Page 181 of 191 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2854

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    Good job. The shelves came out great.

What kind of wood did you use for the shelf holding the books? I like how wide they are but would worry about some bowing over time.
    38mm mdf which weighed a tonne, with supports about a meter apart, with timber trim to front for painting, as mdf paints well apart from where it’s cut, they are solid, had same in softwood at old house and they bowed, these won’t

I was reading comics when I was a kid and stopped in my early 20s for some reason. I decided to get back into it about one year ago, perhaps motivated by the Marvel movies. So I have started this collection from scratch.20191206_180052.jpg20191206_180043.jpg

Nice collection hyped

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Nice collection hyped
    Thank you! Keeps growing

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I was reading comics when I was a kid and stopped in my early 20s for some reason. I decided to get back into it about one year ago, perhaps motivated by the Marvel movies. So I have started this collection from scratch.20191206_180052.jpg20191206_180043.jpg
    Looking good. The movies got me back into collecting around 8 years ago or so also. I stopped as a teenager back in the 80s. I see you have the Marvelocity Alex Ross book, I'm after that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Looking good. The movies got me back into collecting around 8 years ago or so also. I stopped as a teenager back in the 80s. I see you have the Marvelocity Alex Ross book, I'm after that myself.
    When I got back into comics through the movies I went with digital comics initially, but then just felt I needed to switch to physical comics and start a collection. Marvelocity was actually a gift from work colleagues!

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

I started 2019 with a handful of hardcovers (some core Absolutes and few other random books). Now I need to start on my other Kallax shelves (I have 2 single column units with trades and random books). Quite a few books on pre-order but the bulk of the heavy lifting is done.

https://i.imgur.com/QtFVdQV.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    I started 2019 with a handful of hardcovers (some core Absolutes and few other random books). Now I need to start on my other Kallax shelves (I have 2 single column units with trades and random books). Quite a few books on pre-order but the bulk of the heavy lifting is done.

Very impressive considering you moreorless started at the beginning of last year. Am I the only one who has Absolutes on the bottom shelf?

Very impressive considering you moreorless started at the beginning of last year. Am I the only one who has Absolutes on the bottom shelf?
    Heavy bottom
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post

Wauw that is amazing. Especially considering the time frame. Have you read everything (like anyone on here has haha)?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Wauw that is amazing. Especially considering the time frame. Have you read everything (like anyone on here has haha)?
    I have not actually.....I'd say 15 to 20 books have yet to be read. I'm recovering from knee surgery so I've had time to read a few of the unread: Gotham Central Omni, Velvet Deluxe & DCeased. Planning to read Kill or Be Killed today & tomorrow.

Spectacular Member

Below is a part of my collection. About 40% of my omnis. Reorganizing my shelves. About halfway through but coming along nicely.

https://imgur.com/a/IiH3LBO

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Below is a part of my collection. About 40% of my omnis. Reorganizing my shelves. About halfway through but coming along nicely.

Hey nab! I was just talking to you on Reddit earlier about posting your X-Men shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post

Coming along very nicely. No Daredevil Miller Companion Omnibus?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Hey nab! I was just talking to you on Reddit earlier about posting your X-Men shelves!
    Nice to see you on here, man. I will definitely be posting the end result fairly soon. As early as tonight perhaps.

Coming along very nicely. No Daredevil Miller Companion Omnibus?
    That will be corrected very soon, my friend. I’m also hoping that IST will have Daredevil Bendis Vol 1 in stock real soon. I should have bought it but I have the three ultimate collection trades and wanted to unload those first. Didn’t think it would go so fast.