Page 98 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1897

Not only a great video about this show, but a great video about Superman. I recommend to any fan of his.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

https://supermanandloistv.com/throug...-death-gallery

Looks like all of the Jo(h)ns will be in a scene together!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://supermanandloistv.com/throug...-death-gallery

Looks like all of the Jo(h)ns will be in a scene together!
    Is this when he finally finds out Clark Kent is Superman?

Dominic Torretto would have loved this episode, lol.
    - once again feels like a finale, in a good way. I kinda forgot about Leslie Larr, very interested to see how she fits in with Edge defeated.
    - I liked Diggle cameo, was kinda surprised that he spouted so much arrowverse continuity stuff after getting nothing up until now. Even got an Oliver namedrop (but still nothing about Kara). Good to hear Clark is considered "the best."
    -Steel was the highlight of the episode, good to see him firmly as a hero.
    -So I guess they went the early Smallville direction with Zod.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Likes and laughs from the episode…

-Steel, Steel, and more Steel. The scene where he gets transported to this Earth was way cool. When he had “the talk” with Lois (or more accurately, when she has the talk with him). The fight scene with Clark was friggin great. Including a direct shot to the head with the Hammer. What else can be said, guy was everywhere and great.
    -Lois. Not sure which scene I liked more; when she opened up to Irons about Clark or when she took over the comm link when Irons was fighting Supes. Badass.
    -Jon. Really digging how he’s the non-powered (at least for now) mentor to Jordan. Their relationship is really solid. And when he showed up to have his words with Irons.
    -Dorky Dad moment: “Let’s bring it all in.” Perfect conclusion.

Laughs
    -When Jordan was testing his super hearing and could hear all the way to Australia but couldn’t tell if the accent was there or New Zealand.
    -MIT (i.e. Metropolis Institute of Technology)

Did they imprison Edge in a Kryptonite or flickering Matrix jail at the end…
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 07-14-2021 at 06:39 PM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Another really great episode, but I did notice a Lil more CW /arrowverse words in the script used.

What did edge accomplish by exploding the eradicator?
    He clearly was ok with getting imprisoned, that should worry ppl.

Steel was amazing nuff said
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

-Wonder if the Metropolis Institute of Technology is the DCU equivalent of MIT?
    -Opening up with John Henry Irons is nice, it’s cool to see him checking in on this world’s equivalents of his family, reminds me of what Bloodsport is doing over in the Suicide Squad comic
    -Ah so that was Morgan and his dad implanting a Kryptonian consciousness inside of Kal at the end of last episode. Oh damn and it’s Zod to boot! I actually love that idea come to think of it. Glad to see the show is having Kal fight like hell against the possession so he’s not coming off as mentally weak or lacking in willpower.
    -Man Bitse is such a great actress, able to be tough and put on a brave face with the boys, but clearly emotionally devastated when she shows her fear with her dad
    -And the hits keep coming for poor Kyle. Still not sure if he’s going to die at the end of this season or not, feel like it could go either way. But his rep being destroyed after Edge’s scheme got outed has to hurt considering how everything he did was driven by his desire to help his hometown and his family. Could see him doing a heroic sacrifice to redeem himself in the eyes of the town
    -Of course Steel is still committed to killing Superman if need be, while he may appreciate that this world’s Supes isn’t like his, he’s also still going to do what he has to do if it’s Clark’s life or the world.
    -And Sam isn’t ruling that option out either (kind of scummy not to be honest about it with Lois at least)
    -Jon’s back playing support for Jordan’s emotional turmoil
    -Ayyy red solar weaponry! Reminds me of Superman Unchained
    -Lana isn’t escaping scapegoat status either, damn the Cushings are really getting dumped on. Doesn’t feel fair to me, everyone voted to let Edge do what he wanted
    -Great to see Lois being proactive and getting info on the Subjekt process from two people who went through it!
    -And here’s the Diggle cameo for people still wondering if this is in the Arrowverse or not lmao. I swear it’s like some people have no clue how shared universes work. Unless the story calls for the other characters to show up they simply won’t, simple as that. Laughing at Diggle going “wait you’re from another world”
    -Feel like Kyle is getting pushed to the edge, no clue if he’s going to go on a normal kind of revenge rampage or a Kryptonian powered one
    -Oh **** she told Irons the secret! Guess it’s pretty much the only way to shake his convictions but that’s gotta be hard for him, like if Clark went to one of the realities where Lois married Lex. Your wife married to the person you see as your greatest enemy is a hell of a pill to swallow
    -Damn even after all that Steel is still committed. Honestly I can’t blame him all that much, he’s clearly still traumatized and the events he’s seen aren’t so easy to shake off
    -I swear every time the Kents get a happy moment the Cushings gets dumped on, and every time the Cushings get a happy moment the Kents face the prospect that the world is about to literally end lol
    -Oh **** it’s just occurred to me, wasn’t Zod possessing people a plotline in Smallville? Hah that’s definitely something they kept in mind while doing this although I think Zod possessed Lex back in that
    -Oh hell yeah at Jon and John talking about the videos Jon saw from way back when! Glad to see Jon getting to tie up his own plot thread unconnected to Jordan or anyone else. “There’s always another way” damnit that got me a little. Jordan got the powers but Jon got the moral core for damn certain.
    -Finally get the main event, Steel vs. Superman!
    -Ok damn it I’m easy to please I know but I’m so happy to see Clark purge Zod’s consciousness from his mind through sheer will power and love of family. God they set up this Evil Superman plotline which I’m so sick of and then executed it perfectly where Clark manages to prove his doubters wrong and show that he’s as tough mentally as he is physically. Now we get the Superman/Steel team up!
    -Awww Clois kiss and Kent boys hug time!
    -This episode has the same feeling of a finale, everyones got a happy ending, I’m REALLY interested to see what the next three episodes will bring to shake things up and establish the stakes for the season finale. Leslie is still out there and Edge is hearing voices, given he destroyed the Eradicator machine has he sort of become the physical embodiment of the Eradicator I wonder? He has all the ghosts of Krypton in his head? Reminds me of the Rebirth Eradicator.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I didn't think we were actually going to get Zod, but then it turns out Edge and Emperor Palpatine were planning to implant Zod's consciousness onto Clark the whole time. I'm guessing this is what happened to the Superman of Steel's world as well.

