Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Geralt vs. Achilles

Live action Witcher vs. Live action Achilles from Troy.

Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I think that Achilles is probably a slightly better fighter - though it's close - but he isn't really faster, and has nothing that will save him from being chucked around by magic then sliced while immobile or stunned.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Yikes! I had meant to say Geralt was limited to swords only.

Yeah, magic makes this too difficult imo.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I mean I'll toss a coin to the Witcher.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It took three posts before someone made that joke? Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It took three posts before someone made that joke? Sad.
    *tosses a coin at Pendaran*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Achilles seems stronger, and a better fighter which seems like a odd thing to say seeing how Geralt actually fights monster but still.. there you have it.

This fight is alot closer then Achilles vs the various GoT fighters.

Even if Geralt pops a potion and uses his magic.. has he even held someone in place in the show? far as i know he only pushed people back.

Geralt fighting random mooks which are easily dispatched and with great style no less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J12piNzOVuI

But here he is having abit of trouble (trouble as in not being able to make short work of them) against a group of actual fighters/warriors. I don't see a guy who's main battle tactic is to just jump infront of an army and just start killing people having the same trouble as Geralt had here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDu4-u8tDNU

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Geralt fighting random mooks which are easily dispatched and with great style no less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J12piNzOVuI

But here he is having abit of trouble (trouble as in not being able to make short work of them) against a group of actual fighters/warriors. I don't see a guy who's main battle tactic is to just jump infront of an army and just start killing people having the same trouble as Geralt had here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDu4-u8tDNU
    Eh. He also cut his way through a group of 6+ Cintran Knights in like 10 seconds. These were royal guards with full arms and armor. He repeats a similar feat escaping his Cintran prison later in the season.

Cutting down professional soldiers is a thing he does without much trouble in the majority of his showings.
    - big_adventure

I was going to say, he did pretty well for himself when it was basically him and two other guys vs an entire wedding's worth of armed angry dudes and a bunch of armed guards. Sure one of those guys with him was basically the King of the Vikings, but still.

Unrelated to anything, but I really enjoyed the way the Witcher played around with its chronology in series. You don't see anything from Basically the King of the Vikings other than going out to an arrow through the eye in the first episode, then the wedding episode rolls in and you're all "well that was kind of a shameful way to go for a guy who kicked that much ass that time" and then by the end after Cahir's fight with Viglefortz you're left with "nope, the guy who shot him is apparently just that much more of a badass."

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Unrelated to anything, but I really enjoyed the way the Witcher played around with its chronology in series. You don't see anything from Basically the King of the Vikings other than going out to an arrow through the eye in the first episode, then the wedding episode rolls in and you're all "well that was kind of a shameful way to go for a guy who kicked that much ass that time" and then by the end after Cahir's fight with Viglefortz you're left with "nope, the guy who shot him is apparently just that much more of a badass."
    Agreed. It sorta caught me off guard initially but I quickly began to enjoy it.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Eh. He also cut his way through a group of 6+ Cintran Knights in like 10 seconds. These were royal guards with full arms and armor. He repeats a similar feat escaping his Cintran prison later in the season.

Cutting down professional soldiers is a thing he does without much trouble in the majority of his showings.
    Man i'm forgetting alot , i need to rewatch the entire series again hehe.

You are talking about the throne room fight right? I'm not sure about the numbers or time it took him, but yea he did good against those. Though aside from being armored i didnt find them especially impressive though, the hedgehog guy wasnt too shabby against them neither.

I dont remember a substantial group fight during his escape and i cant seem to find it on youtube.

To be fair, given that such is the only performance we have for Hedgehog Guy, and his backstory is otherwise "saved the king's life that time during a war", it's mostly that Hedgehog Guy was being presented as himself pretty skilled.

Hedgehog Guy lol. Give Sir Duny some respect! :P

I might be mis-remembering the timing, but Geralt kills some soldiers on the streets shortly after escaping as Nilfgaard takes Cintra. I'll see if I can find it.
    - big_adventure