Page 43 of 313 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post

Looks like Damian's story in the Robin 80th anniversary issue will be drawn by Jorge Jiménez and will involve the (real) super sons! I'm excited!
    That's cool but I would have rather it just be Damian.

Supersons is a great concept but it has nothing to do with Robin. this should be about Damian. If they are going to have a guest then it should be someone meaning to Damian as Robin like Dick. jon has nothing to do with Damian as Robin.

Tomasi likes the supersons concept. I get it but he shouldn't be using this Robin Anniversary as an excuse to write his duo.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Before Adam Glass's Teen Titans started and Bendis aged Jon up, I did think a new TT lineup could've consisted of Jon, Damian, Maya, Kathy (aka Beacon, Jon's alien farmer girl ex-neighbour) and a couple of others (possibly Kid Flash and Red Arrow, who did get used in Glass's team). Had Tomasi been given that book, I believe that's the sort of lineup he'd have chosen. It does seem odd that in two lineups now, Damian didn't choose to invite Maya to join the team. She used to be his best friend, before Jon came along, didn't she?
    I would have liked Maya in the TT's

Is she a hero though. I got the impression she's like Nobody and Deathstroke isn't she? Working for the highest bidder but with a higher moral code

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Supersons is a great concept but it has nothing to do with Robin. this should be about Damian. If they are going to have a guest then it should be someone meaning to Damian as Robin like Dick. jon has nothing to do with Damian as Robin.

Tomasi likes the supersons concept. I get it but he shouldn't be using this Robin Anniversary as an excuse to write his duo.
    Adam Glass is also on this so maybe that’s the Damian solo story.

Incredible Member

I don't see how having Jon in there would hinder the story from being about Damian and Robin.
    Robin for Damian is about redemption and developement. I think his friendship with Jon shows that very well.

Edit: Or if we want to go with Batman and Robin Eternal (?, too tired to look it up): Bruce told him Robin is about suffering. He seems to suffer enough in that panel
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-26-2020 at 02:01 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Ohh no..

More Supersons..

Why can´t MAYA return? Damian, Maya and Goliath were THE BEST DAMIAN ERA.
    I don't think Tomasi would want to steal a story from Gleason that way. But I also would have loved to see that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Before Adam Glass's Teen Titans started and Bendis aged Jon up, I did think a new TT lineup could've consisted of Jon, Damian, Maya, Kathy (aka Beacon, Jon's alien farmer girl ex-neighbour) and a couple of others (possibly Kid Flash and Red Arrow, who did get used in Glass's team). Had Tomasi been given that book, I believe that's the sort of lineup he'd have chosen. It does seem odd that in two lineups now, Damian didn't choose to invite Maya to join the team. She used to be his best friend, before Jon came along, didn't she?
    A sister-like figure, really.

But I would have loved that line-up, and really hoped it would happen. And while the current TT run has its moments to be sure, I feel that line-up (Jon, Maya, Kathy, Emiko, and Wallace) is more in line with how Teen Titans ought to be then a group of "edgy, we don't play by our parent's rules" teens, so to speak.

And the Bizarro Boyz arc in Superman (which included Maya and Kathy) gave a little taste of what it could have been like too.

Incredible Member

"edgy, we don't play by our parent's rules" Teen Titans don't work as a premise for a book for me, because we all know they are doomed to fail. The Justice League is the leading superhero group in modern DC and under Didio that means that every other hero-team like the Titans or Teen Titans have to play by their rules or they're wrong.
    Bruce and co aren't going to overthink their methods, groups that don't follow their rules get punished and in the end everyone realizes that the Justice League was right. The end.

I don't want to read this.

Extraordinary Member

Robin makes up 1/2 of the supersons. It’s a duo that original to him in the mantle. I could say agent 37 of spiral
    Has nothing to do with Robin either

I don't see how having Jon in there would hinder the story from being about Damian and Robin.
    Robin for Damian is about redemption and developement. I think his friendship with Jon shows that very well.

Edit: Or if we want to go with Batman and Robin Eternal (?, too tired to look it up): Bruce told him Robin is about suffering. He seems to suffer enough in that panel
    Yes Damian throwing Jon off a building or Damian the animal lover ignoring a cast in need to go yell at a Jay-walker is about Damian's redemption. [in that nstory jon is the one who runs to go save the cat]

Supersons did too much using Damian to push Jon but aside from that why does a Damian Robin story have to have Jon tagging along?

Damian was Robin and a solo for 10 years before Jon. I would rather a stroy that was just about Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Robin makes up 1/2 of the supersons. It’s a duo that original to him in the mantle. I could say agent 37 of spiral
    Has nothing to do with Robin either
    No you couldn't because Agent 37 has nothing to dfo with Robin but DickBat does and Dick was the one that made Damian Robin.

But I guess you are correct Dick and Jon are totally the same in the story of Damian as Robin Jon will be a great . He is an important person in Damian's life.

Robin is part of the Supersons so yeah no reason why this celebration of Robin can't include the other half just like Batman 80yr anniversary had the Justice league and the worlds finest

So Damian doesn't have a solo Robin Cover.
    His story is going to be about the Supersons or a Robin story with Jon
    Last Robin celebration Damian was the one Robin that was left out only arriving around Issue 30 something of Batman and Robin Eternal
    Damian doesn't get any time as Robin next to Batman replaced by Duke and a Starfish and is about to lose the Robin mantle anyway.

Jeez .

Damian has the worst luck but maybe DC is trying to say something to us. And in all this He is supposed to be the official Robin.

I don't think DC likes Damian as Robin. WB does but I think DC just like after Morrison still just wants him dead and gone.
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-27-2020 at 02:12 AM.

No you couldn't because Agent 37 has nothing to dfo with Robin but DickBat does and Dick was the one that made Damian Robin.

But I guess you are correct Dick and Jon are totally the same in the story of Damian as Robin Jon will be a great . He is an important person in Damian's life.

Robin is part of the Supersons so yeah no reason why this celebration of Robin can't include the other half just like Batman 80yr anniversary had the Justice league and the worlds finest
    If only Jon was around Damian would not be doing what he was doing in TT and because he left and went to the future Damian became Hitler.

What were you saying about Damian having ownership of his own redemption?

Incredible Member

Geeze, and I thought I was hard to please. I'm just happy we'll get a story that will depict Damian as a good friend and hero judging by this panel we got and not just as an arrogant prick, like the solicitation suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Adam Glass is also on this so maybe that’s the Damian solo story.
    If they let Glass do Damian's story then that's all the confirmation I need that DC is still upset that WB forced them to bring back Damian. The guy had Damian become a suicide bomber

Geeze, and I thought I was hard to please. I'm just happy we'll get a story that will depict Damian as a good friend and hero judging by this panel we got and not just as an arrogant prick, like the solicitation suggested.
    Damian wasn't a good friend in Supersons though. Streets of Gotham he was a good friend

Tomasi made a choice. He could have written Damian solo or even if he wanted to write a story about Damian being a good friend he doesn't need Jon for that.

The boys are in their hero uniforms so this is likely a Supersons story not a Robin story.

This story has 2 heroes not one.
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-27-2020 at 02:24 AM.