Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "The Boss" Conquers "Batman v Superman" at Weekend Box Office

Melissa McCarthy showed "Batman v Superman" who's boss, dethroning the film after its two-week stint at #1.

Full article here.

BANNED

LOL. There, I said to myself I would laugh if The Boss beat BvS this weekend, and it did. And with Disney's The Jungle Book opening next weekend, the fat lady is warming up to start singing for BvS.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Melissa McCarthy showed "Batman v Superman" who's boss, dethroning the film after its two-week stint at #1.

Full article here.
    Pretty freaking pathetic.

That's really close on the estimates to be calling it like that. $23.48m vs. $23.44m. $40k dollars? Yeah, not something I'd confidently declare, even with the other estimates that have The Boss closer to $24m.. Actuals could show BvS ahead. Or The Boss could come out even more dominant. That being said, I'm not a box office analyst, so I guess I'll just go with CBR and Deadline.

Astonishing Member

Hey lets not mention Batman V superman passed deadpool, is at 784 million worldwide or only had a 50 percent drop. Lets talk about how comedy starting a big box office star barely passed it in the third week. Sigh.

Spectacular Member

Being dethroned by 'Tammy'...
    Au! That's gotta hurt

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Hey lets not mention Batman V superman passed deadpool, is at 784 million worldwide or only had a 50 percent drop. Lets talk about how comedy starting a big box office star barely passed it in the third week. Sigh.
    It had a 54% drop domestically.

EDIT: Internationally (non-US & Canda) it had a 60% drop weekend to weekend:
    http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v...ce-1201734780/
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 04-10-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I think conquered is a big exaggeration looking at the numbers. Maybe shoulda wrote barely scraped by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I think conquered is a big exaggeration looking at the numbers. Maybe shoulda wrote barely scraped by.
    Its looking at over 800 million in a day or two worldwide. It just cleaned up again in the international box office its over 500 million there. Yet this is what they want to write? The boss is a comedy, it stars the biggest female comic on the planet, and bvs is in its third weekend.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-10-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Is Melissa McCarthy considered a big box office star now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    It had a 54% drop domestically.

EDIT: Internationally (non-US & Canda) it had a 60% drop weekend to weekend:
    http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v...ce-1201734780/
    Ant thats not bad at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Is Melissa McCarthy considered a big box office star now?
    Ummmm Yea.

third week or not still very disappointing to see it get taken off number one by a generic Melissa McCarthy comedy

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Rocky beat the ten count against Apollo by one second and that was enough to become world champion. The Boss won, so that's what counts in the discussion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIN TZU View Post
    third week or not still very disappointing to see it get taken off number one by a generic Melissa McCarthy comedy
    Oh brother. Why? it passed MOS for domestic box office total in 3 weeks. Its at 784 million worldwide. It passed deadpool for biggest superhero movie of the year. But this is what they cbr chooses to write.