Page 145 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Saturnyne paired Logan and Storm up to punish them for scheming to assassinate her so we’re getting more character here than “tsk tsk.”
    That's fair. Saturnyne's response can be whatever fits the story, so I'm not super mad at that part. But when one issue is part of a crossover, it's tough when another writer takes over the consequences and it's murky. I'm not positive that Logan and Storm getting drunk was exactly punishment for their subterfuge because we're not even sure if Saturnyne knows Storm was in on it, but it's reasonable to assume that.

Anyway, moving on! Opinions on what constitutes bad writing shouldn't be derailing this whole thread.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    That's fair. Saturnyne's response can be whatever fits the story, so I'm not super mad at that part. But when one issue is part of a crossover, it's tough when another writer takes over the consequences and it's murky. I'm not positive that Logan and Storm getting drunk was exactly punishment for their subterfuge because we're not even sure if Saturnyne knows Storm was in on it, but it's reasonable to assume that.

Anyway, moving on! Opinions on what constitutes bad writing shouldn't be derailing this whole thread.
    The punishment was the effect getting drunk would have on them in their next fights. Logan was tripping over his own feet and unable to think straight during his fight with war because he was so inebriated, and Saturnyne said that Storm would have a similar problem when she finally fought.

And Logan lost his healing factor because of the drink, he had to fight War without it.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The punishment was the effect getting drunk would have on them in their next fights. Logan was tripping over his own feet and unable to think straight during his fight with war because he was so inebriated, and Saturnyne said that Storm would have a similar problem when she finally fought.
    Like I said, I'm not mad at it. Saturnyne's game is still being revealed so whatever she comes up with, I'll accept for now. I honestly didn't read Wolverine #7 that carefully because I've lost so much interest after this week's Mararuders and Excalibur.

Mighty Member

My big issue with these fights is the pacing. I don't mind that it's gamed against Krakoa. What I mind is that the fights aren't allowed to stand on their own.

If Wolverine was dedicated to his fight with Summoner with the whole issue just being the endless battles through various corrupted realities and then at the end it was revealed "the winner is the one who dies" that'd hit a lot harder.

Same if Betsy vs Isca was a long drawn out fight where in the decisive moment, Betsy's sword shattered. That'd also put a lot more gravitas.

The fact that these fights are rigged isn't what makes this so disappointing. It's that these rigged fights can't stand on their own.

And when the rules are only revealed after the fact it makes a lot of what is happening feel pointless. That's a sort of twist that only works once, it at all. How can you get invested when you don't know if the next issue will be a fight or a potato sack race? And if the stakes for every fight change, why bother to pay attention until the end? We don't even know if its a 'first to 10 points wins' or a 'first to 10 points, loses'. Cypher married a Black Bolt expy, so everyone gets a point! What? Why? Betsy died, and dying in this event was supposed to be THE BIG DEAL! Except probably not, its probably a scheme? So ultimately the only thing that really mattered in these three issues was the Summoner dying, so one of the few villains with a presence is now gone.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So let me get this right, a wedding, a arm wrestle, a claw used against War, a drink battle, ehhhh where are the ten of swords in this? Seems the swords are not or barely used.....
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So let me get this right, a wedding, a arm wrestle, a claw used against War, a drink battle, ehhhh where are the ten of swords in this? Seems the swords are not or barely used.....
    ten of swords is a tarot card and all the events happening have been foretold by the tarot.

BANNED

Oh it was foretold by the cards, so everything is alright haha

I guess that fits. One of these issues would be XVI:The Tower, which stands for disaster. Like the event as a whole.

Bu dum tish.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ten of swords is a tarot card and all the events happening have been foretold by the tarot.
    They all had to collect swords and both stiffed have picked sword bearers, so he'll yeah, I expect them to world and fight with these swords, duh-huh.

So basically the X of Swords does not contain any sword fighting so far. Even though we have seen many issues where they were collecting the swords.

Am I the only one finding that a bit disappointing?.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    They all had to collect swords and both stiffed have picked sword bearers, so he'll yeah, I expect them to world and fight with these swords, duh-huh.

So basically the X of Swords does not contain any sword fighting so far.

Am I the only one finding that a bit disappointing?.
    No you’re not. This is the worst week of this event. I didn’t mind Marauders for the most part, but Excalibur was not good. Again.
    Last edited by Rnap22; 11-11-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    This event really **** the bed. Like, what the hell is going on?
    Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    6-8 issues would solve this, instead we got 22 issues with lots of padding and little pay off
    This has been nothing but payoff.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Wow. Okay. Today's issues took an unexpectedly amusing turn. Some of the jokes fell flat, but the overall mood whiplash was pretty cool. Also, that one panel of Apocalypse and Genesis talking about their kids was just too funny. My only major gripes are Saturnyne being such a good sport about Logan plotting to murder her (sigh) and basically everything involving Cypher (double sigh) in the event that White Sword didn't lie his ass off.

That being said, it made the "Swordbearers gathering the swords and being kinda whiny jackasses about it" phase of the event an even bigger waste of time than it already was. Heck, unless the Krakoans use the Peak during the event, basically every single non-Hickman issue could've been safely skipped.