BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, Paniccia confirmed on twitter that it's not Emma.
    Good. Jean wouldn't need a team to make Emma a vegetable.

Talking about the writer he has done a good job with Laura and Gabby but I feel normally he can not give an epic ending to his stories. It was this way with Enemy of the state in the fight against Kimura or to save Gabby of the Brood in both stories felt that the end was anticlimatic.

I'm sure some people here(like Bart) will disagree, but Tom being the writer of X-Men Red makes me wish even more than we had someone like Cable or Rachel on the book. I mean, ANW it's all about Wolverine-like characters interacting, and it's great. We have Laura, Gabby + Daken, Bellona and Old Man Logan on some arcs + his Generations issue. Basically, he writers great family dynamics with all of Laura's relatives, that just like Jean's, all have the same powerset as her, and he doesn't make that a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Talking about the writer he has done a good job with Laura and Gabby but I feel normally he can not give an epic ending to his stories. It was this way with Enemy of the state in the fight against Kimura or to save Gabby of the Brood in both stories felt that the end was anticlimatic.
    The only thing I didn't like about Enemy of the state was that random reveal that it was actually Bellona who killed people. That was like, 100% unecessary and cheaped the story before it even ended for real. I actually need to catch up as I didn't even read the issues with the brood.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 11-13-2017 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

Cable's ok, but I really don't like the kids from the future/clone stuff nor Jott. Ultimately glad they aren't in the books.

Unless we are counting Hope. She is ironically different enough and in my opinion cool enough to warrant a spot in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Cable's ok, but I really don't like the kids from the future/clone stuff nor Jott. Ultimately glad they aren't in the books.

Unless we are counting Hope. She is ironically different enough and in my opinion cool enough to warrant a spot in the book.
    I think that stuff is more fitting on a solo than a team book tbh, it's just that, as I said, the way Taylor does it on ANW just made me wonder how it would be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    It is 1986 all over again! Jean is de-Phoenixed and gets an ugly costume. lol

Part of me is upset about it, but the Phoenix has been ruined beyond repair in recent years and Jean does have her own god-like omega potential. Yet, the Phoenix is such an important part of her history and has long been considered a part of her future/destiny as well. I'd hate to see someone else be Phoenix instead of her now that she is back.

I don't see the point in regressing her considering Jean is Phoenix in the movies and many of the video/online games and toys.
    She's not dePhoenix. You can see the cosmic/Phoenix energy around her in that costume on the inside page preview.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 11-13-2017 at 07:28 PM.

BANNED

Jean in the Morrison wore a costume that had no Phoenix symbol on it, yet she was still Phoenix. Cave lady Phoenix didn't have a Phoenix costume, yet she was Phoenix. Jean doesn't have to be in a Phoenix costume to be Phoenix. In X-Men: Apocalypse she went Phoenix and destroyed Apocalypse, yet she wasn't in a Phoenix costume. For some reason they seem to hate the Phoenix costume.

It's awesome that Namor has rejoined the X-Men and is a part of Jean's team.

BANNED

Maybe the solo will switch to the adult and then we'll see her interacting with Rachel, Storm, Hope, Polaris, Cable, Emma, Northstar, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Quentin....

That would make the random team make more sense to me.

BANNED

It's kind of happening the way I thought. The characters that guest started in Teen Jean's book were that because Marvel had plans for them and the Adult Jean Grey. Namor convinced kid Jean that she was a warrior and that she should fight the Phoenix. So he appears on Adult Jean's book. Meaning we'll see the Asgardians appear in X-Men: Red and Jean/Phoenix dealing with them.

BANNED

I too think the costume is a containment suit to help her control her Phoenix powers. Xorna had grown so powerful even with her own powers she had to wear a containment suit. Jean probably comes back somewhat out of control and after she stabilizes, puts on a suit to help her control herself. She temporarily came back in X-Men: Endsong and was still out of control and essentially had to go back to the WHR.

Honestly the costume doesn't look that bad now that I got a close up look at it. I don't mind her armor at all. The picture from inside the book which clearly showed cosmic/Phoenix energy around her didn't look to flattering with the armor, but now I see the cover I'm perfectly fine with her wearing the armor.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

That's actually a good point about Xorn-Jean - she didn't need the Phoenix to have to have a containment suit. Just her power.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The Phoenix thing is more because Paniccia said on Twitter that she's not gonna use the "Phoenix" codename, and that she may even get a new one in the future. I don't see how would that be possible if she was Phoenix...

About the costume, it's not that bad with Asrar drawing it. I still don't like the shoulder pads and the color combination, but it doesn't look bulky like on the cover, so it's fine in general. Well, now I just realized that the cover artist it's probably gonna draw it super ugly on all the upcoming covers and I'm kind of upset again...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Is Charest doing the main covers or variants, or do we not know yet?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Is the team cover a variant of issue #1? Or a cover of issue #2?

The announcement on the video said "Covers by Travis Charest"