Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Yeah, no. Jason is pretty clearly from the "Lies" version of Paradise Island, born to the "Lies" version of Hippolyta, so I think it's already pretty clear that if the Jason teased a while back actually materializes and isn't just yet another lie to distract Diana, then he'll still not be a blood relative of Diana.

And if he did, there is pretty much no way he would be a "Mr. Wonder" character as you imagine. That much seems obvious to me.

Since Jason is tied to the "Lies," that alone would prompt me to hope he has nothing to do with Donna's origin.
    Where in the "Lies" arc did it confirm he was born to blonde Hippolyta? Cause I don't even remember rucka even mentioning him in his story. He was mentioned in the rebirth issue but not in the actual arc? Or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    "for what I know everyone here it's an impostor" maybe she is referring to the n52 Donna (and the situation with the n52 origin per se)?
    Yeah, I don't see another reason for Diana to be acting like that. Maybe she still have bad feelings about the n52 Donna and doesn't know this is another version? Idk, but I'm curious to see how it's explored.

And Rucka did an interview where he said...
    I forgot about this interview, thank you! It's been so long, we need another one soon.

"It’s not me going in and shattering dishes. It’s me going, “Here’s the box full of all the broken crockery... not all of it’s actually plates.” That's a beautiful way to put it, Mr. Rucka.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Where in the "Lies" arc did it confirm he was born to blonde Hippolyta? Cause I don't even remember rucka even mentioning him in his story. He was mentioned in the rebirth issue but not in the actual arc? Or did I miss something?
    It was never confirmed he was born to blonde Hippolyta...never confirmed he was ever born, at all, in the Rebirth-verse.

There's speculation that Donna is Jason's daughter, simply because we know nothing about her or her weird 'A' symbols on her belt and shield. While we can guess the 'A' might be for 'Argonaut', it might just as easily stand for 'Amazing' ..or 'Amazon' ..or 'Avatar'.

Just don't know, at this point...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I forgot about this interview, thank you! It's been so long, we need another one soon.

"It’s not me going in and shattering dishes. It’s me going, “Here’s the box full of all the broken crockery... not all of it’s actually plates.” That's a beautiful way to put it, Mr. Rucka.
    I found it while I was attempting to find #proof that Cassie wasn't gone forever, it was like a cold water falling all over me

Someone on the Titans Annual thread said that maybe, wherever they are, the place is potentializing already existing feelings? Like the leaguers except Barry were acting a bit ooc imo.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    never confirmed he was ever born, at all, in the Rebirth-verse.
    Well he was mentioned already in the rebirth special, so technically he is still apart of Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Well he was mentioned already in the rebirth special, so technically he is still apart of Rebirth.
    Even if he doesn't appear in WW, maybe he will show up for the ~~bigger~~ event?

Better resolution and more pages: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...titans-annual/

So is the current version of Cassie still Zeus's daughter?

Someone on the Titans Annual thread said that maybe, wherever they are, the place is potentializing already existing feelings? Like the leaguers except Barry were acting a bit ooc imo.
    That would be great. It would especially make Bruce's "He's not my sidekick. I don't know who he is..." statement incredibly poignant and revealing.

Ditto for Diana's insistence that she cannot "trust" Donna even if it's nothing personal. Like Bruce, is she secretly nursing a slight heartbreak that her protege went her own separate way and slowly began to distance herself from her and the Amazons? Is there a small, subconscious part of her that even views it as a "betrayal" of sorts? Then again, where does this book exactly fall in the Lies/Truth timeline? It could just be a case of too soon for Diana after everything.

Just read the ish... bleh

SPOILERS:

Diana confirms that "Donna Troy is not an organic woman. She was made whole out of clay by a magical process." " She was created as a weapon-- a weapon forged to destroy me. We prevented that destiny and we gave her false memories so she could live a stable life" "You were made to believe you were a human child. Orphaned, rescued by me, raised by the Amazons. This stopped you from becoming a weapon-- it allowed you to live as others live.. to become a hero, a Titan"

So what the rolling ferk?!? The universe is slowly being "fixed" ( Rebirth) and yet we get some half assed hack job of an origin in like six words balloons? That fully owes it's existence to a MUCH HATED 52 origin for Donna....

Load of total cr@p

...and it seems like this was the whole point to the issue-- which really led nowhere and the reveal was pretty lame....

I feel like when they wrote the issue they had no idea what was going on in Diana's book.... or maybe this is the current status quo and will be altered as "Rebirth" progresses.... I'm just so disappointed.

That does kinda make sense for Diana to not trust her though. If Diana's not sure that she isn't getting ready to literally stab her in the back.

I do kinda wonder why they swiped Deva's origin for Donna though.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Just read the ish... bleh

SPOILERS:

Diana confirms that "Donna Troy is not an organic woman. She was made whole out of clay by a magical process." " She was created as a weapon-- a weapon forged to destroy me. We prevented that destiny and we gave her false memories so she could live a stable life" "You were made to believe you were a human child. Orphaned, rescued by me, raised by the Amazons. This stopped you from becoming a weapon-- it allowed you to live as others live.. to become a hero, a Titan"

So what the rolling ferk?!? The universe is slowly being "fixed" ( Rebirth) and yet we get some half assed hack job of an origin in like six words balloons? That fully owes it's existence to a MUCH HATED 52 origin for Donna....

Load of total cr@p

...and it seems like this was the whole point to the issue-- which really led nowhere and the reveal was pretty lame....
    It's possible it's Diana who has the screwed up memories.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's possible it's Diana who has the screwed up memories.

Right because if the New 52 was simply a hallucination, there was no Clay Hippolyta to melt down in order for Hecate to create Donna with.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.