View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 651 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1515516016416476486496506516526536546556617017511151 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,765 of 21671
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Huh.. is the solicit correct? It's exactly the same content as the absolute Batman & Robin?
    Oh, I just did a quick check of the release date and not the rest. Now I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For anybody who wants to see a close look at Absolute Preacher Vol.1 in 4k. I'm branching out to video.

I spotted a CAAAAAAT!!! Is that a Birman?

Great vid too, I'll keep my amazon.de pre-order now and will sell my hardcovers.

Does anyone have a review of the Superman omnibus vol 2?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I spotted a CAAAAAAT!!! Is that a Birman?

Great vid too, I'll keep my amazon.de pre-order now and will sell my hardcovers.
    I'm really on the fence about doing this. I want to, as the Absolute versions are gorgeous, but i have my hardcovers signed by Ennis...

Just had an email from Amazon saying that the Brave and Bold omnibus has been put back to mid February... Can anyone confirm that it has been put back till then?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'm really on the fence about doing this. I want to, as the Absolute versions are gorgeous, but i have my hardcovers signed by Ennis...
    Oh man, that is a quandary.
    I sold my HCs in anticipation for the Absolutes, but they were not signed. I'd be on the fence, too.

The final cover for the first Greg Rucka WW paperback is out. Like the upcoming Perez paperbacks, they're using the modern logo instead of logo of the run being collected. Not that I mind, I just find the thinking behind these kinds of marketing decisions interesting.

Personally, I'm going to hold out for an Omnibus. Rucka's run is the right size for an Omni (roughly the size of the Gotham Central Omni), and even though the conclusion wasn't as satisfying as it could have been, due to Infinite Crisis tie ins, I always liked Rucka's take on the character.

WWGR.jpg

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Meh, I know it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but the logo really annoys me. The one they chose for the cover does not appear on a single issue contained within?! It just makes no sense to me...

The only reasoning I can come up with is that the idea comes from the same school of thought as constant renumbering; people are (presumably) too stupid to pick up issue #184 and understand the story, so they need a new #1 every year. Likewise, different logos will confuse these poor simpletons, so lets make sure the same one is used across the board.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

Meh, I know it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but the logo really annoys me. The one they chose for the cover does not appear on a single issue contained within?! It just makes no sense to me...

The only reasoning I can come up with is that the idea comes from the same school of thought as constant renumbering; people are (presumably) too stupid to pick up issue #184 and understand the story, so they need a new #1 every year. Likewise, different logos will confuse these poor simpletons, so lets make sure the same one is used across the board.
    I can't imagine any company not using a consistent logo across their product line; that's marketing 101.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

It's a little odd, because the recent Mike Deodato collection featured the era-appropriate logo. My guess is that there's some long-term marketing strategy going on in advance of the movie so that everything will have the same logo when the merchandise, etc, is released.

Either that, or DC's new collected editions editor really likes that logo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It's a little odd, because the recent Mike Deodato collection featured the era-appropriate logo. My guess is that there's some long-term marketing strategy going on in advance of the movie so that everything will have the same logo when the merchandise, etc, is released.

Either that, or DC's new collected editions editor really likes that logo
    That Logo is the one DC introduced in 2012, Deodatos Wonder Woman was from the Mid 90s when they used this "bullet" logo

dclogo08.jpg

DC have never put era appropriate logos on collections of old material.

Incredible Member

My copy of Green Arrow 75 arrived today and after a quick flick through theres a couple things to note.

1) You don't get the entirity of Green Arrow #101 you only get the 2 pages of the bomb exploding which is dissapointing.

2) I only just realised this but the image used on the cover of the collection is from an issue that not only isn't included in the collection but that entire period of Green Arrow history (during brightest day when he lived in a forest in the middle of Star City), isn't represented at all.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    That Logo is the one DC introduced in 2012, Deodatos Wonder Woman was from the Mid 90s when they used this "bullet" logo

dclogo08.jpg

DC have never put era appropriate logos on collections of old material.
    The title logo, not the publisher logo

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Does anyone have a review of the Superman omnibus vol 2?
    Vol. 2 is approximately 50 pages shorter than Vol. 1, and it does look thinner on the shelf. The 731 pages, now that Superman's career has really taken off, will only get you about 16 months worth of stories, which is just about half the time span of Vol. 1. The logo on the spine is still the previous version.

The format of the page numbers has changed to match the other omnibuses produced since Vol. 1. That is to say, unlike Vol. 1, you won't be reminded on every page that you're reading "Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus" and the actual page number is significantly smaller. I appreciate the reduction of these distractions. The actual paper is similar enough to Vol. 1 that I don't notice much of a difference.

You can judge the cover art for yourself, but in my mind it will be a sad day when DC runs out of covers Cooke produced.

As far as the stories go, you can buy the book because you like how it looks on the shelf (no shame there) or you can try investing yourself in some 75-year-old pop culture. If you choose the latter, might I suggest adding a swingin' jazz soundtrack and getting yourself in the mood with some old newsreel footage and maybe even a clip from a scary Hitler speech on YouTube. It was a different world.

_DSF2872.jpg

_DSF2869.jpg

_DSF2871.jpg

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakasko View Post
    Vol. 2 is approximately 50 pages shorter than Vol. 1, and it does look thinner on the shelf. The 731 pages, now that Superman's career has really taken off, will only get you about 16 months worth of stories, which is just about half the time span of Vol. 1. The logo on the spine is still the previous version.

The format of the page numbers has changed to match the other omnibuses produced since Vol. 1. That is to say, unlike Vol. 1, you won't be reminded on every page that you're reading "Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus" and the actual page number is significantly smaller. I appreciate the reduction of these distractions. The actual paper is similar enough to Vol. 1 that I don't notice much of a difference.

You can judge the cover art for yourself, but in my mind it will be a sad day when DC runs out of covers Cooke produced.

As far as the stories go, you can buy the book because you like how it looks on the shelf (no shame there) or you can try investing yourself in some 75-year-old pop culture. If you choose the latter, might I suggest adding a swingin' jazz soundtrack and getting yourself in the mood with some old newsreel footage and maybe even a clip from a scary Hitler speech on YouTube. It was a different world.

_DSF2872.jpg

_DSF2869.jpg

_DSF2871.jpg

Sounds like a good book and soundtrack!