Page 42 of 117 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    because krakoa has its rules and its the place where they can do that, thats my whole point, their sins are not gone they are just in a place that absolves them.
    they are the same, their sins will never have consequences because they will never be at the mercy of justice, those 2 by staying in krakoa, and wanda by her avenger status
    But to be fair to Wanda, she has done actual good deeds to compensate. What exactly would anyone do to her?

BANNED

wanda will never be forgiven but there arent any ways to actually punish her, so its just empty spitefull words

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    As has been pointed out repeatedly in this thread and literally every other thread about the subject, Wanda is singled out for demonization because she very nearly succeeded in the thing humans have been trying to accomplish since learning mutants existed. She targeted an entire race for the sins of one man, and were it not for the likes of the X-Men and Doctor Strange deflecting at least some of her mad curse, ALL mutants would have been wiped out.

Because she got all up in her fee-fees about her dad, and wanted to teach him a lesson...by wiping out an entire race.

Apocalypse waged wars. In some timelines, he is responsible for genocide. In this timeline, the main timeline, NOTHING he has done comes anywhere near as close to wiping out an entire species as Wanda’s mad curse.
    She didn't wipe anyone out. She just took their powers.

Why single out Wanda when Cassandra Nova killed 16 times as many mutants as her?

I do think M-Day is a big deal. It's absolutely horrible to depower mutants and take a way a part of them like that. I don't agree with the whole "powers or sexuality/race/whatever shouldn't matter!" thing. But I just don't think it's as bad as actually murdering others.

I know that for Krakoa, death can be undone, so the depowering brings up a more complicated issue. But when it comes to the intent and the actual harm itself, it's not as bad, or at least it wasn't when it happened. So I find it a bit questionable that they're even telling stories about it to the kids, preying on their fear and anger and pride, and using that to promote the Crucible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And that was the worse offense someone could do, not dead but take away the powers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    And then got immmediatly retconned that thousands of mutants died because of that, even though House of M established that no mutants died when they lost their powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Why single out Wanda when Cassandra Nova killed 16 times as many mutants as her?
    cassandra nova has had her neck cracked, put into a mass of flesh, a tsunami trown at her and jean forced her to learn compassion, cassandra nova is a villain and is treated as such.
    wanda commited genocide over fake vibrator babies and daddy issues and shes an avenger

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I’m curious. Can you name one instance in the real world where an oppressed minority has ‘taken it, smiled, and hoped’ and actually succeeded? Because that isn’t how the world works. It’s a wonderful dream, but it’s a child’s dream, ignorant of the bigger picture and how the world actually works. No minority, no oppressed culture, has EVER had their oppressors say, “Wow, you’ve been SO polite while we exploited your labor, devalued your lives, kidnapped and brainwashed your children, erased your culture to the best of our ability. Here, HAVE your land/culture/identity back! Good for you for not getting uppity!”
    I dont need to? We aren't talking about the real world, we're talking about comics, and that was Xavier's dream. What we have now isn't his dream, but it's almost the polar opposite in terms of cultish segregation, which is just as, in my opinion anyway, childish and simplistic.

Again, I think that will be one of the points Hickman makes by the end. Integration, not isolation. Acceptance, not dominance. Freedom of choice, not weird extremism that feigns choice but punishes those that disagree or dont fit in.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    The panels tuck frump is posting of M-Day aftermath stories are sort of connected to the current use of Wanda in the X-books, which in both cases is: Wanda is not their character, so they can say anything they want about her.

In her regular home of the Avengers books, even at her lowest, Wanda only killed three people and all of them were brought back - obviously they were trying to make sure she could be used again once they brought her back.

The X-books were given no such instructions and didn't care, so they just did all these panels showing the horrific bloody aftermath of M-day, and maybe even more importantly, no one in the entire X-line (at least that I've seen) ever spoke up to say that Wanda is a hero and has never shown any signs of hating mutants so she's probably been possessed or something. If it were, say, Jean, they'd keep that possibility open (much like the Avengers comics left open the possibility that maybe it's Doom's fault). They didn't with Wanda because she belongs to the Avengers office and she's their problem. They just kept piling horror on horror and referring to Wanda as nothing more than a psycho villain, even writers who should have known better like Claremont.

The same thing is happening now in the X-books. I don't know if they plan to have Wanda appear in person - it sure seems like they're hinting at it - but she'd be "on loan" at best. So she makes perfect sense as a boogeyman, because nothing they do or say can affect any plans for the character.

Despite being a Wanda stan I've mostly stopped caring about this - I'm pissed at Marvel for not putting her back on the Avengers roster where she belongs, but not at X-writers for not having read decades of Avengers comics - but what does get me mad about HoM is that Marvel should have told the X-Men editors to go easy on the destruction so they could bring Wanda back without blood on her hands. Just like they tell editors not to let the Hulk kill people on his usual rampages or not to let Wolverine slash innocent people; it's the same thing, except that no one at Marvel cared about ever using Wanda again except maybe Allan Heinberg and Joss Whedon, and you can understand how that would be annoying to fans of any character.
    I agree with you, she was betrayed by editorial, especially X-Office.
    Children's Crusade settled that canonically though.
    It's unfortunate for the people who like(d) hating on Her, but that's 15 years of their lives hating on something she didn't do.
    Their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    X-men in 2017: The inhumans need to give up the terrigenenis cloud. Losing lives isn't worth having super powers.

X-men in 2020: Hey, you should get yourself killed so you can have superpowers again. C'mooooon, Apocalypse will say you're COOL!
    I believe it was "they are still Inhumans, even without the mist triggering their transformation"...
    But yeah.
    The hypocrisy is going strong here.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Well, that "NO MORE" chart did say

Cassandra Nova: 16 millions killed

Wanda Maximoff: 1 million depowered

And then got immmediatly retconned that thousands of mutants died because of that, even though House of M established that no mutants died when they lost their powers.
    That's not true, a mutant family fell out of the sky when they lost their powers. Magmas boyfriend burnt to death in a volcano, in New X-men a mutant drowned those weren't retcons they occured in decimation straight after the event

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    cassandra nova has had her neck cracked, put into a mass of flesh, a tsunami trown at her and jean forced her to learn compassion, cassandra nova is a villain and is treated as such.
    wanda commited genocide over fake vibrator babies and daddy issues and shes an avenger
    I meant in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, that "NO MORE" chart did say

Cassandra Nova: 16 millions killed

Wanda Maximoff: 1 million depowered
    Wandas wave was omniversal and affected all realities but two showed sign of mutants after messiah complex

Ghandi.

10 char.
    Gandhi was not single-handedly responsible for Indian freedom from colonial oppression. There were violent revolutionaries battling the British, and without them, Gandhi would have Ben a nice distraction, but not an end. And that all is without even mentioning that Xavier’s dream was, ultimately, passive. “Take it and smile” is not how you win acceptance. For all that Gandhi as nonviolent, he was absolutely NOT passive. He was not content to wait for the British to get bored and go away. Nor was he hoping that eventually the British would come to see the Indian people as having value. He wanted them gone, and he used non-violent tactics to make colonial oppression cost more than it profited.

So, not a terribly good example...