Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

i wish sebastian was more like a good on the inside mobster that breaks kneecaps for his babe, and not an actual human trashbag of horse shite, in a low life dumpster in despicable, "mega yikes my dude" street
    such good chest hair wasted on such an absolute dick.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-23-2020 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What? You quoted the direct lines where Sebastian tells Christian that the council won't be able to resurrect Kate and you're telling me that Christian didn't know that meant she was gonna get killed? Christian KNEW his acting would result in Sebastian somehow killing her. Not sure why his fans are totally ignoring that. He knew.

And I love him for it. Hope Kate stays dead for a few issues to let others shine at least.

Iconic! I want this to happen now! Then while everyone is shocked they can ask "Did you do that for Kate"? And then its revealed Emma didn't even know about that yet, Shaw was just getting on her nerves.

It'll be so lam if they can just easily resurrect her since it'll be anticlimactic considering all the buildup of her maybe not being fully mutant (hence Krakoa not letting her in). Obvs, she will survive/be brought back but I hope it's just as surprising as her "death" ion this issue.
    I actually prefer if she does it for Kate. I would love it if she came up to the council and shot Shaw and Shinobi both, and then told Erik, Charles, and Apocalypse in no uncertain terms that they are not to resurrect either of them until Kate is brought back and if they try and bring Shaw back she'll kill him over and over to make the point!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

What did Hickman's garbage quotes about 'no more cheap death for melodrama' and 'building something, not destroying' ever mean to these other writers and the editors.

This still sounds like the same Rosencanny BS of constant murders.

This was a solid issue. Not too surprised that Sebastian Shaw had a plan to work against both Emma and Kitty. I still like how it unfolded. It got messy, destructive, and dramatic. Those are all great ingredients for any X-Men comic. It'll be even greater if they can give Shaw the same punishment they gave Sabretooth.

I still can't call her Kate. She'll always be Kitty Pryde for me.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I'm so relieved this issue wasn't spoiled prior to my obtaining my hard copy. Wow. Gut punch. First Lock then Kate. That ending was SAVAGE.
    Its really incredible how -- with the resurrections available-- and Kate being such a prominent character, that this shredded me the way that it did.
    Well done Duggan. I've thoroughly enjoyed Marauders and can't wait to see how Shaw's plans unravel (or not) moving forward. So many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It does not.

The direct quote is: "Between you and me, they can't resurrect the Red Queen, and I surmise that's why Iceman won't join your crew. He's too busy safeguarding some feeble half-mutant girl."

To me this planted the seed for Christian's conversation with Iceman. It doesn't necessarily even suggest Shaw is talking about actually killing Kitty with Christian (Christian could have easily just said, "I wish Iceman would join my crew" right before it), much less that Christian has done anything to help.

It gives motive to support the idea of Christian being involved, but hasn't committed to going that direction; I think that is Shaw manipulating the situation.

I'm way over invested in this. hahaha.
    Yes. This.
    Shaw is trying to tear down everything Emma has. And that will include Christian's reputation and/or good standing with other X-folk by implicating him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I actually prefer if she does it for Kate. I would love it if she came up to the council and shot Shaw and Shinobi both, and then told Erik, Charles, and Apocalypse in no uncertain terms that they are not to resurrect either of them until Kate is brought back and if they try and bring Shaw back she'll kill him over and over to make the point!
    Emma doesn't have the power or clout to dictate terms or give ultimatums to Xavier, Magneto or Apocalypse. And why do you assume Shaw cannot kill Emma himself, you think he would allow Emma to kill him over and over? Obviously Kate is going to come back prob next issue and I'm sure Shaw as contingencies to handle any fallout. But I for one am glad to see Shaw making moves and not being Emma's whipping boy. Going forward if Duggan is an impartial writer and doesn't bring favoritism and bias to the book (anymore than is already present), then I hope that Shaw continues to scheme and and be a force that counters Emma and Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    all of this was kind of her fault in the first place. she provoked Sebastian at every turn. it was her extremely petty goal to humiliate him. she really should have seen the retaliation coming. i'm not even convinced that she didn't see this coming. Christian aligning with Shaw is just a little too convenient. the latter really has nothing to offer him.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This was a solid issue. Not too surprised that Sebastian Shaw had a plan to work against both Emma and Kitty. I still like how it unfolded. It got messy, destructive, and dramatic. Those are all great ingredients for any X-Men comic. It'll be even greater if they can give Shaw the same punishment they gave Sabretooth.
    they were only able to do that to Victor because he went along with the extradition. Sebastian could live comfortably outside of Krakoa. he's already survived several attempts on his life. and he has that alliance with the verendi and the other evil CEOs.

How in the world are there SHAW supporters? These are dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    shaw kinda stupid as **** since he scorned shinobi as well, he can easly become black king and do what he did at the same capacity.
    he needs less chest hair and more braincells imo
    thereby causing Kate's crew to accept his pawn. Shinobi is now on the inside and, presumably, still thinks that Emma arranged his death. and Emma now has Christian on the inside of Sebastian's inner circle. it's a chess match.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    this isn't about right or wrong. he's a great effing character. people often take for granted the marvel universe as it exists today (especially if they didn't grow up reading it in the 80s). a lot of great characters were created by chris claremont & byrne. and sebastian is one of them, the embodiment of whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger. a lot more thought was put into introducing the lords cardinal than creating Glob Herman.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    After a while, it's fun to see bad guys win. Given the pansy times of "good always triumphing over evil." Which we all know is BS.

Indifferent to Shaw myself. But no stranger to rooting for villains when the good guys turn into Mary Sues & get away with everything.

Now this was good, I actually can't wait to see what happens next. If Kitty's going to be 70% of the series then give a reason, the first 2 issues and this one being centered around her didn't feel forced because the plot was centered around her. But when the covers and solicits make it sound like Storm and Iceman where getting something to do but instead it was 2-3 scenes then back to Kitty doing the rest is when I started having a problem. Now I'm actually exited that Storm will have a role in the next issues, even Pyro now has a reason to used and Iceman is at least in the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Emma doesn't have the power or clout to dictate terms or give ultimatums to Xavier, Magneto or Apocalypse. And why do you assume Shaw cannot kill Emma himself, you think he would allow Emma to kill him over and over? Obviously Kate is going to come back prob next issue and I'm sure Shaw as contingencies to handle any fallout. But I for one am glad to see Shaw making moves and not being Emma's whipping boy. Going forward if Duggan is an impartial writer and doesn't bring favoritism and bias to the book (anymore than is already present), then I hope that Shaw continues to scheme and and be a force that counters Emma and Kate.
    Well she's got 50 years exclusive on drugs distribution. She could shut down the economy at the base of the Krakoan international recognition if she wanted. She does have some power (even Hickman said it).

Are you happy for Shaw or for the plot getting a more interesting rival?