Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I'd love a new young avengers book, but I don't really want any of the originals, save maybe kate and MAYBE stature. We have so many new characters that id love to see in a team dynamic.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Isn't this what Champions are for, though?
    Not at all. The Champions were created out of the need to be disassociated from the Avengers legacy. I mean, the first promotional image for Champions had Sam, Miles and Kamala BURNING their Avengers IDs. The Young Avengers were all about honoring and being a part of that legacy. They fought hard to be accepted by the adults and recognized as Avengers, even when everyone was telling them they couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    We'll get a Runaways book before Young Avengers imo.
    Which is fine by me. It's about time we got another Runaways volume anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I say it's time for the original YA to graduate and become the New Avengers for real and get a bigger role in the MU.
    As for a new set of teens taking the Young Avengers name, I'd rather have a new Avengers Academy. A new Avengers teen book would need to set itself apart from Champions, which is already filling the "independent teens" niche. AA would focus on a closer proximity to their Avengers mentors and it could work. Nadia Pym and Ironheart would be perfect for a book like that.
    I personally don't see the need for the Young Avengers to ''graduate''. It's not like they're called TEEN Avengers or anything like that. A group of late teens/early adults can absolutely call themselves Young Avengers and not be weird at all. I think the reason why we associate YA being ''lesser'' it's because Marvel hasn't bothered to promote the team as an actual Avengers team. I mean, Steve Rogers officially declared them Avengers at the end of Children's Crusade, but we haven't really seen that ever since. We had Gillen's amazing run, of course, but it was a more independent, self-contained story that didn't involve much of the Avengers legacy. And then after that Marvel just sort of gave up on them as team, when they should've been putting them on events, they should've been making them crossover with other Avengers teams and have prominence on other stories, they should've been having the Young Avengers title acknowledged in the MU as a respected team and not just the kiddie Avengers. Marvel's lack of vision for the Young Avengers after Heinberg left is much more to blame than the fact that they have ''Young'' on the title, IMO. They could still be the Young Avengers and have a bigger role, but we need editorial to actually push that to happen. If not, then it doesn't really matter if they're called Young or New Avengers, they're still going to be treated the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    And on a personal preference note that has yet to be brought up, I'd love to see Teddy's Excelsior swinging space unifying narrative revisited and explored further with the Knights of the Infinite.
    Gosh, I'll be SO disappointed if this storyline gets dropped and never brought up again. If Marvel is dumb enough to not explore that on a cosmic book/event, then yeah, I'll totally support the story being fleshed out on a YA book, since it's the one title Teddy is almost guaranteed to get a bigger part on.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-13-2017 at 04:28 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I personally don't care about how the team will be called. I just wish the Young Avengers will reunite in a team book.
    Anyway, if they are going to do this. I hope they will take a issue or two for the recruitment, like Billy and Teddy have the idea of reforming YA again and they went on a journey to meet their old friends, and the team expand in the process, also they can take in some new memebers.

With that roster, no. Wasp, IronHeart and etc can all go to Champions instead. The original YA are still pretty young. Of course they could add a new member or two, but keep Wiccan and Teddy at least(and Kate and MAC, but at least they have their own books and America Ultimates).

I would like a new YA volume, but with the original characters. Introduce a new one, sure, that worked out fine in the last run. But the core should be the same. Billy, Teddy and Kate at bare minimum. I don't like the Young Avengers for the concept of a teenage group of Avengers, I like it because of the characters and their dynamic. So even if they call it something else, what I really want is just for a reunion of that group of characters.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

A mirror version like the one I suggested would seem a no brainer for at least a one shot during the upcoming Generations thing.

Perhaps after the Royals nonsense ends, Noh Varr can join Teddy's Knights of the Infinite on a cosmic soap opera of biblical proportions, unifying the remaining Kree/Skrull empires with Billy and company in tow.

IF there were every going to be an "end game", the only one I would really be satisfied with is having Teddy and Billy live happily ever after as royals in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Perhaps after the Royals nonsense ends, Noh Varr can join Teddy's Knights of the Infinite on a cosmic soap opera of biblical proportions, unifying the remaining Kree/Skrull empires with Billy and company in tow.

IF there were every going to be an "end game", the only one I would really be satisfied with is having Teddy and Billy live happily ever after as royals in space.
    Bonus points if they rescue Xavin while they're at it.

Xavin and Karolina don't have to get back together, but that was a shitty way to end things.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Not at all. The Champions were created out of the need to be disassociated with the Avengers legacy. I mean, the first promotional image for Champions had Sam, Miles and Kamala BURNING their Avengers IDs. The Young Avengers were all about honoring and being a part of that legacy. They fought hard to be accepted by the adults and recognized as Avengers, even when everyone was telling them they couldn't.
    I should clarify I wasn't talking about from an in-universe perspective, but a marketing/demographic sense.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    We'll get a Runaways book before Young Avengers imo.
    Especially with a TV show coming up, you know Marvel will capitalize on that
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

The ship has sailed with this team
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member

Ilias Kyriazis project roof top Avengers, some changes added since characters current stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Bonus points if they rescue Xavin while they're at it.

Xavin and Karolina don't have to get back together, but that was a shitty way to end things.
    Holy Cats, YES.
    1,000%. I'd love for Teddy to appoint Noh Varr and Xavin as both his left and right hand advisers for their respective races.

I think the Original YA should come back, and I'd like to see the Champions become the New Warriors and be mentored by Night Thrasher and Rage.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

If they got Gillen and McKelvie back sure, otherwise no.