View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 850 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 3507508008408468478488498508518528538548609009501350 ... LastLast
Results 12,736 to 12,750 of 21657

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    What is the final consensus on the Geoff Johns Flash omnibuses? Did they release a vol. 3 without the printing error? Is the binding fine on all of them?
    Yes they did re-print the third volume with the correct page order. I have all 3 and they are easy to read. Not on Marvel level when it comes to the binding..but pretty reasonable. As for the contents...it's more Johns...nothing amazing, but quite solid throughout.

How is the Gotham Central Omnibus, good build quality and binding?

Also thinking about Scalped Deluxe editions, what is the build quality on those?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post

Also thinking about Scalped Deluxe editions, what is the build quality on those?
    overall GC is quite good but they've used thas cured black cardboard for the cover and it feels a bit flimsy.
    Scalped is really good quality, usual Vertigo deluxe.

Honestly maybe skip to "War Child" and just read that cold - it's the most accessible story of the entire run imo.
    which omnibus is that in? I might read it before I sell the omnibuses

What is the final consensus on the Geoff Johns Flash omnibuses? Did they release a vol. 3 without the printing error? Is the binding fine on all of them?
    The vol3 printing error was corrected straight away, the books with the error were supposedly destroyed and replacement were sent out. Except I got a full refund and kept the book
    Binding is tight on all 3 but not unreadable. I really like the stories, probably theb est Flash run along with Waid's (which I haven't read yet but that's the one people usually point at) although it takes a storyarc or two to really get going.

Honestly maybe skip to "War Child" and just read that cold - it's the most accessible story of the entire run imo.
    Probably the most accessible but that Eppy and Orion stuff - although wordy - is geat.

I had no problems with the bindings. Yes they did release 3 w/o the error

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I'm so excited for the Bronze Age Swamp Thing and Kirby's Fourth World omnibi coming out at the end of this year. There's some paperback Kirby from DC as well, with The Demon, Challengers, and Mister Miracle.
    Yes! Dont forget Walter Simmons Orion series as well

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    overall GC is quite good but they've used thas cured black cardboard for the cover and it feels a bit flimsy.
    Scalped is really good quality, usual Vertigo deluxe.
    Just to follow what Balakin said, GC is like most all current DC omnis, ok sewn binding but you'll have to hold it open within about the first and last 75 pages or so, terrible cheap flimsy cover boards, but fantastic thick paper quality. Excellent book worth having though.

Unfortunately Scalped, and I think all DC/Vertigo Deluxe Editions, are sewn binding but for whatever reason then glued completely flat to the cover spine as well. It's very annoying, but I wouldn't let it dissuade you from buying. They are still good quality for value books and it's currently the best way to buy this fantastic series.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Just to follow what Balakin said, GC is like most all current DC omnis, ok sewn binding but you'll have to hold it open within about the first and last 75 pages or so, terrible cheap flimsy cover boards, but fantastic thick paper quality. Excellent book worth having though.

Unfortunately Scalped, and I think all DC/Vertigo Deluxe Editions, are sewn binding but for whatever reason then glued completely flat to the cover spine as well. It's very annoying, but I wouldn't let it dissuade you from buying. They are still good quality for value books and it's currently the best way to buy this fantastic series.
    Ah so they haven't changed their build quality much then, I have ordered the Omnibus and will be thinking on Scalped. Cheers for the help.

Ah so they haven't changed their build quality much then, I have ordered the Omnibus and will be thinking on Scalped. Cheers for the help.
    it's weird, seems like if they do a decent job with the binding then we get the crappy cardboard cover but if the binding is tighter then they put a nice laminated cover on. Like the recently released Cosmic Odyssey deluxe has an amazing binding especially for a DC book but the cover is black cb while all the Scalped books are tighter but with really nice covers.

it's weird, seems like if they do a decent job with the binding then we get the crappy cardboard cover but if the binding is tighter then they put a nice laminated cover on. Like the recently released Cosmic Odyssey deluxe has an amazing binding especially for a DC book but the cover is black cb while all the Scalped books are tighter but with really nice covers.
    Cosmic Odyssey feels really good I hold it. Everything I'd pretty amazing, from paper quality to cover quality.

Incredible Member

So I heard that the Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe edition is cancelled. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    So I heard that the Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe edition is cancelled. Is this true?
    I guess, technically, yes. But So was Bronze Age Swamp Thins and a slew of others that were then resolicited.

I'm guessing we'll see a new solicitation that includes the entire Johns run, not just up to 16.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I guess, technically, yes. But So was Bronze Age Swamp Thins and a slew of others that were then resolicited.

I'm guessing we'll see a new solicitation that includes the entire Johns run, not just up to 16.
    I think youre confusing the Aquaman Rebirth Deluxe, with the Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omni.

which omnibus is that in? I might read it before I sell the omnibuses
    Looks like it opens up vol. 4. It's a widescreen summer action movie kinda tale, and was many people's first encounter with Grendel bitd due to it being released by Dark Horse and not Comico. The next story in vol. 4, "Devil Quest" should honestly not be read until you've read some of the Grendel Tales mini's, as it ties into both those as well as Batman/Grendel II. The third portion of Omnibus 4 is the Greg Rucka prose novel, which is kinda funny and another reason I don't like the mapping of these omnibuses.

Looks like it opens up vol. 4. It's a widescreen summer action movie kinda tale, and was many people's first encounter with Grendel bitd due to it being released by Dark Horse and not Comico. The next story in vol. 4, "Devil Quest" should honestly not be read until you've read some of the Grendel Tales mini's, as it ties into both those as well as Batman/Grendel II. The third portion of Omnibus 4 is the Greg Rucka prose novel, which is kinda funny and another reason I don't like the mapping of these omnibuses.
    The interesting thing about the prose novel was that it featured the Grendel from War Child and also a character from one of the Grendel Tales stories. You're right, the mapping kind of sucks.