Page 195 of 234 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3509

Not the leadership you want to see from your QB. Let the other players complain, let the head coach complain, let the equipment guy complain. But as QB, take responsibility whether you like it or not.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Not the leadership you want to see from your QB. Let the other players complain, let the head coach complain, let the equipment guy complain. But as QB, take responsibility whether you like it or not.
    Agreed. No matter what.

But you look even worse when you just played bad. At least Imo.

I have no idea how Mike M keeps the respect of his players.

He is blaming the loss on his players.

First saying that his team was nervous going into the game. First off why would you even admit that your players are nervous playing a lower ranked team at home in the playoffs? Who does that? then he walked back and said it was just a couple of players.

Then when talking about the last play on the Dak Run. he said it was the right call but he wished Dak had slid down sooner. So it wasnt the refs that messed up like he yelled to anyone who would listen after the game. It was Daks fault for not sliding sooner. Said that he told Dak after the game he should have slid at ten yards. He also said over and over the play went just how they practiced and it went just how he wanted. He is dancing like a mofo to keep things from being his fault.

Are you fucking kidding me? He has said with these two statements that he has no loyalty to his team. He will throw anyone under the bus to save his job and his ego.

Then told the media they need to go easier on him and his players because they have kids. Not to be mean to them.

This is the slimiest mother in the world.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-20-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

He did the same in Green Bay.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    He did the same in Green Bay.
    Yep I remember him a couple times trying to place blame on Rodgers for a couple games. Really your first ballet HOF QB is the guy who is messing things up there?

The best part of the talk he gave yesterday is when he said

"I know how to win!"

I almost died.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yep I remember him a couple times trying to place blame on Rodgers for a couple games. Really your first ballet HOF QB is the guy who is messing things up there?

The best part of the talk he gave yesterday is when he said

"I know how to win!"

I almost died.
    His two greatest coaching moments in Green Bay were Rodgers ignoring his calls in the SB and Aaron calling an audible to start that SB run.

That mic'd up Super Bowl video sure was telling ... It showed how great a QB Rodgers is.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have no idea how Mike M keeps the respect of his players.

He is blaming the loss on his players.

First saying that his team was nervous going into the game. First off why would you even admit that your players are nervous playing a lower ranked team at home in the playoffs? Who does that? then he walked back and said it was just a couple of players.

Then when talking about the last play on the Dak Run. he said it was the right call but he wished Dak had slid down sooner. So it wasnt the refs that messed up like he yelled to anyone who would listen after the game. It was Daks fault for not sliding sooner. Said that he told Dak after the game he should have slid at ten yards. He also said over and over the play went just how they practiced and it went just how he wanted. He is dancing like a mofo to keep things from being his fault.

Are you fucking kidding me? He has said with these two statements that he has no loyalty to his team. He will throw anyone under the bus to save his job and his ego.

Then told the media they need to go easier on him and his players because they have kids. Not to be mean to them.

This is the slimiest mother in the world.
    McCarthy had no trouble throwing his players under the nearest Greyhound because he knows Jerrah won’t pull the trigger on him after just three years. Jones isn’t willing to ax Mikey Muckraker this soon because that would be an admission the hire was wrong from jump. But, hey, chaos in Big D makes me as an Eagles fan happier than a pig in slop.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    McCarthy had no trouble throwing his players under the nearest Greyhound because he knows Jerrah won’t pull the trigger on him after just three years. Jones isn’t willing to ax Mikey Muckraker this soon because that would be an admission the hire was wrong from jump. But, hey, chaos in Big D makes me as an Eagles fan happier than a pig in slop.
    I have a co-worker who's a Cowboys fan, and I told him, "Mike McCarthy is the coach. Your team has the talent to win that division year in and out right now... but every year, they're gonna get into the playoffs and McCarthy's gonna do something stupid that's gonna break your heart. You're not going anywhere until he's gone. That's how it was for Packers fans except when Rodgers ignored him, but Dak doesn't have that level of competence. And trust me, dude, as a Cardinals fan, I know exactly what it's like having a coach that your team will go nowhere behind. Next year already seems like a lost season for both our teams because they're running the team out of the tunnel with the same two schmucks calling the plays."

He started to open his mouth to reply to defend them, and no words came out before he just nodded in agreement.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

I don't have much to add about McCarthy that hasn't been said here already here.

I will say I did not see the press conference yet, so I will watch it later today. Been really bummed out about the Cowboys loss all week.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But, hey, chaos in Big D makes me as an Eagles fan happier than a pig in slop.
    I've been a easy target, to get laughed at, in Eagles country for the **** show that is the Dallas Cowboys. It has become common place and will be that way under Jerry always.

How long has it been now? Since Barry Switzer?

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    I've been a easy target, to get laughed at, in Eagles country for the **** show that is the Dallas Cowboys. It has become common place and will be that way under Jerry always.

How long has it been now? Since Barry Switzer?
    Parcells was a good hire, I just don't think Jerrah had the patience to wait another year or two to win, and clashed with Parcells about what direction they were headed. Plus, he didn't want him to get the credit.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Parcells was a good hire, I just don't think Jerrah had the patience to wait another year or two to win, and clashed with Parcells about what direction they were headed. Plus, he didn't want him to get the credit.
    I think this, even on a subconscious level, is the main impediment to Cowboys success. Even if Jones consciously tries to avoid hiring someone he could take the credit from and tries to consciously choose the best guy for the job, he’s going to subconsciously gravitate towards candidates where the narrative and style of coaching makes it more likely people would see it as Jones’s roster brute-forcing their way into a championship (Switzer), or Jones being brilliant in selecting a redemption story for a coach people gave up on (McCarthy), or who’s a home-grown boy from Jones’s organization (Coach Clap.)

Now, I don’t think this would be as much of an issue if it weren’t the fact he’s in the NFL, where even a competent owner seeking out a competent GM seeking out a good enough coach might still result in no championship. If this were MLB or the NBA, he might have a chance… but given the parity of the leaguer and the complexities from the team-sport of team sports, where even slim coaching rosters are small armies, it's a major issue.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I don’t know if anyone already mentioned this, but I heard Dak Prescott was fined $25,000 by the league for that dumbass comment he made about it being okay for fans to throw stuff at the zebras. He should’ve been fined at least twice that, if not more, Prescott saying what he did in this day and age where fans are openly unhinged and eager to do crazy and dangerous **** was foolish on steroids.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Undeniably the Patriots had the worst performance for the Wild Card teams because the Bills easily won, and they scored points for all their offense drives which is a complete failure by the Patriot's defense.
    I didn't see the Bills winning easily in a coin flip game.

I was amazed that the Rams made the Cardinals an utter embarrassment since this game was a complete joke in the first half, and the game remained a joke in the 1st half because the Rams played great including creating turnovers, and the Cardinals couldn't contain the great plays by the Rams offense. A huge embarrassment for Murray's NFL playoff debut because the game was undramatic, uncompetitive, and an All Too Easy win for a great Los Angeles Rams team.

I want to see how Murray comes back next season. I mean the game was a joke and that is putting it lightly. Murray was flat out playing scared. I mean he was running for his life. it was just sad to see.