Page 567 of 568 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568 LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 8518
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Me too. And I sort of want him and Vixen to start dating, because I read somewhere a while back that there was a plan a loooooooooooooooong time ago to have Black Lightning's wife Lynn be the sister of John Stewart. So there would have been Black Lightning, Green Lantern John Stewart, Lightning and Thunder in the same family...and if John and Vixen started dating (my personal wish, possibly) she could be an aunt-like figure to Thunder and Lightning. I think that would be a really cool concept, to have 5 superheroes in the same family. Move over, Fantastic 4!

But I don't think the "Lynn Stewart is John's sister" plan ever came to fruition (unless I'm mistaken).
    Do we know if John has any family members?

BANNED

Having John date someone within his own franchise makes it easier to translate that love interest into a Green Lantern Corps film.

I don't see Katma being brought back without significant retcons to her death.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    The New52 reestablished that he has a social activist mother and a sister. He had more family members appear in Mosaic. I think his family also appeared in his wedding issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well then I guess Wally should stop trying to reunite with Linda and go after Artemis instead.
    Difference is-that we have plenty of trades that show those two together.

Remember John with Kat-for the most part is not in trade including her eventual death.

John with Rose is not in trade.

Now is John bedding Carol in an Elseworlds Annual is in trade.

The only public thing is him with Hawkgirl and Vixen.

Well, if I'm to accept the logic that John Stewart and Hawkgirl should be a couple based on one popular cartoon, then the same thing should indeed be applied to Wally and Artemis, to Superboy and Miss Martian and whatever superhero romance that's been exclusive to outside media products.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Difference is-that we have plenty of trades that show those two together.

Remember John with Kat-for the most part is not in trade including her eventual death.

John with Rose is not in trade.

Now is John bedding Carol in an Elseworlds Annual is in trade.

The only public thing is him with Hawkgirl and Vixen.
    I mean, by that logic there are plenty of trades of John with Fatality and Kendra with Carter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Nooooo!!!!

Yeah I agree on the whole Hawkman thing. I don't want that to happen.

For John
    - Vicki Vale, Cat Grant or any strong female civilian character with a purpose in DCU
    - Vixen
    - Fire - She needs to be back anyway

I liked Hawkgirl back in JL days but those days are in the past.
    I'm open to Fire, given her friendship with Ice.

John & Guy are supposed to be best buds......

It would be an interesting dynamic if two Earth-bound heroines are dating two space-bound heroes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Having John date someone within his own franchise makes it easier to translate that love interest into a Green Lantern Corps film.

I don't see Katma being brought back without significant retcons to her death.
    DC has brought back several dead characters over the last 15 years, only to send them right back into limbo.

It's crazy Kat remains dead. She should have been brought back during Blackest Night.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    DC has brought back several dead characters over the last 15 years, only to send them right back into limbo.

It's crazy Kat remains dead. She should have been brought back during Blackest Night.
    They don't want to remind people that Carol murdered her.

Funny contrast to their policy with John and Xanshi.

Funny as well that Parallax was also a retcon for Hal's fall.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, if I'm to accept the logic that John Stewart and Hawkgirl should be a couple based on one popular cartoon, then the same thing should indeed be applied to Wally and Artemis, to Superboy and Miss Martian and whatever superhero romance that's been exclusive to outside media products.
    They've adapted other ideas and characters from outside material so having those pairings show up wouldn't be a big deal.

Extraordinary Member

They don't want to remind people that Carol murdered her.

Funny contrast to their policy with John and Xanshi.

Funny as well that Parallax was also a retcon for Hal's fall.
    Bringing Kat back would free Carol, imo. Kat and Carol should get clean slates. GL continuity is so weird. It has never been explained how Kat died (or who killed her) in a modern setting.

IIRC, Carol was possessed. Yet, if a possessed Carol did kill Kat, then John should have shown some concern when Ferris resumed the SS mantle.

Then, we had the stuff with Yrra being brainwashed into being a SS.

John lost two of his most prominent relationships to the SS crew.

Hell, John was made a SS.

A part of me thinks a UV Lantern John should wreck holy hell on the SS organization.

hahaha

The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    They've adapted other ideas and characters from outside material so having those pairings show up wouldn't be a big deal.
    Having John paired with Hawkgirl in the long term kinda destroys the central basis of the Hawkperson IP though. Hard to see a company doing that.

I would guess the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship from that show didn't carry over because it makes it more difficult to make the stories work editorially and blends the mythologies in a weird way, which you could also say about GL/HG.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 07-30-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Mighty Member

I would guess the Batman/Wonder Woman relationship from that show didn't carry over because it makes it more difficult to make the stories work editorially and blends the mythologies in a weird way, which you could also say about GL/HG.
    Actually, the Batman/Wonder Woman romance seemingly did carry over to the comics, as a subplot involving their romance was occurring in JLA simultaneously to the Justice League animated series's run.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers