Page 7 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man I love CrissCross’s art, would be great if he could stick around as the ongoing artist but I get that he just might not be able to keep up his level of quality with the monthly grind.
    He said this is the last issue he's doing, but is hoping that he can return in the future. He's a terrific artist. I also love the new hairstyle with John. I'm sure some fans would be satisfied with this look.

Wouldn’t mind bringing back Xanshi if Xanshi became a part of the United Planets and got used in important ways. Dig into their status as a Crux World and what that means. Of course you’d have to establish it as a one time thing since John can’t just be casually bringing back planets without a cost (unless we’re going full HiX-Men). Otherwise Kal’s going to be asking for Krypton next.
    Yeah, I don't think bringing back Xanshi would be an easy task. We'll definitely hear about the backstory with Xanshi and the United Planets if it comes back. This also opens the doors to more storytelling and can benefit John's development.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 01-15-2022 at 06:26 PM.

BANNED

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am so excited to see all the seeds that were planted in regards to John Stewart's larger role in the cosmos finally come to fruition. I would've preferred that all this had happened back in the 90s before the whole Chosen One trope had been overdone to the point of parody, but at least it's being done well and with some integrity.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

wow. somebody might actually be paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am so excited to see all the seeds that were planted in regards to John Stewart's larger role in the cosmos finally come to fruition. I would've preferred that all this had happened back in the 90s before the whole Chosen One trope had been overdone to the point of parody, but at least it's being done well and with some integrity.
    Same here. I like the direction they're going with John. I wonder can this possibly lead to a bigger role in the upcoming events of the DCU this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Same here. I like the direction they're going with John. I wonder can this possibly lead to a bigger role in the upcoming events of the DCU this summer?
    I expect John to be “the GL” at the center of the event if that makes sense. However Williamson seems to be building up the Justice Incarnate guys as the ones taking point for the event so the Earth 0 guys might not even be involved.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I have no idea what DC's larger plans and I don't think even they do at this point. I think they're throwing whatever they can out there and seeing what sticks. Unfortunately, most of that has been Batman, Batman, and more &$#@ing Batman.

Extraordinary Member

Based on the same preview, it looks like John's middle name is Marshall:

Might be a reference to U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Marshall.
    OMG, Kat.

I'm cool with the middle name. It adds to reason why he had the nickname Square John.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    These recent Katma teases just break my heart. DC just bring her back please lol.
    Man, I'm with you on this. Kat is John's partner in all things. Despite the power boost, she got him acting more human & relaxed.

BANNED

Glad they gave Kat green irises. It kinda annoys me when they don’t do the same for John. The glowing irises make him more visually interesting.

I expect John to be “the GL” at the center of the event if that makes sense. However Williamson seems to be building up the Justice Incarnate guys as the ones taking point for the event so the Earth 0 guys might not even be involved.
    John can certainly be useful if Earth 0 gets involved in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I have no idea what DC's larger plans and I don't think even they do at this point. I think they're throwing whatever they can out there and seeing what sticks. Unfortunately, most of that has been Batman, Batman, and more &$#@ing Batman.
    I like Batman, but it's really annoying that it seems that DC is using a lot of their creative talent to anything Batman related.

Glad they gave Kat green irises. It kinda annoys me when they don’t do the same for John. The glowing irises make him more visually interesting.
    Agreed, it looks cool.

I'm looking forward to this issue this week! I'm also looking forward to the solicits this week as well. Hopefully there's more good plans for John.