Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1372

Are we getting to 100 pages before tomorrow? We can do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Are we getting to 100 pages before tomorrow? We can do it.
    The fact that this thread has not been closed its hilarious to me. But I suppose it is keeping all the anti krakoa sentiment in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The fact that this thread has not been closed its hilarious to me. But I suppose it is keeping all the anti krakoa sentiment in one place.
    People have been respectful to each other and even though it goes wildly off topic it pretty much self corrects and comes back on topic. You bring up a good point tho this basically been a general purpose Krakoa status quo topic I wonder why there isn't a Krakoa general purpose topic where all these things can be talked about it and all inevitable new "Krakoa is the devil" Krakoa is the evil empire" "Doesn't Krakoa seem like a cult" threads can be merge into it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And that's where you have to think outside of the comic and realize......TPTB in the X-Men editorial probably don't want them to get a lot of help from the superhero community. They want the story to be about the X-Men. They have have big enough cast to juggle without throwing in the Avengers, The Champions, Thor or whoever else you want to name. Plus you have to sometimes consider they have to coordinate with the creative staff for those other titles to see if you can use the characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Yes that always has been the problem for the X-office for many years it has worked as a world of itīs own with some interactions sometimes with the super hero community on other titles but imo even since the first Secret Wars story the X-men have been seen by other superheroīs as a kind of illegal millitia that isnīt truly trusted so it kind of makes sense that Krakoa isnīt being received with an open mind mentallity given most super heros donīt really know much about the x-men in a personal way imo. My guess is that Hickman is trying to change this by making the X-men take bold steps into being recognized outside the comfort zone of most world institutions and the superhero community and of course this will cause them to clash and fight on many things.
    And this is something that gets to me...more so in recent years. The different offices are like selfish children who don't want to share their toys.

The FF is the FF (Reed, Sue, Ben & Johnny) so unless it is a temp fill in like with She Hulk...I really don't see a mutant joining the team long term. But with Franklin...and maybe they could find out a neighbor on Yancy St is a mutant and be the ones to train him (or her) to use his (or her) powers.

The Avengers need to have mutants on the team. And deal with mutant issues. The Avengers responding to a mutant manifestation and locals are all freaking out. But Steve and a mutant team member (Firestar or Justice??) talk the kid down and bring him (or her) out safely and stand by the kids side in court saying this was not an attack...just a scared kid who had no idea what was going on and just needs help.

There are stories that could present a broader view of mutants in the MU if writers/editors were willing to do it...but they just aren't.

BANNED

uncanny avengers does need to be relaunced I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And this is something that gets to me...more so in recent years. The different offices are like selfish children who don't want to share their toys.

The FF is the FF (Reed, Sue, Ben & Johnny) so unless it is a temp fill in like with She Hulk...I really don't see a mutant joining the team long term. But with Franklin...and maybe they could find out a neighbor on Yancy St is a mutant and be the ones to train him (or her) to use his (or her) powers.

The Avengers need to have mutants on the team. And deal with mutant issues. The Avengers responding to a mutant manifestation and locals are all freaking out. But Steve and a mutant team member (Firestar or Justice??) talk the kid down and bring him (or her) out safely and stand by the kids side in court saying this was not an attack...just a scared kid who had no idea what was going on and just needs help.

There are stories that could present a broader view of mutants in the MU if writers/editors were willing to do it...but they just aren't.
    And they won't because of the same selfishness you mentioned. It's super frustrating, especially since the sheer scale, intensity and scope of the attacks mutants have seen would've absolutely gotten a response from any number of super teams. But because Marvel has allowed such events on the mutant side while not allowing the rest of the world to participate (or sometimes even acknowledge those events), it inadvertently makes good, upstanding characters look callous and uncaring. So when the inevitable X-Men vs [Insert Marvel Universe corner here] it's time for us to roll our eyes at the whole thing.

