Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The plan isn’t for Lois and Selina to get pregnant at the same time and both have super daughters ?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Another thing that annoys me, both about King and some fans, is the idea that Bruce would finally have a family again if he marries Selina. He already has a family. He had one for several decades now. They are literally called bat-family. You don't need a spouse to have a family.
    You are 100% correct that marriage won't mean Batman "has a family now" where he didn't before. It is a different thing, though, to have a spouse, than to have children as a single sort-of dad.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Caldwell View Post
    All I know is I am rooting for Bane because I cannot stand the way King writes Bruce.
    Maybe I'll read another King book after this if he has Bane break Selina' back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Maybe I'll read another King book after this if he has Bane break Selina' back.
    That's not going to happen.
    I guess that you'll won't be reading another King book ever again.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    It's just terrible romance in my opinion. I don't think King knows how to tell a compelling love story, at all.

A lot of this won't retain, which is why I'm banking on a reset sooner than later.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but you don't think King's BatCat writing has anything to do with their rep in pop culture, do you? Because people have known about Batman and Catwoman for years.
    I am very sure lilyrose knows that.
    I don't think she's so ignorant that you have to tell her that.

There is nothing in what she typed that she showed an implication of King's writing had to do with BatCat's rep in pop culture.
    Last edited by Starrius; 09-12-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post

ETA: Selina and Bruce being together might be a new status quo after King leaves, but that doesn't necessarily mean the cutesy Bat/Cat nicknames will stick around, or the "has to be happy" theme will continue. The next team will put their own spin on it that may or may not shift it from the things people complain about in this thread and others to something they enjoy.

Well, yeah, but just the idea that they're an actual couple now is new. If that becomes more or less the status quo that's a fairly significant change, because even though they've always been romantically attached (she's by far the most popular love interest in Batman's history), it was more like the conflict was they could never really be together. It was always a tease. And it was always will they/won't they, or on/off or they just can't get together for some reason.

But King put them together as a couple for real. That was new. Hush almost did it but still split them apart quickly. King intends to give them a happy ending now (and will probably marry them). That could shift the relationship as a whole for some time going forward, even with other writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    That's not going to happen.
    I guess that you'll won't be reading another King book ever again.
    Are you okay? You seem to but heads with me over every little thread. Sheesh. You sound like those fans who gets up in arms when other people have differing opinions. Like, no **** they're not gonna break Selina's back. It was a joke. I made a joke and you're taking it at face value, lol.

P.S: MJ and Spider-Man should open their relationship up to Felicia!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-12-2019 at 07:53 PM.

How anyone can look at this guy and think: " You know what he deserves? A happy ever after and little Helena Wayne!" is beyond me. I wouldn't trust him to take care of a goldfish, let alone a baby.
    No one can that's why I think it's not going to stay. As for little Helena Wayne I don't see her in the equation aside from this pair being the very last people you want to have anywhere near minors I can't see DC giving Batman a baby. Not when the batfamily is so bloated and the Company has such a thing about Bruce aging.

Another thing that annoys me, both about King and some fans, is the idea that Bruce would finally have a family again if he marries Selina. He already has a family. He had one for several decades now. They are literally called bat-family. You don't need a spouse to have a family.
    I will argue against this. It's the same way how you would look at and describe your relationship with your own family; parents, siblings, cousins, etc., differently than you would with your significant other. They both are very important in your life, but there may be times when your love for your S.O. may feel stronger or hurt harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I will argue against this. It's the same way how you would look at and describe your relationship with your own family; parents, siblings, cousins, etc., differently than you would with your significant other. They both are very important in your life, but there may be times when your love for your S.O. may feel stronger or hurt harder.
    As a parent who is married to a woman I'm still in love THERE IS NO TIME MY LOVE FOR MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER CAN COMPARE TO THE LOVE FOR MY KIDS. I don't have adopted kids so i can't vouch to the emotion you feel when you've got this whole other person that you helped make. This whole other person that you can see not just yourself in but mannerisms and reflections of your siblings and parents in.

It's the most amazing love that nothing compares to. There is nothing that comes close to it. I love my wife. She is the woman I have loved the most ever in my life and that love is special but not special like the love i have for my kids. The love I have for my wife is different yes. It's a love that I've felt before many times before but with my kids it can't be compared.

Nor can I compare the feeling I feel when my kids are hurt, sad or just even just feeling mild discomfort. I could barely sleep two nights a go when I found my son's teacher had been keeping him during break time to do his homework. It turned out that it was no big deal and he didn't really mind but for me i imagined the worst and couldn't sleep because it was eating up that he must be so sad and that pained me that much. Something so trivial worried me that much. What you are suggesting just won't happen. There has never been and I can't see there ever being a time or situation where my love for my SO becomes stronger than that for my kids. Particularly when my kids is in danger are you for real?

I don't know if you are married with kids but the fact that you typed that I'm willing to bet that you are not.
    Last edited by Fergus; 09-12-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Well, yeah, but just the idea that they're an actual couple now is new. If that becomes more or less the status quo that's a fairly significant change, because even though they've always been romantically attached (she's by far the most popular love interest in Batman's history), it was more like the conflict was they could never really be together. It was always a tease. And it was always will they/won't they, or on/off or they just can't get together for some reason.

But King put them together as a couple for real. That was new. Hush almost did it but still split them apart quickly. King intends to give them a happy ending now (and will probably marry them). That could shift the relationship as a whole for some time going forward, even with other writers.
    I actually love them as a couple, I would love it if they get married and they are ongoing partners. Batman could use a big change and I think this might be a fresh new direction to take him. I know some people hate King, but I loved this issue, but then I am a romantic and seeing Selena and Bruce finally accepting their love was so up my ally!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I actually love them as a couple, I would love it if they get married and they are ongoing partners. Batman could use a big change and I think this might be a fresh new direction to take him. I know some people hate King, but I loved this issue, but then I am a romantic and seeing Selena and Bruce finally accepting their love was so up my ally!
    Fans keep saying how this could change Batman. We've seen them living together in love for over a year can you guys tell me how that changed Batman? Those issues what was so great aside from Batman becoming even more the bat, being less decisive and becoming more isolated [oh I forgot he went on the one date]
    I'm particularly curious to hear your thoughts @lilyrose

Mighty Member

I agree with all of this
    I just wish that they'd call each other by their real names
    well..Selina did that twice in the last issue, but Bruce didn't do it at all

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That was my logic when #50 was coming up, and it was a big reason I was so disappointed with that issue. Now that I see the longer plot, 50 is still frustrating, but I'm more accepting of it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    You are 100% correct that marriage won't mean Batman "has a family now" where he didn't before. It is a different thing, though, to have a spouse, than to have children as a single sort-of dad.
    Which is why I phrased it the way I did. You kinda missed the point of my post.