Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Their appeal has always been more of a "Game of Thrones with super powers" type narrative.
    Would you mind clarifying what you mean by this? I've been seeing this particular descriptor (comparing the Inhumans' stories to "Game of Thrones with super powers") floating around for the last week or so, and I have to admit, I don't see how this is the case.

So we can pretty much surmise that the terrigen crystal meth clouds are destroyed, forcing the Inhumans to raid the Kree for their stash/another drug of choice? I thought the terrigen crystals were just stumbled up and subsequently smoked, not actually ever an intended part of the Kree's Inhuman experiment. If the crystals are retconned to being part of the experiment, great. Makes perfect sense esp. since the Universal Inhumans all have their own different mutagenic compounds similar to terrigen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think this is best for both sides. Marvel tried too hard to make the Racist Xenophobic Slave-Owners into mutants. That just doesn't work. That has never been their appeal. Their appeal has always been more of a "Game of Thrones with super powers" type narrative. ... I really feel like Marvel needs to get back to basics with these franchises and so far, it sounds like they're right on track.
    Exactly. Let the Inhumans royal family be cold-hearted bastards who care only for themselves and maintaining their repressive way of life.
    I highly doubt the thousands of Nuhumans are going anywhere so we'll have them popping up instead of new mutant characters for the foreseeable future.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoFuriousGeorge View Post
    Would you mind clarifying what you mean by this? I've been seeing this particular descriptor (comparing the Inhumans' stories to "Game of Thrones with super powers") floating around for the last week or so, and I have to admit, I don't see how this is the case.
    Rival Inhuman kingdoms vying for control via intrigue, sex, murder, and super powers while the same thing goes on within each kingdom, too.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

donpricetag
    You wrote:
    With a declining readership, they still roughly make up half of Marvel's sales each month with very little marketing or "excitement" from fans.
    X men don't make up half of Marvel's sales. That's big exaggeration. They are 10% (October)
    your math is incorrect BTW.
    Where? and ... there is a possibility that i made a mistake but i am sure that Excel didn't.:P

The X-Men bringing in less money now directly reflects upon Ike, because his half of Marvel is bringing in less money because of that. He's playing nicer with Fox, we're seeing X-Men toys and FF merch, X-Men are coming back to TV. We havent this in years. IMO this is why we are seeing things be reversed drastically.
    Maybe. I hope so. That would be nice.
    but i don't know if this is because inhumans "failed"
    maybe this is because Fox is ready to cooperate with Marvel (Legion)

I think you're trying to make a point in an area in which I wasn't going.
    Maybe You are right. Maybe I assumed too much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Rival Inhuman kingdoms vying for control via intrigue, sex, murder, and super powers while the same thing goes on within each kingdom, too.
    Has this been a thing in the Inhumans comics? Not being sarcastic here, but I wasn't aware of that. I know about Maximus, but that's about it. Interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Has this been a thing in the Inhumans comics? Not being sarcastic here, but I wasn't aware of that. I know about Maximus, but that's about it. Interesting.
    I don't recall it ever being GoT as such, more just the type of stories involving a royal family and alien society. However, as far as modern tastes, the Inhumans would probably be most suitable to capturing fans of GoT by going more in that direction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I don't recall it ever being GoT as such, more just the type of stories involving a royal family and alien society. However, as far as modern tastes, the Inhumans would probably be most suitable to capturing fans of GoT by going more in that direction.
    This makes much more sense now. Thank you.

BANNED

Oh boy...
    Inhumans brand is so toxic they had to give away free copies of IvX #0 and remove inhumans from their new title

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/...x-men-ordered/

Sure it seems that way, if you let the handful of X-fans who irrationally wish for all things Inhuman to die speak for all of us. Maybe try not judging X-fans as one collective group.
    Yes, This!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    We've got a bit more news on how things post-IvX are shaking out. Full spoilery article.

TL;DR version:

spoilers:
    Inhumans are getting a new book, which sees the Royal Family leaving earth. Whether it's just the Royal Family, or if Inhumans in general are leaving, this certainly does indicate a major shift in the situation between mutants and Inhumans post-IvX.
    end of spoilers
    Some interesting tidbits in that article. Though I don't think all inhumans will be leaving earth, just the royals and a few others.

This makes much more sense now. Thank you.
    When the Inhumans movie was first announced, there was a lot of buzz wondering if Marvel would use them to capture the GoT market. The Inhumans comics push started off with other hidden kingdoms and societies, too.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Mutants: Let's take out this cloud that's slaughtering our people! Yeah!

Inhumans: We could've always contained the cloud, months ago. Instead, let's shoot down the Mutants trying to defend themselves. Inferno, exterminate the pests.

Mutants: Argh....now we're all gonna die....painfully....

Inhumans: Shawarma, anybody?

BANNED

It could only really be said to be GoT-like if everything Inhuman was about their struggles with Maximus.

In which case... Black Panther and Aquaman are GoT-like as well.

But I think the most GoT-like thing in Marvel is the Hellfire Club.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    So with the inhumans royals leaving earth in their new series what will xfans have to complain about now. I mean clearly it looks like the xmen are getting screwed over by marvel with ressurxion coming and inhumans leaving. Seems that unless every single inhuman is dead xfans won't be satisfied. But its interesting how xfans go from complaining to gloating. I am excited for both franchises going forward after IVX.
    How long they stay away from the mutants; i dont care what the Inhumans do.

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I don't want every Inhuman dead, just the ones that released the terrigen and sat back and let the mutants die instead of removing it or getting in the way of mutants trying to stop it

Regarding complaints... Back to :
    -Cyclops bashing, "he's literally Hitler"
    -Complain about X 23 characterization, that place is a battlefield
    -Complain about the O5 staying on the present, because they get in the way of the other young X men
    -Bring back wolverine and Jean! Because reasons
    -More Cyclops bashing because why not?
    -No X men tv show or video games

Believe me inhumans is just the tip of the iceberg

As for the complaints against cyclops...
    Yeah, like if the Inhumans were the only thing that this board complains about.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It could only really be said to be GoT-like if everything Inhuman was about their struggles with Maximus.

In which case... Black Panther and Aquaman are GoT-like as well.

But I think the most GoT-like thing in Marvel is the Hellfire Club.
    Really ?.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Really ?.
    Where else do you get more sex, intrigue and fake notions of royalty than in the HFC?