Page 231 of 782 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331731 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 11718

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I don't know if I should be pleased or horrified." Held said dryly, barely suppressing a scowl. "I always got the impression Sarada was kind of a bi--"

The eyes of the Nevadian widened as he realized that he would be subjecting the impressionable youth to words that were perhaps a bit too brutish for her years. In an act of verbal dexterity, he nimbly avoided the faux paus.

"Big supporter of inter species cooperation, which is always a good thing, especially when you consider how against it Saiyans were in the past."

He breathed a sigh of relief. Crisis averted.

Jeez, how much has changed while I've been away? Next thing I'll learn is that Ochazuke has become President of Earth, or something....

"Still....Good for her. I didn't realize she was so big on titles, though."

....Now, the real question is.......Am I really going to bother with royal formalities with Sarada of all people? It just seems wrong.
    "I guess someone as old as she is has to act all grown up, like Meagan." Cyanna then smirked, "And I know what the word bitch means. I'm seventeen after all, practically an adult."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I guess someone as old as she is has to act all grown up, like Meagan." Cyanna then smirked, "And I know what the word bitch means. I'm seventeen after all, practically an adult."
    "You look pretty young." Held said, laughing as his attempt was so clearly seen through, "And I don't need your sister holding a grudge because I have a foul mouth."

I guess all the jobs I've taken these few months have that effect....I'll have to work on that.

The Nevadian smirked slightly as he realized a misunderstanding on the part of Cyanna.

"Also...I'm pretty sure Sarada is closer to your age, than me or Meagans. I mean, I never sat down and asked to see any Identification, but she wasn't older than Totoma, or atleast, if she was, not by that much."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "You look pretty young." Held said, laughing as his attempt was so clearly seen through, "And I don't need your sister holding a grudge because I have a foul mouth."

I guess all the jobs I've taken these few months have that effect....I'll have to work on that.

The Nevadian smirked slightly as he realized a misunderstanding on the part of Cyanna.

"Also...I'm pretty sure Sarada is closer to your age, than me or Meagans. I mean, I never sat down and asked to see any Identification, but she wasn't older than Totoma, or atleast, if she was, not by that much."
    "You think so?" Cyanna sounded surprised.

Meagan finally decides to join in the conversation, "Its' true. I'm fairly certain that Sarada is 17 also."

"She doesn't act like it."

With a laugh, "Oh, you should have seen her when we first met. Playing in the snow with Jack like two kids." Meagan smiled wistfully at that memory, "I think we were all far more innocent back then."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She smiles and lays a hand on his shoulder.

“It is always the task of those who are strong to protect the weak until they can get strong themselves, Ochazuke. Our world is a strong world, one filled with promise and hope and a will unbreakable. Humanity will bear this terrible weight because we can, because we must, and because in this case Vacado could not.”
    "From what little I have been privileged to witness out there, it is a sentiment that seems only to exist on this world," he replied. "Even the loftiest of those hailing from distant stars lower themselves to enacting the bloody justice of natural law when their sheltered, stagnant place reaches the cusp of change."

Evangeline's hand was soft where it fell, separate from the machine that once permeated her being. Confident words rendered a measure of hope in his mind, but the appeal to the fragile values of their mutual home did not reach his guarded heart.

"Vocado's matters are its own, and that the battle will happen here will come to pass. I would ask you to answer me straight, Guardian. Is this the threat you reached beyond your station to forsee?"

Her eyes went wide, and a faint blush was accompanied by a smile, "Zaofan, should'a known you'd be behind this feast." She walked over to him, "I missed you too. An you're looking more buff than ever, but are you any faster?" she playfully poked him in the chest.
    Zaofan smiles, warmly receiving Dash's friendship -- or at least, what he would code as friendship. "Well, funny you should mention that! Master Balon, Ochazuke, and I underwent a kind of training just for that. I'd love to show it to you, but you seem to have gotten stronger, too!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley watched Dash and Zaofan with a critical eye. Blushing was indicative of embarrassment, or more pertinent to this particular interchange, attraction. It was how she knew Avoca was more attracted to her than she wanted to let on, after all. That, plus the questioning that followed, indicated that this was the type of man that Dash wanted to mate with.

Given how ignorant Zaofan was, he likely had no idea.

She wondered if Dash approached him with an offer yet. If not, then she had better hurry. Men like this -- ones who could cook any type a dish a woman could ask for -- were among the first ones snatched up by ovulating females. Provided they were strong that was. Then again, strength was beginning to wane as a prerequisite, replaced by other qualities that would have been secondary or even tertiary.

She smiled to herself. "So, this is the kind of man you want to mate with. Buff and fast, I think you said your requirements were?" With men, one needed to be very blunt. Act coyly and they wouldn't get the message. At least with Saiyan men, anyway. Then again, they were very one-track-minded individuals.
    Taken aback, but still kind of flattered, Zaofan struggles to answer, but cannot.

Instead, all he can do is just stare at Dash.

Dash's back went straight and stiff at the sound of Parsley's voice. Turning to her quickly, stuttering slightly, "Don'tca talk like that. Zaofan and I are just friends, nothing more. Besides, he's ...." She calms down a little, "he's taken." Turning to Zaofan, looking embarrassed and ashamed, "Maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore." she then moved to the food and quickly grabbed a plate, then found a place to sit away from the others.
    "Yes. YES! Yes, I'm taken. Yes, that's it."

He clears his throat and reassures, "You know, we're friends, and we can make that distinction. Platonics, right? Let's be grown ups about it."

Zaofan then quietly turns to Parsley and smirks like an oopsie just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I see." Parsley sighed. She didn't know what taken meant, but given the context and embarrassment, she could gather it meant he already had a mate. Lucky woman. Or man, or whichever way this man swung.

Before she could say more, Dash gathered a plate and made a quick exit elsewhere. "Hm." It was clear as day she considered him more than a friend, even if he didn't see her that way. An easy fix. All she had to do was challenge his current mate to a fight, provided they weren't paired. If they weren't, then besting his woman would display her strength and attract him to Dash instead of whoever this other person was. It was the Saiyan way, and that was the best way. If a woman couldn't defeat her rivals and defend her pairing with her man, then she didn't deserve to have him.

Simple as that.

She would allow time to pass before approaching Dash with this good news.

"So, you're paired with someone?" she asked Zaofan.
    "Yes, her name is Etrina. Well, I say we're paired, but... we haven't seen each other in six months! We had always been busy, and... well..."

Zaofan suddenly realizes the passage of time, and what that can do to a person, or a relationship. Indeed, anything can happen, and the last thing Zaofan would want to be is inconsiderate. Especially of anyone he would be romantically involved with. He asks around, "For that matter, is she here? Has anyone seen her?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem, having nothing to say in retaliation for once stood speechless, looking around in bewilderment to see if anyone else heard Zaofan. "Well, Sasheem was gonna get another, but," the Majin finally said, turning to face the chef once more.

Sasheem raised an eyebrow in bewilderment once again before laughing along with Zaofan. "Yeah. It's a real knee-slapper, huh?"
    "Fine, Sasheem. You can have just two more, but make them count, alright? You know, for someone fighting to protect the planet, you talk alot about destroying it. Since when did your humor become all dry? You used to run around like a cartoon Tasmanian devil? Ah well, looking forward to fighting side by side with you again, buddy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan smiles, warmly receiving Dash's friendship -- or at least, what he would code as friendship. "Well, funny you should mention that! Master Balon, Ochazuke, and I underwent a kind of training just for that. I'd love to show it to you, but you seem to have gotten stronger, too!"

Taken aback, but still kind of flattered, Zaofan struggles to answer, but cannot.

He clears his throat and reassures, "You know, we're friends, and we can make that distinction. Platonics, right? Let's be grown ups about it."

"Yes, her name is Etrina. Well, I say we're paired, but... we haven't seen each other in six months! We had always been busy, and... well..."

Zaofan suddenly realizes the passage of time, and what that can do to a person, or a relationship. Indeed, anything can happen, and the last thing Zaofan would want to be is inconsiderate. Especially of anyone he would be romantically involved with. He asks around, "For that matter, is she here? Has anyone seen her?"

"Fine, Sasheem. You can have just two more, but make them count, alright? You know, for someone fighting to protect the planet, you talk alot about destroying it. Since when did your humor become all dry? You used to run around like a cartoon Tasmanian devil? Ah well, looking forward to fighting side by side with you again, buddy!"
    Glancing up at Zaofan, Dash realized that her problem should not get in the way of their friendship. "Girl," she thought to herself, "focus, focus on your goal. On what's important. Don't let'ca get caught up in all this relationship nonsense." She repeated that thought like a mantra until the embarrassment faded.

Finishing her food, she eventually stood up and headed back to Zaofan, to apologize.

Coming up behind him, Dash instead said, "You think your so fast? Then prove it. Zaofan, I challenge you to a race. A foot race. Ten miles, you chose the location."
    Last edited by Tami; 08-28-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Glancing up at Zaofan, Dash realized that her problem should not get in the way of their friendship. "Girl," she thought to herself, "focus, focus on your goal. On what's important. Don't let'ca get caught up in all this relationship nonsense." She repeated that thought like a mantra until the embarrassment faded.

Finishing her food, she eventually stood up and headed back to Zaofan, to apologize.

Coming up behind him, Dash instead said, "You think your so fast? Then prove it. Zaofan, I challenge you to a race. A foot race. Ten miles, you chose the location."
    Zaofan returns the offer with a wry smile. "Well, I can't say I'm one to ever turn down a challenge! Maybe we can head to the desert wastelands for some smooth terrain. That is, if you've learned how to fly yet?"

Zaofan returns the offer with a wry smile. "Well, I can't say I'm one to ever turn down a challenge! Maybe we can head to the desert wastelands for some smooth terrain. That is, if you've learned how to fly yet?"
    Levitating off the ground, "I can out fly you as sure as I can out run you." She smirked in a teasing, friendly sort of way. Returning the ground, "When ever you're ready."

Levitating off the ground, "I can out fly you as sure as I can out run you." She smirked in a teasing, friendly sort of way. Returning the ground, "When ever you're ready."
    His smile grows that much more. "Let's see if you live up to your name."

With just a small hop, a white energy aura explodes out Zaofan, briefly levitating him before he rockets off into the horizon, a white comet blazing through.

His smile grows that much more. "Let's see if you live up to your name."

With just a small hop, a white energy aura explodes out Zaofan, briefly levitating him before he rockets off into the horizon, a white comet blazing through.
    With a flair of Blue Aura energy, Dash takes off after him, looking like a blue comet with a rainbow color tail. With his head start, it took an effort to catch up, but catch up she did, following him to the wastelands.

With a flair of Blue Aura energy, Dash takes off after him, looking like a blue comet with a rainbow color tail. With his head start, it took an effort to catch up, but catch up she did, following him to the wastelands.
    The white aura dissipates as Zaofan's foot lightly taps the ground upon landing. "So, you really can fly, eh? You're a fast learner, it seems."

Taking out Bojack and stabbing the cracked ground, he removes his cape and ties it to the top. "So, a foot race, then, eh? I believe those rockwalls in the distance constitute a distance of 5 miles, or a 10 mile round trip. So, whoever tags those walls and comes back to my cape first, wins. Sound good?"

The white aura dissipates as Zaofan's foot lightly taps the ground upon landing. "So, you really can fly, eh? You're a fast learner, it seems."
    Landing gently next to him, "Sensei, Lady Reimi is one no-nonsense Mentor. She had me flying in no time."

Taking out Bojack and stabbing the cracked ground, he removes his cape and ties it to the top. "So, a foot race, then, eh? I believe those rockwalls in the distance constitute a distance of 5 miles, or a 10 mile round trip. So, whoever tags those walls and comes back to my cape first, wins. Sound good?"
    Looking at the rockwall, Dash nodded, "Sure, sounds good to me. Now no cheating." With that she winked at him and took off, the dust flying into a cloud behind her.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Parsley cut her gaze from Zaofan and Dash, completely mystified that they could possibly be embarrassed by something as natural as mating. She wondered briefly if the rest of their race was so easily embarrassed. "How strange that you choose this to become embarrassed by. Something so natural and necessary. Hm."

It was worth looking into. It was such a curious thing, and made her somewhat intrigued. Saiyans, by contrast, were so upfront and matter-of-fact about it that this seemed foreign by comparison.

It could wait, and likely would.

Zaofan confirmed that he was paired with someone named Etrina. The name rung a bell, but she couldn't connect a face to the name. He spoke fondly of her, so it was clear he cared about her to some degree. "Name sounds familiar. Whoever she is, she's lucky. Men who can cook as well as you can get snatched up quickly on my planet. She'd best keep an eye on you."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Looking at the rockwall, Dash nodded, "Sure, sounds good to me. Now no cheating." With that she winked at him and took off, the dust flying into a cloud behind her.
    Seeing her disappear into the distance, Zaofan crosses his arms, remarking to himself and only himself, "Huh, touche."

And with that, he takes off at best possible speed, a quick streak cutting through the dust cloud, pumping his legs until he catches up, turning his head to make sure his gaze meets the corner of her eye.

Just then, he pushes even further with this thighs, the ball of his foot digging even further into the ground, and he jets forward even more.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "From what little I have been privileged to witness out there, it is a sentiment that seems only to exist on this world," he replied. "Even the loftiest of those hailing from distant stars lower themselves to enacting the bloody justice of natural law when their sheltered, stagnant place reaches the cusp of change."

Evangeline's hand was soft where it fell, separate from the machine that once permeated her being. Confident words rendered a measure of hope in his mind, but the appeal to the fragile values of their mutual home did not reach his guarded heart.

"Vocado's matters are its own, and that the battle will happen here will come to pass. I would ask you to answer me straight, Guardian. Is this the threat you reached beyond your station to forsee?"
    She looks him in the eye and shakes her head.

“No. Jagam is part of it, but not all. There is another that I felt, one more distant. Beyond that even I could not know.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM