BANNED

Default Which Characters Would You Like To See As Outsiders In A Batman Game?

For example, while they aren't all actually Outsiders, it would be cool to see these folks on the roster:

-Black Lightning
    -Katana
    -Green Arrow
    -Mr. Terrific

Black Lightning
    Katana
    Geo-Force
    Halo (the Young Justice Muslim version)
    Vigilante (Donald Fairchild)
    Xombi
    Tarantula (Catalina Flores)

The three aren’t official members but I’d still add them

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

BL/Katana. I would like Ollie on the team only if Batman ISN'T on it. He'd work very well with Jefferson, but he and Bruce are a known commodity and I don't think he'd follow orders from Bruce Wayne very well given how fascist the guy can get in modern comics.

Holt would work, but he's basically just Bruce without the backstabbing so eventually he'd just take leadership from Batman and I don't think WB wants that.

BANNED

After giving it some thought, I think a Green Arrow-led team acting as a more extreme version of the Batfamily makes the most sense. A rival group of well funded vigilantes.

Green Arrow
    Black Lightning
    Black Canary
    Huntress
    Katana
    Question
    Bronze Tiger
    Gypsy
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

First, not Batman please.

Jeff and Tatsu for sure.
    Additionally, Green Arrow, Halo, Metamorpho, Geo-Force and maybe Grace Choi.

Mighty Member

As long as Black Lightning and Katana are in there it is all good.

Alongside Metamorpho, they are the staples of the Outsiders and should be included.

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    As long as Black Lightning and Katana are in there it is all good.

Alongside Metamorpho, they are the staples of the Outsiders and should be included.
    Agreed. Those three are basically the Trinity of the Outsiders, and any version that doesn't have them just feels off to me.

I'm not overly interested in Bruce being involved. It just seems counter intuitive. The group is called the outsiders, so you assume they're on the fringes somehow, right? But their leader is Batman? Not only a long-time Leaguer but part of the friggin Trinity and one of the most influential people on earth, in or out of costume? No, Bruce doesn't get to call himself an outsider and I don't give a damn that it started off as his team.

I like Ollie with the group, since he often has a problem with the way the League does things, and I think Nightwing fits this mold as well; Dick might be friendly with the League and have a lot of history with some of them but he's never been interested in joining and was at odds with them many times as a Titan (back when the Titans weren't just loyal whipping boys).

I think Kate "Manhunter" Spencer, the Silencer (from DC's New Age line) and Prisoner of War (from Aquaman's The Others) would all make quality additions as well and bring some fresh blood to the IP.

I'd have the team operate out of Markovia, but Brion wouldn't be an active member.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agreed. Those three are basically the Trinity of the Outsiders, and any version that doesn't have them just feels off to me.

I'm not overly interested in Bruce being involved. It just seems counter intuitive. The group is called the outsiders, so you assume they're on the fringes somehow, right? But their leader is Batman? Not only a long-time Leaguer but part of the friggin Trinity and one of the most influential people on earth, in or out of costume? No, Bruce doesn't get to call himself an outsider and I don't give a damn that it started off as his team.

I like Ollie with the group, since he often has a problem with the way the League does things, and I think Nightwing fits this mold as well; Dick might be friendly with the League and have a lot of history with some of them but he's never been interested in joining and was at odds with them many times as a Titan (back when the Titans weren't just loyal whipping boys).

I think Kate "Manhunter" Spencer, the Silencer (from DC's New Age line) and Prisoner of War (from Aquaman's The Others) would all make quality additions as well and bring some fresh blood to the IP.

I'd have the team operate out of Markovia, but Brion wouldn't be an active member.
    Agreed as well, I would like to see the Outsiders outgrow Batman, but alas...if it's a video game than Batman would have to be in it, because the character moves merchandise, while I don't think an Outsiders video game could sell on name recognition alone.

I to would rather have Ollie than Batman, as he is more of an unorthodox rebel, whereas (Being a vigilante aside) Batman is more of a straight man conformist. All in all though, I would prefer Black Lightning to lead the team. Make him a permanent member of the JLA and the leader of the Outsiders.

Black Lightning, Katana, Metamorphisis...I like Geo Force to, but I don't think he's been on the team since its original incarnation?

BANNED

Agreed as well, I would like to see the Outsiders outgrow Batman, but alas...if it's a video game than Batman would have to be in it, because the character moves merchandise, while I don't think an Outsiders video game could sell on name recognition alone.

I to would rather have Ollie than Batman, as he is more of an unorthodox rebel, whereas (Being a vigilante aside) Batman is more of a straight man conformist. All in all though, I would prefer Black Lightning to lead the team. Make him a permanent member of the JLA and the leader of the Outsiders.

Black Lightning, Katana, Metamorphisis...I like Geo Force to, but I don't think he's been on the team since its original incarnation?
    They could still be a team separate from Batman appearing in a Batman game.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    They could still be a team separate from Batman appearing in a Batman game.
    Of course, but unfortunately you still need Batman's name on the title and in the game to move the merchandise. I wish it wasn't that way, but no one outside of comic fans really has much knowledge of the outsiders.

As for the comic itself, I would like to see it shed its Batman skin. When I think about it, Katana would be a cool leader to.

BANNED

Of course, but unfortunately you still need Batman's name on the title and in the game to move the merchandise. I wish it wasn't that way, but no one outside of comic fans really has much knowledge of the outsiders.

As for the comic itself, I would like to see it shed its Batman skin. When I think about it, Katana would be a cool leader to.
    Yes, Batman's name would be on the game, but the Outsiders could just be side characters operating as a team without Batman on it. Like, you can have an Arkham game with the Suicide Squad in it without Batman being a member of the Suicide Squad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yes, Batman's name would be on the game, but the Outsiders could just be side characters operating as a team without Batman on it. Like, you can have an Arkham game with the Suicide Squad in it without Batman being a member of the Suicide Squad.
    Well as long as you can pick to play Black Lightning or Katana its all good.