Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Seriously? What the hell?

Ugggghhhhh, should had seen that coming given how the winter storm was dealt in....The way it was dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Seriously? What the hell?

Ugggghhhhh, should had seen that coming given how the winter storm was dealt in....The way it was dealt.
    Sad thing is, punishing all those responsible has been swept under the rug like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    our "beloved" governor decided the best way to get over how he handled the winter storm is to get rid of the mask mandate for texas. meaning, no one has to wear a mask anymore.

sigh.
    Many states are gradually relaxing the restrictions, even though they are being told not to. But Texas just had to jump the gun.

Just stay safe, everyone.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, that's definitely the word there, exaggerated. Not to mention the showrunners showing some blatant bias towards characters regardless of the books portrayal as they frankly admit they just don't understand said characters at all.

...Like having one of the series best military commanders getting his army crippled by 20 men cause they admit they don't like Stannis freaking Baratheon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Ah, I only have the show for reference. Never read the books.

In the show, Stannis’ main characteristics seem to just be: i) Killed his brother who also wanted the throne, therefore must be evil for some reason; ii) becomes a complete moron around Melisandre.

Yeah, the Dresden show is like if the makers of Murder She Wrote decided to do grim and gritty, so took a rejected Buffy script, removed all the humour and characterisation, then produced it with minimal budget, minimal direction, and with Terrence Mann playing Bob like a bad Tim Curry impersonator.
    Yeah, Stannis in the books is honestly complicated but nowhere near what the show decided to portray him as. Stannis honestly is one tough son of a bitch, not this guy with the moral durability of glass.
    Nobody is making want to watch either of these shows, and I'm glad I've missed them before now.

Sorry about Texas, everyone. 'Deflection by way of costing lives' seems to be a thing among Right-Wing politicians these days.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nobody is making want to watch either of these shows, and I'm glad I've missed them before now.
    To be fair, the two shows aren’t comparable.

GoT is actually a very good show. It’s just maybe deviated a little in certain aspects...?

Certainly there’s some great characterisation / character arcs for non-Stannis characters. Tyrion, Jaime, Bronn, Samwell, Arya, Theon, Brienne, Varys and the Hound are probably the standouts (at least for me).

But like I said - I’ve never read the books.

Dresden Files tv show is... significantly less good.

Now that Abyss Rage has ended I wonder what the author’s next work will be?

Also my coach is going for the American Log Press record soon. I hope he gets it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    GoT is actually a very good show. It’s just maybe deviated a little in certain aspects...?

Certainly there’s some great characterisation / character arcs for non-Stannis characters. Tyrion, Jaime, Bronn, Samwell, Arya, Theon, Brienne, Varys and the Hound are probably the standouts (at least for me).
    GoT is fun, and the first few seasons do follow the book rather faithfully, though with some exaggeration as noted.

When they do deviate because there are no more books to base anything on things get a bit wild but they still overall managed to give us an entertaining series. The last three episodes though kinda screwed up everything I'd say, the first three episodes of the last season were amazing, to me, but the last three... were not.

Close Enough has been renewed for seasons three and four. Yes!

Man, gaslighting is just becoming a thing these days, even on Rumbles. *mind boggles*
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I see you all in that thread, trying to get the dude to listen to logic.

I see you.

Speaking from experience, good luck with that. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I see you.

I've had a long day down on the data cleansing ranch, I'll at least try and get him to provide feats as a method of blowing off steam.

I see you.

What thread is this?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've had a long day down on the data cleansing ranch, I'll at least try and get him to provide feats as a method of blowing off steam.
    I've been trying that since he showed up. The problem is, even when he actually gives feats, he flat-out misrepresents them (as noted in the thread by yours truly, with scans provided to show this).

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    What thread is this?
    It's closed now; shouldn't be hard to find. ^_^ It's really an unenjoyable trainwreck of a heavily biased poster repeating their misrepresented points over and over again, even in the face of scanned evidence to the contrary.

...has Cyttorak in it...
    Why are we here?

Ah, god characters often get very vehement fans.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ah, god characters often get very vehement fans.
    ...valid point.
    Why are we here?