Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    I'm actually hoping Emma knew to stay 2 steps ahead of Shaw , I doubt she actually trusts her brother but she loves him but will still use him as a pawn. I actually think Emma set up this all up minus Kate's mishaps to flush out Shaw and possibly replace him with Shinobi. I am also intrigued as to why Cordelia Frost is still missing giving her active position in the Hellfire Club and being Emma's little sister. The ending and given his connection to Emma as well this would be the perfect moment for Namor to reappear with his mutant brethren.

I'm still super curious to The Knights of The Hellfire Trading Company , we possibly know White is Callisto but I wanna know who Black and Red will be My first guesses would be Lady Mastermind or Cordelia Frost respectfully for Black Knight and Iceman/Namor or maybe Hellion for Red Knight.
    how was Cordelia part of the Hellfire Club? she has no resources. that's why Shinobi rejected her play for membership. i would more believe Exodus or Gorgon as Knight.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She still has the exclusive on distribution. That's power. She must have put some clauses in her contract to gain advantage of it. Plus Erik and Charles want her to be in charge and "have a tight leash" on her side of the council. They don't want Shaw to be in charge and I doubt Charles would take Kitty being killed lightly.
    Is that even a valid contract? Exclusive means nothing if can't be enforced and if Charles and Erik decide to revoke the agreement there is nothing Emma can't do about it. Unless you think she will take them to court.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Is that even a valid contract? Exclusive means nothing if can't be enforced and if Charles and Erik decide to revoke the agreement there is nothing Emma can't do about it. Unless you think she will take them to court.
    Why wouldn't she take them to court and why wouldn't she have them sign a valid contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    how was Cordelia part of the Hellfire Club? she has no resources. that's why Shinobi rejected her play for membership. i would more believe Exodus or Gorgon as Knight.
    She was name dropped as being part of the Hellfire Brats mess in Aaron's run.

Mighty Member

Why wouldn't she take them to court and why wouldn't she have them sign a valid contract?
    Well Krakoa has no courts unless you consider the Quiet Council a defacto court or something. And I highly doubt the council members would care about Emma's exclusive shipping rights. So that leaves human courts and mutants no longer answer to human institutions. So what recourse does Emma really have? Xavier and Magneto are happy to let her handle drug transportation because they along with Moira have more important things to concern themselves with. However if she tries to make a power play using her position as leverage then they will have no problem removing her from said position. Krakoa is stable at the moment, I doubt Emma wants to start rocking the boat.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Of course, now might be the time for Christian’s submarine to rise up beneath her, lifting Kate and the boat out of the water. And showing that Christian is actually on Emma’s side...

Well Krakoa has no courts unless you consider the Quiet Council a defacto court or something. And I highly doubt the council members would care about Emma's exclusive shipping rights. So that leaves human courts and mutants no longer answer to human institutions. So what recourse does Emma really have? Xavier and Magneto are happy to let her handle drug transportation because they along with Moira have more important things to concern themselves with. However if she tries to make a power play using her position as leverage then they will have no problem removing her from said position. Krakoa is stable at the moment, I doubt Emma wants to start rocking the boat.
    So why would they even make a deal with her for her seats if it was just words? They even conceded her one extra seat on the table, that's literally proof of her political power.

And Charles and Erik would give two shits about Shaw if Emma provided a valid substitute to deal with the black markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Of course, now might be the time for Christian’s submarine to rise up beneath her, lifting Kate and the boat out of the water. And showing that Christian is actually on Emma’s side...
    That would be cool!

What if, at the end of this, Kate takes Shaw black markets role?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What? You quoted the direct lines where Sebastian tells Christian that the council won't be able to resurrect Kate and you're telling me that Christian didn't know that meant she was gonna get killed? Christian KNEW his acting would result in Sebastian somehow killing her. Not sure why his fans are totally ignoring that. He knew.

And I love him for it. Hope Kate stays dead for a few issues to let others shine at least.
    Ok, I'll bite. What did Christian do?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes. This.
    Shaw is trying to tear down everything Emma has. And that will include Christian's reputation and/or good standing with other X-folk by implicating him.
    Finally some support on this hot topic. haha.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. What did Christian do?

Finally some support on this hot topic. haha.
    Yeah I was giving it a re-read and... How did Christian exactly betray them? It's not clear at all (yet).

Btw, I was rereading it now and can we talk about Pyro in the lingerie room holding a piece up hahaha gosh

Which Court? is Krakoa part of the WTO or something? The only Krakoan Courts we know of is the Quiet Council..
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Btw, I was rereading it now and can we talk about Pyro in the lingerie room holding a piece up hahaha gosh
    I love this book, but that whole page bugged me. I would think Yellowjacket would be above juvenile humor. I don't put it past Pyro, but seems to me YJ would just report the necessary details and keep the commentary to a minimum. Esp the whole "these guys are pretty rad" thing at the end. *rolls eyes*

Yeah I was giving it a re-read and... How did Christian exactly betray them? It's not clear at all (yet).

I agree.. Christian was manipulated by Sebastian.. now we will see soon if it really worked or not...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I've seen plenty of stories where bad guys win in the end. Or at the very least, even if they lost the wars, they won plenty of battles. Compared to the stale stories where the bad guys are outclassed from start to finished, making them look like pu**ies.

The threat of villains winning is what makes stories engaging, imo. That's what runs emotions high. But one-sided stories where damn near all the enemies are fodder, we may as well not even have them. lol
    I don't read comics to see villains winning, but villains have to put a good fight to be entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I love this book, but that whole page bugged me. I would think Yellowjacket would be above juvenile humor. I don't put it past Pyro, but seems to me YJ would just report the necessary details and keep the commentary to a minimum. Esp the whole "these guys are pretty rad" thing at the end. *rolls eyes*
    When you're alone inside someone's nervous system you might get chatty.

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

I skipped over the last Uncanny run, just read the reviews but wasn't Emma Black King during Shinobi's death? So was Sebastian really lying when he said Emma was involved with his death?