Page 171 of 772 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Whew chile. Marvel placing storm as the number one female xlady has really allowed some of the fandom true colors to be shown. I've seen a couple of posts from jean fans on twitter saying she was only put at number 1 for political reasons because she is black or that she she shouldn't be because she is not as powerful as jean. I find such statements comical in that yes she is a black character but she is beloved because of her many, many inspiring traits she possess, her power, and just overall being badass. She was being a strong, black woman during a period where most women including jean was playing subordinate to their make counterparts. Also, as I've said many times jean was giving the Phoenix to put her on ororo's level. Nevertheless, people may see her as some sort of quota but if you really look into the history of the character it should make perfect sense why she is number 1.

#lovemesomestorm
    #hadariyao
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-30-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That is sad and sorry the Jean fans were the ones to do it. It is not for any political reason. Storm has just come into her own. (While not an excuse, I know so many Jean fans are upset because of no development for her in a while now). Storm is at #1. Period.

Upset or not, Jean fans should not put down Storm. Storm being number one should likewise not have fans putting Jean down. Jean (among the other founding Ladies of Marvel) helped paved the way for the 1970's females (like Storm) and beyond. As such, they should be respected. And all characters are at the mercy of the writers.

Storm is our Elemental Goddess. Jean is our Psionic Goddess of the Mind. Wanda is our Magical Mutant Goddess. Lorna is our Energy Goddess.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That is sad and sorry the Jean fans were the ones to do it. It is not for any political reason. Storm has just come into her own. (While not an excuse, I know so many Jean fans are upset because of no development for her in a while now). Storm is at #1. Period.

Upset or not, Jean fans should not put down Storm. Storm being number one should likewise not have fans putting Jean down. Jean (among the other founding Ladies of Marvel) helped paved the way for the 1970's females (like Storm) and beyond. As such, they should be respected. And all characters are at the mercy of the writers.

Storm is our Elemental Goddess. Jean is our Psionic Goddess of the Mind. Wanda is our Magical Mutant Goddess. Lorna is our Energy Goddess.

Thank you phoenix. It happens and I can't say I'm surprised by it. The xmen are known for their powerful women. I dont have issues with other fans' favorite characters until misinformation is used to denigrate the All-Goddess. However, thank you for always being polite and a friend beloved!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-30-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Inserting a bunch of characters who haven't even been in the run to get defeated by an evil galactic Wakandan slave army, only to be saved by regular Wakanda's slave army[of oppressed colonized animal/monster-people], isn't the kind of substantive representation I would like to see, but to each their own.

As for who is the best X-Woman, we already know this.

Attachment 107904
    I have to agree with you here. Like, what's the subtext of that? Everyone's a little imperialistic??? The former oppressed monster people he literally just retconed into existence... make it make sense.

Thank you for the kind words, bkyss! Yes, we are beloved Friends!

Also thanks for posting the poster, lol. Not that I did not believe you, but when you actually see the anger and hate it is like wow.

I never try to better a character by knocking down another one.

Unfortunately today, even with all this technology there is ignorance and hatred and such disrespect for others. (It even occurs on CBR too).
    But we keep it Fun and Friendly!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thank you for the kind words, bkyss! Yes, we are beloved Friends!

Also thanks for posting the poster, lol. Not that I did not believe you, but when you actually see the anger and hate it is like wow.

I never try to better a character by knocking down another one.

Unfortunately today, even with all this technology there is ignorance and hatred and such disrespect for others. (It even occurs on CBR too).
    But we keep it Fun and Friendly!

you're welcome phoenix!! (^_^)

yea I was kind of on the fence on whether I would share their tweet but then decided it probably wasn't fair to make an accusation with showing the evidence.

and agreed! as long as people are respectful we all can have fun in appreciating our faves!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post
    I have to agree with you here. Like, what's the subtext of that? Everyone's a little imperialistic??? The former oppressed monster people he literally just retconed into existence... make it make sense.
    yes. most nations in the world are lead by dictators, monarchs, king, queens, etc. That is why what the USA did government wise was known as the American experiment because it was trying something not typically shown by other nations which was giving voice and power to its citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Hater666 View Post

There's no way to make it make sense. We just have to ignore it and keep moving. Comics are like that sometimes.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes. most nations in the world are lead by dictators, monarchs, king, queens, etc.
    Monarchies represent only 44/194 UN recognized nation-states. So the vast majority of nations ARE NOT ruled by monarchs. Defining 'dictator' is a bit trickier(highly subjective).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    Idk until the xoffice blatantly references it and give her the feats it’s still kinda black panther fan fic at this point lol but fingers crossed , and I as well appreciate storms big push by marvel to being its top female character it’s what she deserves.
    I know there are some who feel that nothing done outside if the xiffice is valid and to me that is unfortunate as it is all 616. marvel released an encyclopedia where she is stared as a wakansa goddess too. however, Hickman in her giant size book did show her referring to herself as a goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Monarchies represent only 44/194 UN recognized nation-states. So the vast majority of nations ARE NOT ruled by monarchs. Defining 'dictator' is a bit trickier(highly subjective).

the initial question presented asked if people were a bit imperialistic. historically the answer to that question is yes. over the years people have fought against it but the desire man has to exhibit total rule over its citizens is very much in man's DNA. the trend towards fighting against is a recent one starting back as most recently as post world War II.

As of the end of 2017, 96 out of 167 countries with populations of at least 500,000 (57%) were democracies of some kind, and only 21 (13%) were autocracies. Nearly four dozen other countries – 46, or 28% – exhibited elements of both democracy and autocracy. Broadly speaking, the share of democracies among the world’s governments has been on an upward trend since the mid-1970s, and now sits just shy of its post-World War II record (58% in 2016).

source: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...re-democratic/

Thank you phoenix. It happens and I can't say I'm surprised by it. The xmen are known for their powerful women. I dont have issues with other fans' favorite characters until misinformation is used to denigrate the All-Goddess. However, thank you for always being polite and a friend beloved!!
    Stop...scratch head,,,wonder if this person has ever read the X-Men.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    lololol if they read the stories with storm in it they clearly believed she was there serving in the capacity of filling a quota.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    They probably have! That won't stop them.

I love Jean but I came to the XMEN in the 90s when Storm was even bigger than Wonder Woman. Only the FOX deal took her shine away and now we have Captain Marvel as the main Marvel woman, lol.

lololol if they read the stories with storm in it they clearly believed she was there serving in the capacity of filling a quota.
    Chris Claremont looking at the tweet

Some of us wait, some of us act.