Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I’m not sure how well it would be received but what if Sinestro just lost the ability to wield any lantern ring, say Kyle Rayner using something akin to his former white lantern powers cuts him off from the emotional spectrum. However as the person he is he can’t accept this and through his shady dealings he manages to create a wide spread empire under his command. To make matters worse to make it so the green lanterns can’t touch him he willfully puts his new empire into the United Planets (yes I know it’s new but it has story potential), giving whatever resources he believes will prove him as useful and making it that should the green lanterns ever come for him they’d be causing an intergalactic war, as well as unintended consequences.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Checkmate

John Stewart and Wally West travel through Elseworlds in a 21 Jump Street- Bad Boys- style buddy cop adventures. They're just one trouble-making partnership in a set of hundreds of space-time cops working for police Chief Metron.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-16-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    This might work better as an original work instead of being set in the DCU.

Too much baggage.
    I suspect the same could be said of a lot of these ideas here. I guess if this were outside of DC main continuity it would have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I suspect the same could be said of a lot of these ideas here. I guess if this were outside of DC main continuity it would have a chance.
    I'd say outside DC period. Its better off being a creator owned title like Irredeeamable/Incorruptible by Mark Waid.

Two Wonder Woman stories

1) Diana helps a group of metahumans who are trying to live their lives with their powers being made public.

2) Wonder Woman and The Elite. I've thought for a while about how a "Wonder Woman vs the Elite" story would go. While Diana may not agree with their methods obviously, I do think the argument would not be as black and white ("killing is what the bad guys do") but get more into the nuances of situations requiring lethal force and the various consequences that can result from it.

If it does come to the Elite deciding to come to blows with Diana, I'd also like her to point out to them that she is not only a member of the Justice League and has friends among a few governments but is also a foreign dignitary. This could be interesting as it could lead to Black trying to figure out other ways to clash with Diana while she does the same.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-19-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Titans Earth one-
    I wanted to see what the O5's lives would be like if they didn't meet their mentors.

Black Lightning

- I'll introduce a villain called White Lightning (or use the DC villain of the same name who already exists), who is a racist bastard, who somehow got lightning powers as well. Hvae this be Black Lightning's arch nemesis. There will be awesome dialogue, racial tension, and will be controversial. Someone like Nehisi Coates, Morrison or Priest should write this.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m not sure how well it would be received but what if Sinestro just lost the ability to wield any lantern ring, say Kyle Rayner using something akin to his former white lantern powers cuts him off from the emotional spectrum. However as the person he is he can’t accept this and through his shady dealings he manages to create a wide spread empire under his command. To make matters worse to make it so the green lanterns can’t touch him he willfully puts his new empire into the United Planets (yes I know it’s new but it has story potential), giving whatever resources he believes will prove him as useful and making it that should the green lanterns ever come for him they’d be causing an intergalactic war, as well as unintended consequences.
    I dig this idea and would read it in a heartbeat. I'm curious, which Lantern would you have face off against Sinestro? I think John, as leader of the Corp, would be the best choice to face Sinestro head-on diplomatically, in physically combat (if need be) and in terms of Machiavellian tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Checkmate

John Stewart and Wally West travel through Elseworlds in a 21 Jump Street- Bad Boys- style buddy cop adventures. They're just one trouble-making partnership in a set of hundreds of space-time cops working for police Chief Metron.
    +1 I love this idea too
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-20-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Black Lightning

- I'll introduce a villain called White Lightning (or use the DC villain of the same name who already exists), who is a racist bastard, who somehow got lightning powers as well. Hvae this be Black Lightning's arch nemesis. There will be awesome dialogue, racial tension, and will be controversial. Someone like Nehisi Coates, Morrison or Priest should write this.
    I'm all here for the idea of Christopher Priest (if he'll do it) or Ta-Nehishi Coates on Black Lightning, and i'm morbidly curious what Morrison would do; plus I would welcome the clout Morrison would bring to the character for the "fanboy purist" types. However I'm not sure about that premise, it feels too trite and heavyhanded.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-20-2019 at 09:55 PM. Reason: more accurate wording
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Nevermind "White Lightning", I can imagine a "Greased Lightning" burnin' up that quarter mile...

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Black Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nevermind "White Lightning", I can imagine a "Greased Lightning" burnin' up that quarter mile...
    a Grant Morrison maxiseries where the Music Meister turns all of Freeland into a Grease inspired musical nightmare for Black Lightning? You've cracked the code!
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-20-2019 at 10:10 PM.

currently following:

I'd be willing to trust Coates or Priest with such a story but not Morrison. The man has proven himself incredibly tone deaf when it comes to race at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd be willing to trust Coates or Priest with such a story but not Morrison. The man has proven himself incredibly tone deaf when it comes to race at times.
    I've recently realized i'm not a Morrison guy, I wouldn't trust him as being any kind of arbiter of racial enlightenment or anything like that but it's like watching NASCAR; I kinda just wanna see what happens when or if **** reeeeeally goes wrong, ya know? plus, I trust Grant's whole "beating to his own drum" philosophy will make it so disconnected and off in it's own world that, if it's really THAT bad, it'll be easy to ignore.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-22-2019 at 12:26 PM.

currently following:

Amazing Member

This would be an Elseworlds because I personally prefer a Joker with an unknown origin.

That being said, I always thought it would be interesting if Joker turned out to be the son of Joe Chill.

Basically, Chill is arrested and a young Joker is now fatherless. Perhaps Joker's mom has already passed on, OR commits suicide shortly after because of depression and humiliation. Either way this event leaves both Bruce and Joker as orphans.

The story would basically show Joker's younger years, however that would play out.

Though Joker knows his father is at fault, he also grows a severe hatred of Bruce Wayne. At some point, Joker finds out Wayne is Batman (how? Idk I'm not a writer) and absolutely flips his ****, becoming the Joker.

Obviously that would have to be fleshed out but that's the gist.

Oh and at the beginning, right before Chill murders the Waynes, there'll be a scene of him playing cards with young Joker using a new deck. Chill throws out the Joker card, calling it worthless or whatever.

Extraordinary Member

An Elseworld story along the lines of Stephen King's It except without a killer clown.

Choose either the original Teen Titans (Dick, Wally, Roy, Donna, Garth, Lilith, Mal), the New Teen Titans (Dick, Donna, Wally, Raven, Gar, Victor, Kori) or the next generation (Tim, Connor, Cassie, Bart, etc...) and have them experience some supernatural, terrifying force that scared them so badly as kids that they made a pact to unite and fight all evil. Years later, that supernatural force returns and the Titans reunite to stop it for good this time.

Okay, it could be lame but if the right writer and artist did it, it could be terrifying.