John is looking into this Earth's version of his younger sister. Is she supposed to be Natasha Irons' mother and setting up John's niece?

Well, yeah, no surprise John immediately jumps onto the idea of killing Superman again. Although if the device negates his powers, couldn't they have just captured him trapped him in a Kryptonite cell like they ended up doing with Edge? Were they worried Edge would stop them?

Clark took a gamble that his son would be able to hear him yelling when he's still learning to master super-hearing, but it worked.

Man, it's getting rough for the Cushing's. I really did not expect to feel for Kyle or this family as much as I have. Like, yeah, trusting Edge was a bad idea but they had no way of knowing or what was going to happen. But at least the family is growing closer in-spite of that. And it was nice to see them remember Sophie exists.

All the people thinking this show was completely standalone and not at all tied to the Arrowverse...well, here's John Diggle. Not only that, they mention Lyla, Argus, and Dig even brings up Oliver. He did seem close to Lois considering I don't think they've shared a single scene prior to this but I assume that's just a Post-Crisis thing. Clark probably had more team-ups with Ollie Post-Crisis too. He even mentions his ring in the box problem. I kind of wish he'd stayed to the end, but he made enough of an impact in this episode and now it's off to National City...I do think it would be kind of funny if they save up mentioning Kara for the season finale .

I'm not sure if I did or didn't want anyone to point out the three Johns in the room.

I kept waiting for my John.exe has stopped working moment when Lois told him she was married to Superman and I was not disappointed .

Jon is probably the one who made the most impact on convincing John to turn around on killing Clark when he brought up how they're both great dads and that there's always another way, showing that Jon has Superman's heart despite not having his powers. That was a really good Jon scene.

John Henry finally completes his character arc into becoming the comic Steel by choosing to save Superman instead of kill him, and becoming buddies with him and his family. Now all we need is for him to actually get called Steel...

So what's going to happen to Edge's holodad? Did they go back to that Fortress and take custody of his crystal or destroy it?

I keep forgetting about Leslie Larr, which I guess is how she keeps escaping. Edge always has her in his backpocket.

Was Edge's plan to absorb all the Kryptonian consciousnesses still in the Eradicator? Is he going to become the physical humanoid Eradicator from the comics? Is he just waiting for his cape and super cool shades?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think this is the episode where this show's Jon Kent became Jon Kent and their John Henry Irons became Steel for me. Both the actors and the writers gave each of them moments where they fully embraced the essence of their comics counterparts. I'm glad being possessed by Zod was their explanation for Superman going evil, and I'm even happier that they showed that Superman was capable of fighting back against this possession without it feeling like a cop-out. I hope the Superman from John Henry Irons's Earth isn't forgotten and we get to see our Clark face off against him in an attempt to save his soul from Zod. Having Superman directly face the now tired Evil Superman trope head-on without resorting to killing him feels like the best way to address it.