We'll see if Hickman can change this, but I doubt it. Something this ingrained would need to be forced through at every level at Marvel. Unfortunately a lot of X-fans have gotten used to the bizarrely isolated and bloated nature of the X-books, so this would be kind of unpopular.

BANNED

its also because most of the times the x-men cross over, its at the cost of their own stories to uplift the other proprieties, AvX is the most jaring example where our event saga that started in messiah complex got high jacked to promote the avengers.
    rogue joins the avengers and disapears from the x-books for a while, the x-men never get anything for their side when they cross over with the rest of the marvel universe.
    and quite honestly I just care about the x-men, I dont give a rat's ass about the rest of the marvel universe, so its a 2 for 1 unpleasent experience

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its also because most of the times the x-men cross over, its at the cost of their own stories to uplift the other proprieties, AvX is the most jaring example where our event saga that started in messiah complex got high jacked to promote the avengers.
    rogue joins the avengers and disapears from the x-books for a while, the x-men never get anything for their side when they cross over with the rest of the marvel universe.
    and quite honestly I just care about the x-men, I dont give a rat's ass about the rest of the marvel universe, so its a 2 for 1 unpleasent experience
    Ugh AvX is still a sore spot for me. Years of build up tossed away to promote the Avengers and what did we get for it our troubles? Bendis and Jason Aaron.

BANNED

Ugh AvX is still a sore spot for me. Years of build up tossed away to promote the Avengers and what did we get for it our troubles? Bendis and Jason Aaron.

For real, the best event cross overs in marvels period where we had shite like siege and fear itself, and all ruined so the phoenix needs buckets and spider man to control.
    show me a single x-men crossover that wasnt just to promote other proprieties, or an x-men joining another team? the only time it was somehow well handed was the absolutly lovely uncanny avengers vol 3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    And they won't because of the same selfishness you mentioned. It's super frustrating, especially since the sheer scale, intensity and scope of the attacks mutants have seen would've absolutely gotten a response from any number of super teams. But because Marvel has allowed such events on the mutant side while not allowing the rest of the world to participate (or sometimes even acknowledge those events), it inadvertently makes good, upstanding characters look callous and uncaring. So when the inevitable X-Men vs [Insert Marvel Universe corner here] it's time for us to roll our eyes at the whole thing.

We'll see if Hickman can change this, but I doubt it. Something this ingrained would need to be forced through at every level at Marvel. Unfortunately a lot of X-fans have gotten used to the bizarrely isolated and bloated nature of the X-books, so this would be kind of unpopular.
    Meh.
    The Avengers don't look anymore callous than the X-Men do for not getting involved in Avengers business.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    uncanny avengers does need to be relaunced I agree
    But without X-Men mutants...or at least long standing X-Mutants. Maybe Firestar and Box/Madison Jeffries. And not pushed as the "inclusion team" but as the best people for the job. Non-mutant, mutant, inhuman, AI....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But without X-Men mutants...or at least long standing X-Mutants. Maybe Firestar and Box/Madison Jeffries. And not pushed as the "inclusion team" but as the best people for the job. Non-mutant, mutant, inhuman, AI....
    Naw put Jean Grey on a team with Steve Rogers as a co leader.

Naw put Jean Grey on a team with Steve Rogers as a co leader.
    That's just weird.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullkid View Post
    Meh.
    The Avengers don't look anymore callous than the X-Men do for not getting involved in Avengers business.
    The Avengers are UN/US sanctioned(now they are Wakandan sanctioned) . It is literally their job to get involved basically they are official fire department. The X-men are equivalent of "volunteer firefighters" they can step up to help out but it is not their official job put out fires. Nobody gets mad at volunteer firefighter on their day off for not running to stop a fire. Aliens come to attack earth nobody is expecting the X-men to run out when Avengers are around. The Avengers can't go nah that is not our job but X-men and FF can do it.

So yes the Avengers do look more callous when they don't get involved, It is literally their job to protect the world.