Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Just a normal issue by the looks of things. And Hulk isn't even doing a WOTR tie-in.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Immortal_Hulk_Vol_1_16
    Which just goes to the quality of the run.

No tie-ins.
    No gimmicks.
    Just a good book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    Which just goes to the quality of the run.

No tie-ins.
    No gimmicks.
    Just a good book.
    There was a lot of hype of a first appearance, and don't get me wrong, Immortal Hulk is picking up readers by all evidence we have, but this spike certainly has a lot to do with speculation as well, as the 1:25 variant was in demand enough to push a lot of extra orders, in fact it was so hot that they did a 1:25 variant for the second print that plenty of retailer jumped on, ordering reprints they did not need just to make a buck on the variant.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

It helps that Immortal Hulk isn't confusing. You can just read issue 1... and start there. You don't have to deal with dozens of relaunches.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I'd say the DCU seems more centralized on Snyder's stuff and Bendis' Superman then Batman at this point.

Right now the only thing Batman's got going for him is that he can carry a franchise of titles. The only solo Marvel character who can do that is Spider-Man.
    Although both are trying hard to build other franchises. Both are also building a younger group of books.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Symbiote Spider-Man is doing crazy good for a mini series!
    Combination of it being a first issue as well as having an Artgerm cover. We'll have to see how further issues fare to determine if it's a sales success or not.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    It helps that Immortal Hulk isn't confusing. You can just read issue 1... and start there. You don't have to deal with dozens of relaunches.
    You mean aside from the fact it is a relaunch and a major status quo change? I think it is mainly the huge positive press it is getting, especially from the main podcasts and the end of year lists. It is also a word of mouth book because most didn't jump on early. I actually wonder if we are seeing one of the side effects of Marvel Unlimited. That once people can sample a few issues they are more likely to catch up and add it to their pull list of books they buy on Wednesdays.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-11-2019 at 06:23 AM.

Man...it's just sad the state the Big Two are in.

If anyone thinks their is no concern for this little hobby that we love is not only not paying attention, they are choosing to be willfully ignorant. Current tactics are not sustainable long term. Really hope something happens to turn the industry in a different direction that moves them both back upward.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    You mean aside from the fact it is a relaunch and a major status quo change?
    Not sure what you're getting at. It's literally a relaunch, but issue #1 is completely self-contained. It requires no other books to be read to start picking up and enjoying. That's his point. The book completely stands on it's own complete with introduction of the protagonist, explanation of "rules and powers", and lets you go on that journey without assuming anything.

I get this Hulk is a pretty big shift, and that does make it a bit of a surprise that it is doing so well (comic readers are notorious for claiming they want growth then only buying status quo), But I do think the accessibility of the run should get credit. Eventually they'll pull an Old-Man Logan, swap the writers and artists, then kill it off to revert things .... but I hope that's years off. I'm enjoying this run for what it is.

Thanos #1 beating Amazing Spider-Man is showing some villain sales power!

It’ll be interesting to what the other big Endgame players numbers look like in April.

Comichron sales are here
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-04.html

It was a good month to be a Thor fan. WOTR sold 187,851 copies.
    Thanos 1 did great, selling 81,256 copies. He outsold all team books.
    No X-title managed to reach 50,000 in sales. Justice League, Avengers, and Fantastic Four all beat Uncanny X-Men.
    The last three issues of Avengers: No Road Home all sold in the 30,000s, while the last issue of West Coast Avengers only managed 13,259. I think the No Road Home team should come back for more.
    Champions are floundering at 16,223. Runaways are even worse at 9,241.

Champions mistimed it's relaunch for definite. Should've relaunched when Zub took over last April. The relaunch hasn't boosted it's sales at all, and it would seem some people took the opportunity to walk away. Hopefully it's doing better digitally and in TPBs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

At this point, the X-books are just waiting for Hickman, and I'm guessing retailers knew something big was coming in the summer. The premises for both AoXM and X-force were really dead ends.

Champions mistimed it's relaunch for definite. Should've relaunched when Zub took over last April. The relaunch hasn't boosted it's sales at all, and it would seem some people took the opportunity to walk away. Hopefully it's doing better digitally and in TPBs.
    Yeah, I imagine #5 sold better because of the tie-in and return of Cyclops, but seems pointless to relaunch with the same team and following the same plots.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    At this point, the X-books are just waiting for Hickman, and I'm guessing retailers knew something big was coming in the summer. The premises for both AoXM and X-force were really dead ends.

Yeah, I imagine #5 sold better because of the tie-in and return of Cyclops, but seems pointless to relaunch with the same team and following the same plots.
    You're totally right on your first point. Age of X Man screamed placeholder/timekiller. Especially since the WHOLE POINT of Extermination and the weekly Uncanny was to clean up and streamline the X verse to set up a relaunch. Putting an AU story at the end of that makes zero sense. It is completely counter intuitive. It seems blatantly obvious that schedules demanded some time in between the end of Extermination/Uncanny weekly and Hickman, so we got Age of X Man, which doesn't have to worry about continuity or long term planning. It is basically the same thing as when DC did Convergence for two months so they could move their offices across the country.

Ultimate Member

Amazon

Champions by Jim Zub Vol. 1: Beat the Devil
    (Pre orders does not come out till August)

#2837 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #5831 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Those numbers will go up as we get closer to July.

Champions col 2 (December)
    #2139 in Marvel Comics & Graphic Novels
    #4225 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Kindle
    #2812 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #5778 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #15654 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#2296 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #4976 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #13748 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#635 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #1692 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #4748 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Champions #4
    #472 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #1365 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #3889 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

#258 in 45-Minute Comic & Graphic Novel Short Reads
    #890 in Superhero Graphic Novels
    #2576 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Remember you have a book with a roster of HATED characters. Zub is dealing with those backlash.

I wouldn't panic just yet as you have to take into consideration what else came out during those months. Young Justice, Milestone number issues & two events at DC. I would worry if those numbers were around for a volume 3 trade.