Page 98 of 865 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 12974
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    There's six, actually - if you mean the original Jodorowsky/Moebius one.

The "Deluxe" one - that's not actually its name - is a slipcased, Absolute-sized collection (10x13 inches), that's been OOP for ages. New copies start at $650 on Amazon.

There's also a smaller, also OOP collection (HC, 8x10 inches), that might be reprinted later this year (not sure; new copies at $380).

Then there's the six coffee-table books, which are huge but beautiful (12x16 inches). Although having a limited print run of 999 copies each, they all seem to be still available. To me, those are the definite edition of the Incal (you also might pay less for those overall than for a new copy of the small HC atm).
    Huh. Thanks. So what are the names of the 6 titles I should be looking for? (Sorry, this is really confusing to me haha)

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The small hc also got an European English version which can still be bought cheap on Amazon.co.uk I thought
    Ah, yes, the Selfmadehero one. Just looked and it seems also OOP. New copies start at £80, which should be around $130 or so. Still a lot but much, much less than the other versions.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Huh. Thanks. So what are the names of the 6 titles I should be looking for? (Sorry, this is really confusing to me haha)
    LOL. Yeah, it was for me as well, especially since they are all listed completely differently on Amazon. But since I have all of them, I can give you a list:

1. The Black Incal
    2. The Luminous Incal
    3. What lies beneath
    4. What is above
    5. The Fifth Essence #1: The dreaming galaxy
    6. The Fifth Essence #2: Planet Difool

The covers all look similar to this one:

http://www.amazon.ca/Incal-T4-What-A...ords=the+incal

EDIT:

LOL. The "customers who also bought..." ad below actually links to all other five.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 07-12-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Incredible Member

LOL. Yeah, it was for me as well, especially since they are all listed completely differently on Amazon. But since I have all of them, I can give you a list:

1. The Black Incal
    2. The Luminous Incal
    3. What lies beneath
    4. What is above
    5. The Fifth Essence #1: The dreaming galaxy
    6. The Fifth Essence #2: Planet Difool

The covers all look similar to this one:

http://www.amazon.ca/Incal-T4-What-A...ords=the+incal

EDIT:

LOL. The "customers who also bought..." ad below actually links to all other five.
    Ah, cool. So those six you listed are part of the classic incal series? So where dos Before / After / Final incal come into play?

- Armies is absolutely stunning. Enjoyed the heck out of that, especially the artwork. If you enjoy sword and sorcery books, you need to get this. Up there (if not even beyond) the best Conan comics - Marvel and DH.
    - Haven't read the other books since I finally wanted to begin with my new Jodo-verse collection, starting with Metabarons. Yep, that IS some crazy s***, with so much stuff going on and idea upon idea, each of which could in itself fill a 200+ page volume.
    if you liked armies, you need to check out diosamante.
    formerly 'weeks'

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Ah, yes, the Selfmadehero one. Just looked and it seems also OOP. New copies start at £80, which should be around $130 or so. Still a lot but much, much less than the other versions.
    It's below €40 (about $55) on Amazon.de. The Before Incal collection is also priced like this. Do you know what the quality of the Selfmadehero one is?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

It's below €40 (about $55) on Amazon.de. The Before Incal collection is also priced like this. Do you know what the quality of the Selfmadehero one is?
    Yeah, but it's not in stock and the only new copy is €165 on Marketplace.

Before Incal seems to be getting a reprint soon however.

Yeah, but it's not in stock and the only new copy is €165 on Marketplace.

Before Incal seems to be getting a reprint soon however.
    It is in stock. I just ordered one for €34 then cancelled immediately so it's definitely in stock
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

It is in stock. I just ordered one for €34 then cancelled immediately so it's definitely in stock
    This one?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/1906...pf_rd_i=301128

It says "Derzeit nicht auf Lager", meaning it's not in stock. You might be able to order it, though.

There's six, actually - if you mean the original Jodorowsky/Moebius one.

The "Deluxe" one - that's not actually its name - is a slipcased, Absolute-sized collection (10x13 inches), that's been OOP for ages. New copies start at $650 on Amazon.

There's also a smaller, also OOP collection (HC, 8x10 inches), that might be reprinted later this year (not sure; new copies at $380).

Then there's the six coffee-table books, which are huge but beautiful (12x16 inches). Although having a limited print run of 999 copies each, they all seem to be still available. To me, those are the definite edition of the Incal (you also might pay less for those overall than for a new copy of the small HC atm).

EDIT:

Just had another quick look at Amazon.com (Marketplace).You can get the six books for between $50-80 each (most of them around 50), so that would indeed amount to less than $380.
    I really want to get these, but the 12x16 size of these books has me a little hesitant. I'm sure they look beautiful, just not sure where to put them haha.

This one?

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/1906...pf_rd_i=301128

It says "Derzeit nicht auf Lager", meaning it's not in stock. You might be able to order it, though.
    Oh yeah, you're right. Nevermind then. My LCS still has the yellow one for cover price so it doesn't really matter

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

The standard 8"x10" editions of Before The Incal and The Incal are being reprinted this September; both are in this month's Previews. That's probably the cheapest option if you can wait a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    The standard 8"x10" editions of Before The Incal and The Incal are being reprinted this September; both are in this month's Previews. That's probably the cheapest option if you can wait a few months.
    Oh cool! Maybe I will wait then. Moebius did not do the art for Before Incal, correct?

For all those that like Incal and other Jodorowsky comics you should check out the documentary Jodorowsky's Dune if you haven't already. Its interesting to see the origins of a lot of stuff that went into his books. He and Moebius basically laid out the whole movie like a giant comic so it was a no brainer for them to just move it over into the comic realm together when the movie was cancelled. Art design and plot points were picked directly from the movie storyboards. Pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Oh cool! Maybe I will wait then. Moebius did not do the art for Before Incal, correct?
    Nope. That was Janjetov, who was also the artist on Technopriests. Not Moebius, but still a great artist.

Hm. Why not rank them? I'd say

1. Moebius
    2. Ladrönn
    3. Gimenez
    4. Janjetov
    Last edited by LordJulius; 07-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.