Page 335 of 865 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435835 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    East of West is bloody amazing. If you like weird sci-fi westerns with lots of mythology involved and you like Hivkman than you're going to love this! It's very, very good.
    is it Joe R Lansdale Jonah Hex good?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Haven't read Hickman, but I like western and weird stuff. The weirder the better really.
    Oh it's weird, so delightfully weird. From living eyeballs that act like spies to lie detector demons that replace your arm to Mao the fifth ruling one of the biggest nations of the world to a 5 year old reincarnation of the horseman of war raising a 30 year old man as his child. If you like weird sprawling epics then you'll love East of West.
    Last edited by victorxd1999; 05-16-2015 at 07:16 AM.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    is it Joe R Lansdale Jonah Hex good?
    I haven't read that stuff but it can be compared to the Sixth gun but weirder, more sci-fi like and grander in scale. Though I'm not sure which I like better.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I haven't read that stuff but it can be compared to the Sixth gun but weirder, more sci-fi like and grander in scale. Though I'm not sure which I like better.

picked up both the Sixth gun HC's, boy they are tall books, quite a way down my reading list but i'll let you know what i think when i get chance

Spectacular Member

Are these the only Valiant Deluxe Editions?
    - Harbinger: vols 1/2
    - Bloodshot: vol 1/2
    - Shadowman: vol 1
    - X-O Manowar: vols 1/2
    - Harbinger Wars
    - Unity
    - Quantum and Woody: vol 1
    - Archer and Armstrong: vol 1

Want to start getting the entire valiant line, just making sure I didn't miss anything out. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Are these the only Valiant Deluxe Editions?
    - Harbinger: vols 1/2
    - Bloodshot: vol 1/2
    - Shadowman: vol 1
    - X-O Manowar: vols 1/2
    - Harbinger Wars
    - Unity
    - Quantum and Woody: vol 1
    - Archer and Armstrong: vol 1

Want to start getting the entire valiant line, just making sure I didn't miss anything out. Thanks in advance.
    add Armor Hunters to that list, not sure how many vol 2's are out yet as i haven't received any of my preorders, and i don't know if Unity has had a solicit yet?

and i know some people love it, but i felt Q & W has no place in the Valiant universe, it just doesn't fit well
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 05-16-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I've read the deluxe editions of Bloodshot, Harbinger and X-O Manowar and really enjoyed them. Valiant have put out some decent stuff and I'll need to pick up a few more soon.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    add Armor Hunters to that list, not sure how many vol 2's are out yet as i haven't received any of my preorders, and i don't know if Unity has had a solicit yet?

and i know some people love it, but i felt Q & W has no place in the Valiant universe, it just doesn't fit well
    Looks like Amazon UK has a solicit for a Unity Deluxe HC on June 03. Can't find anything else about it, so I'm not sure if this is legitimate or not.

Oh it's weird, so delightfully weird. From living eyeballs that act like spies to lie detector demons that replace your arm to Mao the fifth ruling one of the biggest nations of the world to a 5 year old reincarnation of the horseman of war raising a 30 year old man as his child. If you like weird sprawling epics than you'll love East of West.
    Sounds like my kind of stuff. Some nudity would be appreciated as well.

Amazon UK has risen up price for Miller's DD even it's still out of stock. What the hell?

Incredible Member

So I used the VISA Checkout promotion on indigo.ca's website for 20% off everything in the order and decided to pick up the following.

- 100 Bullets Deluxe Edition Book Five
    - The Invisibles Deluxe Edition Book Three
    - Saga Deluxe Edition Book One
    - Chew Smorgasbord Book One

All for $147 CAD!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Sounds like my kind of stuff. Some nudity would be appreciated as well.
    I only read the first two trades but if I remember there is only one instance of nudity which is during child birth. There may be more in the other issues though.

I really need to get started on my Valiant collection...some of good stuff there.
    Which of the OHCs do you consider to be 'must-haves' and which ones are skippable?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

East of West is bloody amazing. If you like weird sci-fi westerns with lots of mythology involved and you like Hivkman than you're going to love this! It's very, very good.
    It's awesome! I'm reading it trade by trade (which is hard because I hate having to wait to read it)
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I really need to get started on my Valiant collection...some of good stuff there.
    Which of the OHCs do you consider to be 'must-haves' and which ones are skippable?
    Harbinger
    X-O Manowar
    Harbinger Wars
    Unity
    Archer and Armstrong

My favorite is X-O
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor