Page 375 of 376 FirstFirst ... 275325365371372373374375376 LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5630
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Neither did I suggest it. There's Facebook, twitter, e-mails to DC and whatever. A handful of well written criticism to any wrong-headed direction. And considering that this isn't the first (or second)time they try to go in this direction with Wally, a loud and clear "yeah, we still don't want this" is, IMHO, the way to go.

Didio can be quite pushing with some of his bad ideas.
    It doesn't matter how well-written a criticism it might be or what form it takes. If the direction a person is criticizing is one that isn't happening anyway, then the criticism will just be taken as ridiculous. The only effect it might have is that it would show the 4chan user making up these ridiculous rumors is that they should keep making them, as people are paying attention and reacting to them. It plays into the faker's goal, encouraging them, and will only serve to create an environment of paranoia and fear-mongering.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Here's something mildly interesting: There's currently two Wally Wests and two Bartholomew Allens existing at one time.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It doesn't matter how well-written a criticism it might be or what form it takes. If the direction a person is criticizing is one that isn't happening anyway, then the criticism will just be taken as ridiculous.
    Do you know, for a fact, that it isn't happening? If no, than better safe than sorry.

The only effect it might have is that it would show the 4chan user making up these ridiculous rumors is that they should keep making them, as people are paying attention and reacting to them. It plays into the faker's goal, encouraging them, and will only serve to create an environment of paranoia and fear-mongering.
    I really don't care even remotely about what people in 4chan laugh about or don't. Like, at all. And no one should.

So, it goes like this:

Wally - I care.
    4chan - I don't care.

I'll talk about Wally, and react to news concerning him. The behavior of the people in 4chan is only relevant to their mothers.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Here's something mildly interesting: There's currently two Wally Wests and two Bartholomew Allens existing at one time.
    Now we've got Barry and Wallace and Wally and Bart .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

So I'm reading The New Teen Titans run and I had no idea Wally was a Conservative. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    So I'm reading The New Teen Titans run and I had no idea Wally was a Conservative. Interesting.

Makes sense. It's usually a given that Barry the police scientist with the crew cut and bow tie would be one of the more conservative heroes, especially compared to the more liberal Green Arrow and... wherever Hal falls at any given time.

Since Wally idolized Barry as a kid... I could easily see him being influenced that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    This is one of the things retconned by Crisis. WML had him abandon his views with Pied Piper’s influence and Waid flat out stated he had no political leanings.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    This is one of the things retconned by Crisis. WML had him abandon his views with Pied Piper’s influence and Waid flat out stated he had no political leanings.
    Johns later had him state he was a conservative, though.

Never followed up on it, never had him act conservative, but the line was there.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Never followed up on it, never had him act conservative, but the line was there.
    Pretty sure he didn’t. Post the panel, please.

Wally is from the midwest either Missouri or Kansas depending on where Keystone is. So it makes sense for him to be conservative, I'm not really for/against politics in my comic characters because they don't generally have a long lasting impact. There are exceptions here and there like the Question and Ollie.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Wally is from the midwest either Missouri or Kansas depending on where Keystone is.
    I believe he was born and raised in Blue Valley (thought to be somewhere in Nebraska) back in the old days.

BANNED

Well, as far as Wally being an upbeat character, which he always was, and the great development with Linda Parks etc.... they evidently ripped that all up with this last Flash issue. It really upsets me. I don't know why they keep making the Flash a basket case soap opera.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Well, as far as Wally being an upbeat character, which he always was, and the great development with Linda Parks etc.... they evidently ripped that all up with this last Flash issue. It really upsets me. I don't know why they keep making the Flash a basket case soap opera.
    Dan DiDio?
    Editors?
    Writers?
    Geoff Johns throwing everything off with the slow, delayed Doomsday Cluck putting other storylines in other books on hold?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dan DiDio?
    Editors?
    Writers?
    Geoff Johns throwing everything off with the slow, delayed Doomsday Cluck putting other storylines in other books on hold?
    How about starting with Carmen Infantano's Trial of the Flash ... the great thing about Wally was he was washed from that whole zoo and allowed to have a nornal Super Hero run without all the personal tragedy. Ripping apart a characters person is not the only way to right great stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Dan DiDio?
    Editors?
    Writers?
    How about starting with Carmen Infantano's Trial of the Flash ... the great thing about Wally was he was washed from that whole zoo and allowed to have a nornal Super Hero run without all the personal tragedy. Ripping apart a characters person is not the only way to right great stories.

~~DARKSIED IS