I don't know how many episodes are left, but I'm really not seeing any of the problems that Nadira Tucker was complaining about. Perhaps they course corrected due to her issues, but, I'm beginning to suspect she wasn't asked back for season two because her complaints didn't really have much merit to begin with. I mean, now that we know who "The Stranger" really was, there weren't actually any episodes with African-Americans as villains. Granted, over the entirety of this season, I can count the number of black roles with lines on only one hand, but the show is largely set in Kansas, which has an overwhelmingly white population, and is filmed in Canada, which is is even whiter.

Originally Wole was going to play basically the E3 Alexander Luthor, but one of the writers suggested the idea of him actually being John Henry Irons and they ended up going with that. So I do think they took some of her critiques to heart.

Also stats!

https://twitter.com/welshdragonu/sta...801917447?s=21

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Originally Wole was going to play basically the E3 Alexander Luthor, but one of the writers suggested the idea of him actually being John Henry Irons and they ended up going with that. So I do think they took some of her critiques to heart.
    But, even if he remained Alexander Luthor of Earth-3, he still wouldn't be a villain because his backstory would still be the same. This character was never a bad guy. Making him Steel instead of a good Luthor certainly underlines that more clearly for casual viewers, but Tucker's complaints that she was constantly fighting so that the show's only African-American characters weren't villains don't really make any sense...unless they were going to have this Luthor be evil as well, which is entirely possible.

Now, Wole was absolutely the antagonist in the first half of the season, but that's a very different thing from being a villain. Did Tucker not know that "The Stranger" was going to end up being a hero? Like I said, we may never know exactly what went on behind the scenes, but it sure seems like the things she was complaining about don't hold much water now that we've seen the majority of the season. Her complaints about the lack of African-American characters certainly seemed understandable at first glace, but her complete dismissal of the showrunner's explanation that Canada doesn't have many POC actors is pretty ignorant given that he's absolutely correct. Canada is nearly 90% white and the talent pool for POC actors who aren't already employed by the abundance of film and TV productions running would make casting black actors a logistical nightmare. I'm frankly surprised that Tucker couldn't have done the 5 second Google search that it would require to confirm this before complaining about it publicly.

All this is making me a little more skeptical of Tucker's credibility as it sounds like her contract wasn't renewed for fairly understandable reasons. There may be more to it than we're privy to, but that's certainly how it seems to me right now.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So who else thinks the Superman of Steel's Earth is still alive and we will see him sooner rather than later? I could see that being the season finale.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    But, even if he remained Alexander Luthor of Earth-3, he still wouldn't be a villain because his backstory would still be the same. This character was never a bad guy. Making him Steel instead of a good Luthor certainly underlines that more clearly for casual viewers, but Tucker's complaints that she was constantly fighting so that the show's only African-American characters weren't villains don't really make any sense...unless they were going to have this Luthor be evil as well, which is entirely possible.

Now, Wole was absolutely the antagonist in the first half of the season, but that's a very different thing from being a villain. Did Tucker not know that "The Stranger" was going to end up being a hero? Like I said, we may never know exactly what went on behind the scenes, but it sure seems like the things she was complaining about don't hold much water now that we've seen the majority of the season. Her complaints about the lack of African-American characters certainly seemed understandable at first glace, but her complete dismissal of the showrunner's explanation that Canada doesn't have many POC actors is pretty ignorant given that he's absolutely correct. Canada is nearly 90% white and the talent pool for POC actors who aren't already employed by the abundance of film and TV productions running would make casting black actors a logistical nightmare. I'm frankly surprised that Tucker couldn't have done the 5 second Google search that it would require to confirm this before complaining about it publicly.

All this is making me a little more skeptical of Tucker's credibility as it sounds like her contract wasn't renewed for fairly understandable reasons. There may be more to it than we're privy to, but that's certainly how it seems to me right now.
    She also wanted to have one or both of Clark's earth parents race bent, which wouldn't have been that big of a deal,but seeing as both are dead by 20 minutes into the first episode, it honestly wouldn't have mattered anyway aside from checking a box off.

As you said,we don't know the behind the scenes fully,but the picture that seems to form regarding Tucker makes it somewhat understandable why she wasn't asked to return for season 2.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

When Irons talked about giving the Kents their family time -- "family time is sacred" -- I was half expecting Clark at that point to welcome him to their family.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So who else thinks the Superman of Steel's Earth is still alive and we will see him sooner rather than later? I could see that being the season finale.
    I think it was very deliberate that we didn't get to see what actually happened to that Superman after he bailed from John Henry's ship when the Crisis wave hit.

Especially since, if it's like on Earth-Prime, that Superman is actually Zod in Superman's body.