Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Rank these characters!

I've been making a few of these over the past few days, and I've still got plenty of ideas. However since I've made so many already, I've decided to make this the final one, and simply add more characters to this one over time, until I run out of idea (Or a mod tells me to stop)

Since this is going to be the last one, I'm going to put a lot of characters into this one. However, as always I only expect y'all to work with the characters that you know. I'll be breaking the characters into groups of ten, each group with it's own theme. That's so you can take things a few at a time, if you so desire.

Here are the categories for this ranking thread. As always, the point is to rank the characters from best to worst in each category. Also, don't get too fixated on the top of the list. Sometimes interesting discussions can be found in the Mid tiers. And, since you're encouraged to take things at your own pace, feel free to take things one category at a time.

1. Strength
    2. Speed
    3. Durability
    4. Stamina
    5. Intelligence
    6. Skill
    7. Firepower
    8. Versatility
    9. Charisma
    10. Hax

Some notes on the definition of categories

- Strength refers to physical strength, not over all power level.

- Stamina refers to the ability to keep fighting, so it includes things like Regen and Damage Soak. Durability refers to the ability to withstand attacks without being hurt.

- Firepower is how big the destruction someone can make in a single shot

- Hax here is defined as ability's that make other stats irrelevant. For example, a soul steal makes physical durability irreverent, intangibility makes physical attacking power irrelevant, and so on.

Now, the characters

EDIT:
    In the interest of reducing dificulty, the amount of characters has been reduced to thirty for the time being, these are the thirty.

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. The Flash
    5. Captain America
    6. Iron Man
    7. Thor Odinson
    8. The Hulk
    9. Invincible
    10. Scrooge McDuck (composite)
    11. Son Goku
    12. Naruto Uzumaki
    13. Monkey D. Luffy
    14. Ichigo Kurosaki
    15. Astro Boy
    16. Conan the Barbarian (composite)
    17. Samurai Jack
    18. Godzilla (composite)
    19. Gamera (composite)
    20. T-800 (composite)
    21. Jason Voorhees
    22. Ultraman
    23. Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie)
    24. Mario
    25. Kratos
    26. Pikachu (composite)
    27. Popeye the Sailor Man
    28. Po the Panda
    29. Shrek
    30. Stitch

Here is the current strength ranking. Order subject to change based on feedback

1. The Hulk
    2. Thor
    3. Superman
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. Goku
    6. Invincible
    7. Godzilla
    8. Gamera
    9. Ultraman
    10. Naruto Uzumaki
    11. Popeye the Sailor Man
    12. Monkey D. Luffy
    13. Astro Boy
    14. The Thing
    15. Sonic the Hedgehog
    16. Kratos
    17. Iron Man
    18. Mario
    19. Samurai Jack
    20. Pikachu
    21. Po the Panda
    22. Stitch
    23. Scrooge McDuck
    24. The Terminator
    25. Captain America
    26. Shrek
    27. Conan the Barbarian
    28. Wally West
    29. Batman
    30. Jason Voorhees
    Last edited by Jcogginsa; 11-09-2020 at 02:19 PM.

So, just to be clear, if someone knows all of these characters, you want all 100 ranked in each of 10 categories...? Is that right?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So, just to be clear, if someone knows all of these characters, you want all 100 ranked in each of 10 categories...? Is that right?
    If they feel like doing that, yeah. If that's too much for them to bother with, they're free to just do whichever they want. I understand that it's a lot, so I don't expect anyone to do everything.

Extraordinary Member

So, to try and get things going, some basic questions

1. Are there any characters here who have greater strength feats than the Hulk? In normal Rumbles, Superman's other feats usually give him the victory over Hulk, but how does he measure up in a contest of pure strength?
    2. Along similar lines, how does Wally West stack up speed wise? Can anyone here match him?
    3. We've got several mad scientists present. Dr. Doom, Rick Sanchez, Gru, Megamind, which on of them is the smartest? where does the Doctor rank there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, to try and get things going, some basic questions

1. Are there any characters here who have greater strength feats than the Hulk? In normal Rumbles, Superman's other feats usually give him the victory over Hulk, but how does he measure up in a contest of pure strength?
    2. Along similar lines, how does Wally West stack up speed wise? Can anyone here match him?
    3. We've got several mad scientists present. Dr. Doom, Rick Sanchez, Gru, Megamind, which on of them is the smartest? where does the Doctor rank there?
    Gru made an actual shrink ray (temporary though) and Megamind made a below average doofus into a super powered jerk (because he missed the old song and dance he had going on before that).

Strength wise... Maybe Sun Wukong, Goku, Superman, and Kratos?
    Speed, probably Wally. Though some others have pretty good feats too (Sailor Moon, Goku, and the Power Puff Girls).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Gru made an actual shrink ray (temporary though) and Megamind made a below average doofus into a super powered jerk (because he missed the old song and dance he had going on before that).

Strength wise... Maybe Sun Wukong, Goku, Superman, and Kratos?
    Speed, probably Wally. Though some others have pretty good feats too (Sailor Moon, Goku, and the Power Puff Girls).
    Kratos has better strength feats than the Hulk?

Well, he has battled and killed multiple gods, including Hercules. And those beings are shown to be incredibly strong.

But as I said, "maybe". Someone more familiar with Kratos could fill in better.

He does not as it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He does not as it happens.
    Nor, for that matter, is he stronger than Thor, Thanos, Wonder Woman, Darkseid, Ultraman Belial (I don’t think - I really don’t know much about Ultraman stuff), Popeye or Godzilla. And Asterix is kinda fuzzy to place but can be way up there.

Basically, Kratos is not near the top tier of this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Nor, for that matter, is he stronger than Thor, Thanos, Wonder Woman, Darkseid, Ultraman Belial (I don’t think - I really don’t know much about Ultraman stuff), Popeye or Godzilla. And Asterix is kinda fuzzy to place but can be way up there.

Basically, Kratos is not near the top tier of this list.
    Based on what I recall from the top tier feats of Asterix as a series, Kratos should be comfortably stronger than Asterix himself.

Also, Luffy is significantly stronger Kratos as is Invincible.

Extraordinary Member

Based on what I recall from the top tier feats of Asterix as a series, Kratos should be comfortably stronger than Asterix himself.

Also, Luffy is significantly stronger Kratos as is Invincible.
    So, Does the Hulk really top the Strength category, or are people like Superman and Goku genuinely stronger?

So, Does the Hulk really top the Strength category, or are people like Superman and Goku genuinely stronger?
    At this point? I think its fair to call it about even between the three. Supes being Supes, and in Dragon Ball Super, Goku got some scary strong upgrades.

Hulk can probably become stronger but Base Superman and Base Goku as of Super should be comfortably stronger than where he starts out.

Extraordinary Member

Hulk can probably become stronger but Base Superman and Base Goku as of Super should be comfortably stronger than where he starts out.
    And if we take Hulk at the strongest point that we've seen him get due to his rage??