BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The Phoenix thing is more because Paniccia said on Twitter that she's not gonna use the "Phoenix" codename, and that she may even get a new one in the future. I don't see how would that be possible if she was Phoenix...

About the costume, it's not that bad with Asrar drawing it. I still don't like the shoulder pads and the color combination, but it doesn't look bulky like on the cover, so it's fine in general. Well, now I just realized that the cover artist it's probably gonna draw it super ugly on all the upcoming covers and I'm kind of upset again...
    Number, I'm on Panniccia's twitter now and I don't see where he says she's not using the Phoenix codename. Can you provide a direct link?

Number 2, since everyone knows her as Jean Grey for so long, people often call her Jean Grey. During the Morrison run and in Endsong, she was clearly Phoenix, yet most of the time people just called her Jean.

Lastly, what artists say doesn't really matter. For years, and even as early as early this year they jumped up and down claiming teen Jean was the only Jean we'd get. Clearly that's not true, and it's not like they got out of their way to tell fans all the stories in the future. If they would honestly leak out everything that was going to happen, why would we buy the comics in the first place?

A lot of the stuff you're upset about is your imagination running wild. If something is actually published and you don't like it, fine. But there's no reason to come out with wild doomsday scenarios.

You like the character Jean Grey, just be happy Adult Jean Grey is back and see where the stories take us.

I will say that since her return is time at the same time as the X-Men movie Dark Phoenix, I seriously doubt she won't be Phoenix. The series about her return is titled PHOENIX: RESURRECTION.

PhoenixStudies posted the screen cap from Twitter a few pages back. When you go to Mark's twitter page click on "Tweets and Replies". Scroll down until you find it.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Number 2, since everyone knows her as Jean Grey for so long, people often call her Jean Grey. During the Morrison run and in Endsong, she was clearly Phoenix, yet most of the time people just called her Jean.
    Even when she was married people often referred to her as Grey over Summers. I recall one panel in Morrison where some rando called her Jean Grey and she corrected him with Summers.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 11-13-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Number, I'm on Panniccia's twitter now and I don't see where he says she's not using the Phoenix codename. Can you provide a direct link?

Lastly, what artists say doesn't really matter. For years, and even as early as early this year they jumped up and down claiming teen Jean was the only Jean we'd get. Clearly that's not true, and it's not like they got out of their way to tell fans all the stories in the future. If they would honestly leak out everything that was going to happen, why would we buy the comics in the first place?

A lot of the stuff you're upset about is your imagination running wild. If something is actually published and you don't like it, fine. But there's no reason to come out with wild doomsday scenarios.

You like the character Jean Grey, just be happy Adult Jean Grey is back and see where the stories take us.

I will say that since her return is time at the same time as the X-Men movie Dark Phoenix, I seriously doubt she won't be Phoenix. The series about her return is titled PHOENIX: RESURRECTION.
    Number 1: https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/sta...24580378873856

Number 2: Mark Paniccia it's not an artist, but an editor. Idk if that was a typo or not, but, as the main editor of the X-line right now, he does know what's gonna happen in books, and he has been giving A LOT of clues about X-Men Red, what's gonna happen on other books, art previews, etc.

Number 3: My worry is more because he said she could get a new codename in the future. She never had a codename as a Phoenix host, and that just seems like a weird idea.

Number 4: "You like the character Jean Grey, just be happy Adult Jean Grey is back and see where the stories take us." Yeah, I'm trying to do that, but it's exactly because of how long she was away that it's so important for me that she has the best now. I always had a lot of expectations for her return, so I know it's inevitable to get disappointed, but I can't help it, and I don't have anywhere else to express my opinions so I'm gonna keep doing it here, even if sometimes it's negative, gonna try not to do that way too much.

I hope you're right about her being Phoenix though, as it's how I want things to go.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I’m disappointed as well. It really seemed like she was going to stay Phoenix with the build up of Generations Phoenix, the Jean Grey solo dealing with the impending return of the Phoenix, and the upcoming Phoenix Resurrection mini. Yet, her 90s style costume and potential new code name in X-Men Red implies otherwise.

Matthew Rosenberg replied to a fan today on Twitter and said that Phoenix Resurrection will establish whether she stays Phoenix or not. I think we know the answer to that.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

If we want this book to sucess shouldnt we promote it ?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    If we want this book to sucess shouldnt we promote it ?
    That is mostly irrelevant, Marvel and DC base their print runs on advance orders, and since first issue sales pretty much make or break a book these days, the longevity of a title is determined well before a single reader walks into the store.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    That is mostly irrelevant, Marvel and DC base their print runs on advance orders, and since first issue sales pretty much make or break a book these days, the longevity of a title is determined well before a single reader walks into the store.
    Which is why it's important that one pre order the books they like- whether it's through a pull list at their comic store or getting a print mail subscription directly from marvel. These are the two best ways to help a book's longevity.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Apparently solicits say that Jean is coming back and she will have no recollection of her past and who she is.

Will anyone be pissed if she stays this way and doesn't regain her memories?

There is no point in Jean coming back if they are just gonna keep her as a shell of herself. It's the same as bringing in some random redhead who looks like her with "Jean Grey" as her name. Hell, it would be like plucking an adult Teen Jean from some alternate timeline.

If that's true then it is likely that she will be regaining those memories as the arcs go. Which will be tiring but eh.

I guess that could also explain the costume, which they said it has a story reason. Could be that maybe last thing she remembers is her in the 90s outfit pre-spaceship-phoenix-possession. So that's what she relates to?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Apparently solicits say that Jean is coming back and she will have no recollection of her past and who she is.

Will anyone be pissed if she stays this way and doesn't regain her memories?

There is no point in Jean coming back if they are just gonna keep her as a shell of herself. It's the same as bringing in some random redhead who looks like her with "Jean Grey" as her name. Hell, it would be like plucking an adult Teen Jean from some alternate timeline.
    Maybe that would be the case if people just cared about the content of the stories, but these days comics mostly rely on selling characters as brands, how those characters actually behave and interact with each other is mostly irrelevant. Neither Hope nor teen Jean really has any meaningful connection to the original Jean in terms of character, but the latter succeeded where the former failed because she had the strength of the Jean Grey brand behind her.

I'm hoping this team is a stop gap to the eventual reunion of everyone, Scott, Jean, Logan together. It has been quite some time after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    Wasn't it the solicit for the statu quo at the begining of Phoenix Resurection? She will have regained her memories by the end of the mini-serie, before X-Men Red.

Fantastic Member

This team took me by surprise at first but I quite like it actually. It doesn't rely heavily on nostalgia or it's tied to an specific era so they really took riks with this one. Only Kurt and Rogue/Gambit can be considered Jean's friends among the team but it's not like they were very close either. The only member I'm not sure about is that Gabby girl.. one Wolverine-like character is enough.

I know sooner or later we'll get the same old same old Jean, Cyclops, Logan, Storm etc so in the meantime let Jean interact and bond with new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    I'm hoping this team is a stop gap to the eventual reunion of everyone, Scott, Jean, Logan together. It has been quite some time after all.
    Oh I’m sure Jean will meet her old team mates down the line. She may even pop up in their books esp 616 Wolverine and Storm.
    First X-Lady