Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

I think Jean's main power is TK.
    Even when she was at her top power level (Dark Phoenix) she done more things using it.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I don't know--I thought it was all pretty clear and well-reasoned.

We can extrapolate time-, reality-, and dimensionally-displaced mutants, and clones, are not part of the equation.

I'm glad it will put the ceaseless "debates" about who is and isn't "omega" to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by notajediyet View Post
    Wasn't Gambit (as New Son) Omega as well?
    Someone must have surpassed him in kinetic energy manipulation (or do we just look at energy manipulation?? god im so confused)..

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Even when she was at her top power level (Dark Phoenix) she done more things using it.
    I feel the same way but jean’s Top power can still be tk without tk being her omega level power.

According to this list exodus is a more powerful telekinetic. That doesn’t mean tk isn’t her top power though.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    She can be powerful she doesn't surpass Exodus whose telekinesis is deemed to reach an indefinable upper limit in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Someone must have surpassed him in kinetic energy manipulation (or do we just look at energy manipulation?? god im so confused)..
    Gambit can generate kinetic energy but cannot absorb it. Vulcan is superior in energy manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This information will require people to re define their idea of omega mutant
    Or else they will be confused or disagree. Anyone not listed as an omega mutant now simply doesn’t reach the same power level/potential as the omega mutant in that category, thus they are not classified as omega.
    I think you nailed it. I wonder how much Hickman will use this info within the story. It does give me "The Twelve" sort of vibes.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    I don't know--I thought it was all pretty clear and well-reasoned.

We can extrapolate time-, reality-, and dimensionally-displaced mutants, and clones, are not part of the equation.

I'm glad it will put the ceaseless "debates" about who is and isn't "omega" to rest.
    I agree. This makes perfect sense to me, "wah wah what about my favorite character" aside. Glad to see Storm on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    So Jean can telekinetically recreate her body from stray dna, tk punch galactus, move a nano-sentinel through a brain, said to have the ultimate mutation for telekinetic godhood, but isn’t an omega level telekinetic? Ok.

Rachel has read every mind on the planet, astral projected across the galaxy, tk herself into a dinosaur, and telekinetically created a singularity, but isn’t omega? Sure.
    According to this new definition, Jean can still do all those things but Exodus is capable of doing better, therefore Jean isn't Omega.

If you read the definition in the book it says it can “reach the upper limit”. Meaning”limitless” is not a part of the definition. Someone can reach this limit and still be omega.

It’s basically about what mutant is the most powerful in that power type. Hope is deemed to be most powerful at power manipulation. Theoretically there can not be two omega mutants of the same power type unless they are tied, like jean and Quentin.

In some ways this is a retcon as two people with the same power cant both be omega unless they are both tied. People will likely be upset about this.

This information will require people to re define their idea of omega mutant
    Or else they will be confused or disagree. Anyone not listed as an omega mutant now simply doesn’t reach the same power level/potential as the omega mutant in that category, thus they are not classified as omega.
    Yup it is a really good way controlling the number of Omega mutants get made now that you say that. And since it is only one power at that level. It gives Omega reasonable weakness. Frank Richards was ridiculous before but with one of his ability being omega, he is kind of reasonable now. Some fans might not appreciate it should make for better stories if people follow it.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-24-2019 at 07:46 AM.

If someone dies does that mean someone can replace them.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-24-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I think so?

It seems the ability itself is what has an undefinable upper limit. Not the user’s amount of power or ability. So for example “temperature manipulation” has an undefinable upper limit (because how do you measure temperature manipulation? There is no test.)

Therefore if Bobby died the next most powerful temperature manipulator would be the omega mutant in temperature manipulation.

In this way someone doesn’t have to have some crazy amount of power to necessarily be the omega mutant in that category. Their power itself just needs to be immeasurable.

This is just how I’m interpreting it anyway, thus far.
    Last edited by Grey; 07-24-2019 at 07:51 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    "Kid Omega" it is kinda in the name.

Also, I wonder if people realize if you hate Quentin Quire the writers is doing their job.
    The goal isn’t for you to know necessarily just hate the character. You should love to hate that character. I love to hate Toad, just as Morrison’s Quentin has aspects that are supposed to evoke sympathy, so that we don’t completely want him gone and dead somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by notajediyet View Post
    Wasn't Gambit (as New Son) Omega as well?
    616 mutants. Only 616 mutants on that list.

I think so?
    That's also how I read it. Omega is just a term and it's relative to your peers. You can be bumped off if someone new appears

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I guess with the current definition if Magneto died then Polaris would be Omega. Unless Metal Master was more powerful than her or something like that