny. The name could also be an Anglicisation of the Irish name Máire.”

*(Admittedly a bit of a leap but this occurred to me when someone asked about Pyro calling Destiny “Mother”, which seemed odd at the time...but iirc Moira is referred to as “Mother” in timeline 9 as well.)
    Last edited by Jness; 08-22-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Wild theory time:*
    So we know that for some reason Destiny can tell that Moira lives “10 lives, maybe 11 if you make the right choice.”
    Kind of odd that someone who can see the future can also see 10 parallel timelines right?

What if the reason Destiny can see the future is because *she* lived all those timelines beforehand, with the foreknowledge of what happens?

What if “life 11” is actually Moira reincarnating as Irene Adler, at the beginning of timeline 1?

A quick Google says that:
    “The name Moira is a given name of Greek origin, deriving from μοῖρα, meaning "destiny, share, fate". In Greek mythology, the Moirai (Greek: Μοῖραι, plural for μοῖρα), often known in English as the Fates, were the white-robed incarnations of destiny. The name could also be an Anglicisation of the Irish name Máire.”

*(Admittedly a bit of a leap but this occurred to me when someone asked about Pyro calling Destiny “Mother”, which seemed odd at the time...but iirc Moira is referred to as “Mother” in timeline 9 as well.)
    I dont see that happening. I dont think Hickman is retconning Moira into being Destiny. That doesnt work or make sense bc Destiny is at least 100 years old and Moira reicarnates in utero. Destiny was merely used to set up some rules to how Moira's powers work. I think your theory overly complicates things and not the direction we are heading in

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Please. I don't know what Hickman plans on doing but I need more of this guy in some fashion.
    I would have wanted him to sport something like what Namor did when he was part of the Phoenix Five.

Namor.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    I’m thinking the potential is mostly in the implications for “our” Doug! We’ve already seen him interfacing with Krakoa, and we’ve already seen him in another relationship where the “self/friend” line (so to speak!) has blurred..
    Hmm. What if Krakoa is simply a differently disguised Phalanx/Warlock type?

Quote Originally Posted by Noinden View Post
    Come now, we are barely started here. HE ramps up slowly.
    Yes I know, I get the pacing. And story structure vs. page count, etc.
    I'm not disappointed in what he did here. What's here is great.
    I'm disappointed in what's not here, and I don't understand why it's not here.
    POX was the book that told many timelines at once, yes?
    Except now, right after setting up Cyclops' mission last POX, this POX issue stays only in Year 100 and doesn't even flip to year 10 to nudge the Cyclops storyline along even a little, even just to confirm the team that's going is the one on the upcoming covers.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Yes I know, I get the pacing. And story structure vs. page count, etc.
    I'm not disappointed in what he did here. What's here is great.
    I'm disappointed in what's not here, and I don't understand why it's not here.
    POX was the book that told many timelines at once, yes?
    Except now, right after setting up Cyclops' mission last POX, this POX issue stays only in Year 100 and doesn't even flip to year 10 to nudge the Cyclops storyline along even a little, even just to confirm the team that's going is the one on the upcoming covers.
    It did nudge Cyke's story along by setting up the stakes of they fail. They made sacrifices in the future to save the past. And now Cyclops must carry that burden.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see that happening. I dont think Hickman is retconning Moira into being Destiny. That doesnt work or make sense bc Destiny is at least 100 years old and Moira reicarnates in utero. Destiny was merely used to set up some rules to how Moira's powers work. I think your theory overly complicates things and not the direction we are heading in
    I am not sure if Moira is going to come out of this event alive or not either. She may, or she may be put in stasis as a failsafe to reset the timeline if everything goes south like it has in previous lifetimes.

I do think there is a very good chance that Irene is going to be brought back in the pods, in fact I think that is what Mystique wants from Krakoa, she wants Irene back if it's possible to resurrect her.

This felt more like a "spell it out" issue to me for those who didn't really study the "files" scattered across the other books. As such it had a "filler feel" and didn't impress me as much as the earlier books.

1. Some had already figured out they were telling the story of life 9, so this wasnt that big of a shock.
    2. Others had already figured out the machines eventually became the dominant force that trigger the push towards ascension. So again, no surprise there, except maybe the subtle nod to how quickly man worships machines and the parallels to today's society.

I'll go out on a limb and say they mapped out x3 as being the end result of life 10, and say it will end with Moira making "just that right combination of choices" to give her a life 11 (as was mentioned she _might have_) where X-Men will continue from once this event wraps up. We're now going to read on that part being filled out. Outside that, if we look at the timeline graphic, its now clear that the " >>>>" breaks are where the story will be told, so I'm waiting for there to be a big reveal in life 4 to act as a motivator for her eventually turning mankind/mutantkind away from ascension. Life 6 seems too obvious at this point ... I'm anticipating a bit of a bait and switch.