Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Fillion as Simon Williams/Wonder Man, but he'd really need to hit the gym for the role.

Peace

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

totally he need to
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

I was just thinking of Wonder Man as I was going through my old issues of Force Works in my comic book short box

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Why? because casual moviegoers will just think it will just be a play on DCs Wonder Woman?
    I wouldn't be surprised if that was at least part of the reason; and unfortunately it's a justified one. I have some custom bound collections of WM's 90's series on my shelf, and non-comic reading friends always laugh and say something ignorant when they see them. What can you do though, people are dumb...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

I wouldn't be surprised as well.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Ron Frenz!!!

Avengers #158 - Ron Frenz One Minute Later

Wow....just takes my breath away...Ron Frenz just whomps this one out of the ballpark. I love the expression on Wonder Man's face and I love seeing Cap front and central.

Marvel Team Up #136 Spider-Man and Wonder Man 1983. David Michelinie Story. Ron Frenz Cover And Pencils.
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....day_ron_frenz/

Shirtless Simon....your loss Wanda.

Hmmm...what's Valkyrie doing these days? lol.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I think they should just reboot the character. Put him back into his original costume because he's never looked more powerful than he did with that on. The headgear with the illuminating goggles always looked good to me and the whole looks just implied that this is a powerhouse and physically one of the strongest characters around. Definitely no more purple leaking energy form or red safari suit and specs or mullets, please!!

I think they should just reboot the character. Put him back into his original costume because he's never looked more powerful than he did with that on. The headgear with the illuminating goggles always looked good to me and the whole looks just implied that this is a powerhouse and physically one of the strongest characters around. Definitely no more purple leaking energy form or red safari suit and specs or mullets, please!!
    Wow, you said everything I was going to here!!

I always thought his first costume was not only the best, but said "Wonder Man" and he always looked more muscular and stronger than at any other time.

By the way, what is Simon's strength level these days? Where is he and what has he been doing?

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Obviously great minds think alike when it comes to superhero looks.

Anyway, I've no idea what Wonderman current status is. He's either dead (again), being totally absorbed into mutant parasite, Rogue or simply in post Secret Wars limbo.

Obviously great minds think alike when it comes to superhero looks.
    LOL, true, true!

Here is another example: you have a great avatar!

Astonishing Member

Anyway, I've no idea what Wonderman current status is. He's either dead (again), being totally absorbed into mutant parasite, Rogue or simply in post Secret Wars limbo.
    His current status is presumed to be lost somewhere inside Rogue--at least, that was the last word said on it a few issues ago. Duggan has indicated that he intends to deal with the Wonder Man situation eventually, so presumably it will get cleared up in a future issue (but probably not until after the whole Red Skull crisis is resolved).

I've never particularly liked his original costume--or ANY of his green costumes, sorry. I much prefer his black-and-red costumes (not counting the safari jacket ). Either his classic black-and-red suit that he wore through most of WCA and his solo book, or the updated costume he wore in the Busiek/Perez AVENGERS run...those are my favourite looks for Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Correction--THIS is my favourite look for Simon.

I like Simon's classic black and red looks, though I admit after watching Earth's Mightiest Heroes and reading the Busiek run that I'd like to see his ionic form pop up more since it's a really cool look .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Correction--THIS is my favourite look for Simon.
    I don't think Wanda (or a few other Avengers) would mind that becoming his official look at all .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Wanda (or a few other Avengers) would mind that becoming his official look at all .
    Probably not. Wanda, Tigra and Carol at least should be in favour...and I doubt She-Hulk or Wasp would mind either, given their comments on his physique in their "Rate The Hunks" game way back in one of the WCA Annuals.

I'm guessing THIS look might be a step too far though....

wondy'costume'.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Probably not. Wanda, Tigra and Carol at least should be in favour...and I doubt She-Hulk or Wasp would mind either, given their comments on his physique in their "Rate The Hunks" game way back in one of the WCA Annuals.

I'm guessing THIS look might be a step too far though....

wondy'costume'.jpg
    I love how nonchalant Tony is .