Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1723

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Arrowverse can be 50/50 when it comes to characterization or handling people from the comics, so it might be a blessing in disguise that Hal's not in it.
    that's probably true, but i still hope they take notice. and hal doesn't even have to be in costume.

Extraordinary Member

The Arrowverse can be 50/50 when it comes to characterization or handling people from the comics, so it might be a blessing in disguise that Hal's not in it.
    I totally agree. I'd hate for the WB to mess up Hal's character. I get the feeling we'd get the Dennis O'Neil version, or the dumb frat boy version. I fear they would go extreme, instead of nuance.

Although, I think Guy & Kyle would flourish on the WB. I think Guy would be a break out character; he'd keep you guessing every week.

Hal is too good for prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I totally agree. I'd hate for the WB to mess up Hal's character. I get the feeling we'd get the Dennis O'Neil version, or the dumb frat boy version. I fear they would go extreme, instead of nuance.

Although, I think Guy & Kyle would flourish on the WB. I think Guy would be a break out character; he'd keep you guessing every week.

Hal is too good for prime time.
    what might work is having the jli guest star in legends of tomorrow.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the comedy drama set-up for the JLI works well on prime time, imo.

Considering "Arrow" Ollie's personality, how would Hal even act as a counterpoint? They wouldn't exactly recreate the Hard Traveling Heroes dynamic. Maybe Hal would have to be the "easy-going" one who's brave and heroic but can also let his hair down and not take things so seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Considering "Arrow" Ollie's personality, how would Hal even act as a counterpoint? They wouldn't exactly recreate the Hard Traveling Heroes dynamic. Maybe Hal would have to be the "easy-going" one who's brave and heroic but can also let his hair down and not take things so seriously?
    That seems too much of a task for the CW to get right. My guess is that if they ever decided to introduce Hal, he'd probably be the dumbed down version. I would rather not see him if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that's probably true, but i still hope they take notice. and hal doesn't even have to be in costume.
    I don't know if I want to see a live-action Hal if he's not Green Lantern.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Off-hand I think Hal would probably be the more fun and down-to-Earth guy who counterpoints Arrow Ollie basically being Batman with a bow and arrow.

So kind of like how Hal and Bruce are except without the constant animosity.

(Although they would definitely dumb him down to make him less effective and need help. Just look at how they write Barry).

(Although they would definitely dumb him down to make him less effective and need help. Just look at how they write Barry).
    Jeez, they even had Ollie call Barry out on not being able to get the job done without his team. Few things aggravate me more as a fan than writers who purposely make someone look bad in order to prop other characters and then have those characters mock said character for being ineffective. It's such garbage writing. Due to his power level, they would make someone like Hal look like crap in those shows, both from a visual and character standpoint.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-13-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Jeez, they even had Ollie call Barry out on not being able to get the job done without his team. Few things aggravate me more as a fan than writers who purposely make someone look bad in order to prop other characters and then have those characters mock said character for being ineffective. It's such garbage writing. Due to his power level, they would make someone like Hal look like crap in those shows, both from a visual and character standpoint.
    Agreed. Flash is the LAST character who should have 'a team'. He's just too fast for them to be effective. They can't spend 2 minutes explaining how to do something when he would have already had it DONE in 3 seconds. All those conversations while he's running across town should barely have started before he reaches his destination....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Agreed. Flash is the LAST character who should have 'a team'. He's just too fast for them to be effective. They can't spend 2 minutes explaining how to do something when he would have already had it DONE in 3 seconds. All those conversations while he's running across town should barely have started before he reaches his destination....
    These days it feels like the only way people know how to write a supporting cast is to have them actively involved in the hero's Superhero life to the point where they can't solve problems or beat bad guys without them.

These days it feels like the only way people know how to write a supporting cast is to have them actively involved in the hero's Superhero life to the point where they can't solve problems or beat bad guys without them.
    Truth!

I still hate Iris with a passion. She is entirely too propped up for what she brings to the table. In a group of super powered demigods, inventors and scientists..... Part time blogger who's dad is a cop REALLY doesn't qualifier for... anything. And to go from 'equal voice' to 'de facto leader'... just irks me.

Green Lantern The Animated Series coming to DC Universe in January - https://www.blogofoa.com/2018/12/gre...n-january.html

Excellent! Nice to see that it was the most requested show! (of the ones they didn't already have, obviously )

Mighty Member

It's probably unlikely that its popularity will earn it a second season but I can dream!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Truth!

I still hate Iris with a passion. She is entirely too propped up for what she brings to the table. In a group of super powered demigods, inventors and scientists..... Part time blogger who's dad is a cop REALLY doesn't qualifier for... anything. And to go from 'equal voice' to 'de facto leader'... just irks me.
    What do you mean? Don't you know that "We are the Flash"
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake