Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I loved 2012 but it had a good, long, run. I'm not entirely sold on this take yet but I'll definitely check it out to see what it's like.
    Hey, just because it ended naturally doesn't mean I wanted it to end at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ralph and Mikey lose their signature weapons but Don's bo staff become more dangerous. I don't understand.
    I very much appreciated the 2012 series for adding a switchblade to Donnie's bo, turning it into a naginata. Same with Mikey's nunchunks turning into a pair of kusarigama.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I very much appreciated the 2012 series for adding a switchblade to Donnie's bo, turning it into a naginata. Same with Mikey's nunchunks turning into a pair of kusarigama.
    I thought that was a better and more clever way of updating their weapons then just foregoing them entirely like we seem to be here to some degree.

From the press release I found...

The Turtles’ hold distinct personality traits and skills, including: Raphael, as the oldest and biggest brother, he is the leader full of enthusiasm and bravado; Leonardo, the self-professed ‘coolest’ brother possesses irreverent charm and a rebel heart; Donatello, a mechanical genius and tech wizard whose ninja skills are second only to his coding; and Michelangelo, the youngest brother, a skateboarder and artist who is wild and imaginative.
    Basically Leo and Raph don't sound anything like the character we used to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

Why not make Mikey the smart one and Donnie the joker then? Come on ... argh.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Turtles and Splinter look very ugly.

April looks okay, though. She's black in the new show, which is funny because, as any classic TMNT comics fan will tell you, she was originally drawn as racially ambiguous in the earliest comics. I've heard people say she looked everything from black to half-black/half-white to Latina to Greek etc. etc. etc. Apparently Kevin Eastman's said she was based on his girlfriend at the time (who was black)?

Im fine with Raph as leader...because its kinda fresh...but they lost me when they took his sais away
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that whoever wrote that got Leo and Raph's names mixed up. Just switch those two around and that's (mostly) the characters to a T.

Like, I get it (but don't like it) if it was a Wolverine and the X-Men type deal, where the hot headed angry anti-hero becomes the central protagonist while the leader takes a step back, but then the show would have to realize there's a difference between the star of the show, and the leader of the show.

I don't know about that, but Raph is the biggest of them. They actually made all the turtles different types of turtles this time. (Which I admit is an interesting idea.)

Raph gets to be a snapping turtle.

I'm curious to see how they handle Leo and Raph in this, given their traditional roles in the franchise are generally so ingrained into their characters that flipping said roles could make them very different characters.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    to be fair, when was the last "good" Transformers series?
    Both Transformers Animated (2007-2009) and Transformers Prime (2010-2013) were fantastic. They both are fan favorite series held in largely high regard for the way they incorporated fresh new ideas while remaining reverent and true to the spirit and history of Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Both Transformers Animated (2007-2009) and Transformers Prime (2010-2013) were fantastic. They both are fan favorite series held in largely high regard for the way they incorporated fresh new ideas while remaining reverent and true to the spirit and history of Transformers.
    Yup actually come to think of it when was the last all the way bad transformers show?
    Last edited by choptop; 02-01-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    First that Transformers Cyberverse turd and now... this!
    Are they that hellbent to lobotomise us?
    Is Transformers Cyberverse even out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Yup actually come to think of it when was the last all the way bad transformers show?
    Energon ?
    Is Transformers Cyberverse even out yet?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Energon ?

Nope.
    So how can Minerboh say it's bad?

BANNED

So how can Minerboh say it's bad?
    How can you say it's good?