Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Underused Villains

Just thought I’d set up a quick thread, doing what the title suggests. What/who are some underused villains who have yet to be modernised or just simply don’t make appearances anymore?

One of my favourites is The Fury from Captain Marvel. Really surprised no ones ever really picked up on it and used it. It’d be cool seeing it up against Iron Man or even heavier-hitting heroes.

Some others -
    Count Nefaria
    The Hood (still believe he should have a solo title and abit of a revamp to get away from the overdone Bendis version)
    The Mole Man
    Sauron

#StevilDidNothingWrong
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Shellshock and Turner D Century - both Scourge victims but the latter was brought back from the dead - i have ideas to revamp both characters in entertaining ways

Turner should definitely be mentoring some kind of alt-right pseudo hipster incel budding gimmick villain. and they should introduce the "original" Shellshock who is actually some kind of Boba Fett figure from the Microverse who had been providing the Psycho-Man with a steady stream of test subjects but got arrested/imprisoned for awhile. Psycho-Man gave his gun and helmet to some Earth loser who went on to get killed by Scourge. the original would take his stuff back and become an active freelancer in the macroverse to reclaim his rep. he'd be very alien-looking beneath the costume; mostly fangs and tendril (like something you'd find at the bottom of the ocean or under a microscope).
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-12-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    #StevilDidNothingWrong
    he really didn't. i'd say that he was more committed to keeping 'Merica safe than the original Steve Rogers.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-12-2019 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    . . . One of my favourites is The Fury from Captain Marvel. Really surprised no ones ever really picked up on it and used it. It’d be cool seeing it up against Iron Man or even heavier-hitting heroes.
    The Fury? From Captain Marvel?

I can find someone (something?) called "The Fury"
    who fought Captain Britain (using the GCD search function),

but which Fury / which Captain Marvel are you referring to?

D’oh! I meant Captain Britain. That is The Fury I meant.

Some of these guys are around but just aren't used nearly as much as they should/could be:

Flag-Smasher
    Blastaar
    Diablo
    Mr. Fear
    Ulik
    Red Ghost
    Leader
    Jester
    Umar
    U-Man
    Baron Blood
    Stegron
    Attuma
    Oddball
    The Eye
    Swarm
    Basilisk
    Mr. Hyde
    Blackwing
    Dr. Demonicus
    Scarecrow

Extraordinary Member

Everyone, all villains aren't used enough.

How Mr Fear never returned in the pages of Daredevil after what he did to Milla really baffles me. Always expected some sort of rematch and victory for Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    How Mr Fear never returned in the pages of Daredevil after what he did to Milla really baffles me. Always expected some sort of rematch and victory for Matt.
    He won. There's nothing in it for him to revisit; unless he just wants to get beaten near to death.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He won. There's nothing in it for him to revisit; unless he just wants to get beaten near to death.
    That would be viscerally satisfying after all he did. That said, speaking of underused villains, how about the ones who just want relative security and comfort and don't actually want to take over the world and/or burn it to a crisp? Seems all too often we get either super-ambitious or super-psychopathic villains who want to either conquer the world or just kill as many people as they can get their hands on.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be viscerally satisfying after all he did. That said, speaking of underused villains, how about the ones who just want relative security and comfort and don't actually want to take over the world and/or burn it to a crisp? Seems all too often we get either super-ambitious or super-psychopathic villains who want to either conquer the world or just kill as many people as they can get their hands on.
    Agreed. It'd be great to see the Wrecking Crew appear in a book where they're the actual threat, not a side note for the heroes to defeat before the actual story/threat kicks in.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Agreed. It'd be great to see the Wrecking Crew appear in a book where they're the actual threat, not a side note for the heroes to defeat before the actual story/threat kicks in.
    That would be pretty cool. I could even see an event where the Wrecking Crew organizes the other "working stiffs" of the supervillain community as a syndicate that proves they can and should be taken seriously even if they're not aspiring world-conquerors or world-enders.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be pretty cool. I could even see an event where the Wrecking Crew organizes the other "working stiffs" of the supervillain community as a syndicate that proves they can and should be taken seriously even if they're not aspiring world-conquerors or world-enders.
    Yeah, totally. The Wrecker could be a good Marvel equivalent of how Captain Cold is written with the Rogues these days. Head of the blue collar bad guys.

Moses Magnum. Why he's never been reinvented as Black Panther's archenemy is beyond me.