Page 227 of 228 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228 LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3417
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Ant-Man and the Wasp should have opened in September in a less crowded environment. Too many smaller hits taking away box office from the movie. Even the juggernaut Incredibles 2 took a lot of biz away not to mention the less but still strong Jurassic. Not even sure if Ant-Man will surpass Solo on the domestic front.
    Doesn't need to. Solo was the most expensive SW movie ever. AM&TW was a much more modestly budgeted - by blockbuster standards - movie that has already surpassed the domestic total of the first film.

No one at Disney or Marvel is under any illusion that an Ant-Man film is going to blow the roof off the box office. If it's successful on its own terms, that's a win.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Given how far this has gotten Disney has to say SOMETHING on the matter.

This certainly puts Guardians 3 in limbo for now unless Disney can come to some MIDDLE GROUND in all of this/ I still believe that there has to be a compromise in someway for everyone to be happy.

Because even though DInsey had every right to fire him and how quickly they did it, doesn’t fully make them the good guys in all of this.

There has to be some middle ground in all of this, right. ?
    There should be. And as there's some reports saying that Gunn could be reinstated, we'll see.

The guy didn't deserve to be fired, although I understand that there's some battles that a corporation like Disney just doesn't want to fight so I'm sympathetic to their position.

But if Disney senses that there's enough groundswell of support for Gunn, among his colleagues and the public, and that there's some way to bring him back in a graceful way - like say that his salary, or some of the film's revenue, will go towards an appropriate charity - then it might happen.

The alt-right douchebags will squawk about it, of course, but fu*k 'em. Their outrage towards Gunn's old jokes is wholly insincere in the first place.

Doctor Strange 2 is coming
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-d...l-speculation/

I anticipate a November 6, 2020 release date for this film, four years after the first movie.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 08-01-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    With the merger, I don't know if we can 100% count on anything other than Spider-Man 2 and 3, Black Panther 2, and GoG3 at this point.
    Why do you expect changes within Marvel Studios? I haven't heard anything about even possible/potential changes to anything Marvel related, other than the Studio getting a couple IP's back from Fox.

Now, WB on the other hand, we've already seen a number of alterations there across the company. But I hadn't heard anything about Disney?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Strange 2 is coming
    https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-d...l-speculation/

I anticipate a November 6, 2020 release date for this film, four years after the first movie.
    Also looks like Derrickson is indicating he'll be returning as well (which I'm kind of mixed on).

Avengers: Infinity War - 23 New Secrets Revealed

The ones I thought were most interesting:

1. Thanos did beat Hulk on his own. No help from power stone.
    2. Valkyrie did survive. I think we had a conformation on this one before.
    3. Cap was supposed to show up way later in the movie initially, like not until Thanos arrives in Wakanda. And he will have a much bigger role in Avengers 4.
    4. Hulk wasn't SCARED to come out. He just isn't interested in defending Banner anymore, he's tired of Banner using him to get out of bad situations.
    5. Yes, it was the soul world.
    6. The snap damaged Thanos permanently.

Russos botched the "Hulk wasn't scared" thing. I can kind of see what they were trying ot do after the fact but in the movie it came off that he was scared 100%.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Why do you expect changes within Marvel Studios? I haven't heard anything about even possible/potential changes to anything Marvel related, other than the Studio getting a couple IP's back from Fox.

Now, WB on the other hand, we've already seen a number of alterations there across the company. But I hadn't heard anything about Disney?
    Huh?

With the merger, I don't know if we can 100% count on anything other than Spider-Man 2 and 3, Black Panther 2, and GoG3 at this point.

that is what I said. I am talking abotu movies/ips. Marvel Studio is getting access to very popular mutants (and not so popular F4 lol) and they might not be "content" with Ant-Man's profits when they can turn around and pump out Wolverine and company instead (plus need to make their money bank after spending billions).

SM, BP, and GoG are guaranteed to be unaffected by the merger thanks to ridiculous profits. Ant-Man doesn't have that protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also looks like Derrickson is indicating he'll be returning as well (which I'm kind of mixed on).
    Russos upp'd the game on what Strange is capable of (hell, Watiti did too). Derrickson will have to step his game up.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Russos botched the "Hulk wasn't scared" thing. I can kind of see what they were trying ot do after the fact but in the movie it came off that he was scared 100%.
    Agreed, but it doesn't really bother me either way.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Huh?

that is what I said. I am talking abotu movies/ips. Marvel Studio is getting access to very popular mutants (and not so popular F4 lol) and they might not be "content" with Ant-Man's profits when they can turn around and pump out Wolverine and company instead (plus need to make their money bank after spending billions).

SM, BP, and GoG are guaranteed to be unaffected by the merger thanks to ridiculous profits. Ant-Man doesn't have that protection.

Russos upp'd the game on what Strange is capable of (hell, Watiti did too). Derrickson will have to step his game up.
    I think now that "the rules" and origin have been established it frees them up to do a lot more experimentation and expansion of the concept. I'd really like to see Nightmare and Sleepwalker show up in the sequel.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think now that "the rules" and origin have been established it frees them up to do a lot more experimentation and expansion of the concept. I'd really like to see Nightmare and Sleepwalker show up in the sequel.
    I wanna see a long, high level, magic duel. Throwing spells at each other.

Like Dumbledoor vs Voldermort

but... better (aka book version)... and without Strange looking like a scared bitch the whole time (aka book version) lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-02-2018 at 07:10 AM.

BANNED

It's ok to not have everything spelled out. It's ok that different viewers can have different takes on what Hulk was feeling and what his motivations for not coming out were.

Huh?

As Disney/Marvel is already ok with having movies that make insane profits and others that are successful on a more modest level, especially when those more modest movies often are ones that contribute important pieces to the overall shared universe, I don't see that changing.

Huh?

Phase Four has already been planned out without the Fox characters. The X-Men and FF won't show up until at least 2024.

Ant-Man and the Wasp is underperforming but it's not a failure, we'll get an Ant-Man and the Wasp 2.

The thing is whether this is "an ant-man movie" or not like a lot of marvel fans try to justify it underperforming doesn't matter. It has a very similar budget to doctor strange and it's not coming close strange's box office numbers.

But it's not doing terrible either so I'm sure we'll get a third movie.

I wanna see a long, high level, magic duel. Throwing spells at each other.

Like Dumbledoor vs Voldermort

but... better (aka book version)... and without Strange looking like a scared bitch the whole time (aka book version) lol
    I think one of the "musts" for the sequel is definitely going to be a duel between Strange and Mordo.