Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Okay, so anyone who was a fan of Ewing's Guardians and the massive roster...too bad, because we're going to just blow it all up, turn somebody into a traitor, and scale it back to a Space Western.

Was Groot the traitor? Is that what Grootfall refers to? Is that why Rocket isn't in there?

But it is basically the current movie roster + Gamora. Mantis has her human skin back which is either a plot point or just so she has skin that better matches her MCU counterpart. Also she's ditching pants and the skirt.

I like Kelley and Lanzing so I'll at least give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait we're going back to a strictly movie line-up again?

Well thats fucking disappointing
    Tell me about it. I was way more interested in the line-up with Moondragon, Phyla, Hercules and Noh-Varr.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Okay, so anyone who was a fan of Ewing's Guardians and the massive roster...too bad, because we're going to just blow it all up, turn somebody into a traitor, and scale it back to a Space Western.

Was Groot the traitor? Is that what Grootfall refers to? Is that why Rocket isn't in there?

But it is basically the current movie roster + Gamora. Mantis has her human skin back which is either a plot point or just so she has skin that better matches her MCU counterpart. Also she's ditching pants and the skirt.

Mantis really doesn't match her MCU version at all. She doesn't dress like that, and her hair doesn't have a fringe. Despite the different skin colour, the previous design was closer to the MCU one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iirc Mantis got her human skin tone again in the the asian marvel voices one shot last year.

How long will this series last despite GOTG having a decent following? 12 issues again?

No Nova? No Moondragon and Phyla?

I was disappointed to not see the other characters, especially Moondragon.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait we're going back to a strictly movie line-up again?

Well thats fucking disappointing
    The lack of Nova and other non-movie cosmic characters is definitely a bit disappointing.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its incredible with the large vast of characters that compromise the Guardians roster, they keep only using the ones that strictly only appeared in the movies

Its fucking sterile man, so boring as Hell

Its a shame cause the concept is interesting but the roster is just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    iirc Mantis got her human skin tone again in the the asian marvel voices one shot last year.
    Is that to play up the diversity angle of her as an Asian woman compared to her more alien green design?

It just feels unnecessary to me.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I like the creative team but the diminished roster is disappointing. Missing Nova but at least he's in X-Men Red under Ewing. We'll see how this plays out though because other members could show up.

Also, Star-Lord's look is so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    I like the creative team but the diminished roster is disappointing. Missing Nova but at least he's in X-Men Red under Ewing. We'll see how this plays out though because other members could show up.

Also, Star-Lord's look is so cool!
    If I know Ewing, he'll just try and carry on with his cosmic stuff as much as he possibly can under continuity constraints .

If I know Ewing, he'll just try and carry on with his cosmic stuff as much as he possibly can under continuity constraints .
    Don't get me wrong, it's great that we get to see Nova on X-Men Red, but it's not his book and I don't think we'll see him do anything too fantastic over there when there are so many mutants that need the limelight. He's only supporting cast over there remember.

And I love that Ewing is such a big Nova fan! Maybe he can write a solo for him in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was disappointed to not see the other characters, especially Moondragon.
    Yes! Especially after all the development Ewing put into Moondragon. She's one of the top telepaths in the universe after the merge with 616 Heather. I really wanted to see what else she can do

It would be nice for Jean to have a cosmic rival!
    Last edited by kevlon; 01-07-2023 at 02:53 PM.

Giving it a chance for sure--the designs won me over. Really hoping this look sticks for Mantis: t's a lovely mix of Bachalo and Anime, and distinctly Asian without being overdone.

Space western? Sure, why not. Kev Walker should draw the heck out of it.

The roster will grow, but I'm pretty pleased we've more than one woman in the initial five.

Hope it's worth the Hype!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    How long will this series last despite GOTG having a decent following? 12 issues again?

No Nova? No Moondragon and Phyla?
    The last one lasted 18 issues. The one before that was only 12 though. It'll be somewhere in that range I suspect.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman