Page 94 of 662 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 9921
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Young Ro from Ororo before the Storm is in the promotional image, I wonder what it means!
    I feel like a Retcon is coming in regards to the X-Men History. I find it odd that only classic and old versions of the character are used in the promotional pics, but not current ones.

And what makes me think of retconned is the many references of C.B. and Hickman saying they will be writing and retelling major points of X-Men history. That smells like a retcon to me. Am I the only one that thinks this?????

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Why does Marvel keep reminding me about that damn mohawk.
    It’s such an abomination. Lol

I feel you...

Because they think it was iconic and would have us believe that the "majority of Storm fans loved it". It is the worse hairstyle ever.

I wonder how many years we'll have to wait in order to get a writer willing to explore the ramifications of Ororo new status following the fight with the Adversary in Wakanda.....please don't tell me they are just going to ignore it
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-24-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I wonder how many years we'll have to wait in order to get a writer willing to explore the ramificatons of Ororo new status following the foght with the Adversary in Wacanda.....plese don't tell me they are just going to ignore it
    I don't have much confidence in the X-office to properly handle/portray Storm's new powers/status. And if they do, y'all know its probably just gonna be more Lightning Lass.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I don't have much confidence in the X-office to properly handle/portray Storm's new powers/status. And if they do, y'all know its probably just gonna be more Lightning Lass.
    I wonder how many years we'll have to wait in order to get a writer willing to explore the ramifications of Ororo new status following the fight with the Adversary in Wakanda.....please don't tell me they are just going to ignore it
    I think the X-Office are falling asleep on this. They have too much stuff going on. They probably forgot or don’t have time. I HOPE HICKMAN does Storm some Justice. I REALLY DO.

BANNED

I forgot to mention this, but I REALLY HATE THE Hulk. And maybe it’s because I’m just salty about it, but here’s why.

I was reading Avengers No Road Home and the freaking Hulk gets ANOTHER freaking power up. He breaks the Shard of Nyx(I believe) a greek Goddess of Night. And he gains the power of darkness or some bullshit. And he is going to fight her.

It’s time for me to rant and B#%* Now:
    How in the SAM’S HELL is that fair and needed????? The freaking Hulk as is is ALREADY powerful in his own book. He already was given an upgrade in power. AND it’s established the Hulk can no longer die. What MORE DOES THE HULK NEED??? But WE have to scratch and claw TOOTH to mother%#*ing Nail, JUST for Storm OF ALL people to be a Goddess and people STILL can’t accept that???

C’mon man. I’m starting to hate Marvel writers. It’s the same damn people new upgrades boring character. *sigh* this ain’t fair honestly not fair at all. Ok I’m done B#%ing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I forgot to mention this, but I REALLY HATE THE Hulk. And maybe it’s because I’m just salty about it, but here’s why.

I was reading Avengers No Road Home and the freaking Hulk gets ANOTHER freaking power up. He breaks the Shard of Nyx(I believe) a greek Goddess of Night. And he gains the power of darkness or some bullshit. And he is going to fight her.

It’s time for me to rant and B#%* Now:
    How in the SAM’S HELL is that fair and needed????? The freaking Hulk as is is ALREADY powerful in his own book. He already was given an upgrade in power. AND it’s established the Hulk can no longer die. What MORE DOES THE HULK NEED??? But WE have to scratch and claw TOOTH to mother%#*ing Nail, JUST for Storm OF ALL people to be a Goddess and people STILL can’t accept that???

C’mon man. I’m starting to hate Marvel writers. It’s the same damn people new upgrades boring character. *sigh* this ain’t fair honestly not fair at all. Ok I’m done B#%ing. :-)
    the Hulk is the biggest "self insert" of all comic history, he just cannot be allowed to lose if not momentarily, to think that now they are trying to pass gamma radiation as magical left me speechless.......
    Regarding No road home writing : apparently the new villain was able to kill and wipe out the entire greek pantheon but somehow Nyx is unanle to defeat even a single avenger.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

the Hulk is the biggest "self insert" of all comic history, he just cannot be allowed to lose if not momentarily, to think that now they are trying to pass gamma radiation as magical left me speechless.......
    Regarding No road home writing : apparently the new villain was able to kill and wipe out the entire greek pantheon but somehow Nyx is unanle to defeat even a single avenger.
    Exactly. I’m just c’mon!!! The hypocrisy is strong with Marvel. I at the point I just give up, sooner or later the Hulk will be Multiversal and Storm is still stuck as the way she is. -_-

Exactly. I’m just c’mon!!! The hypocrisy is strong with Marvel. I at the point I just give up, sooner or later the Hulk will be Multiversal and Storm is still stuck as the way she is. -_-
    the only way to win against Hulk is not to play, the game is always rigged in his favor, i always ignore him in the comics, his powerset can be overcome on paper by skillful use of ranged powers but the meta-plot-armor ?....well that's on the writer

BANNED

the only way to win against Hulk is not to play, the game is always rigged in his favor, i always ignore him in the comics, his powerset can be overcome on paper by skillful use of ranged powers but the meta-plot-armor ?....well that's on the writer
    The only way to beat Hulk is to drain his Gamma Energy. And their are only a handful of people that have that ability Silver Surfer included. Your right fighting the Hulk is very much rigged in his favor you can’t win or hurt him. In fact he’s heavily pro texted by Plot. I used to like him, but now he’s gotten so ridiculous I get annoyed everytime I see him. Same as Wolverine. It’s not even about if or can Storm can beat the Hulk. It’s about why are we giving powerful characters such as the Hulk so much upgrades and extra boost in power when he doesn’t need it.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-24-2019 at 04:13 PM.

The only way to beat Hulk is to drain his Gamma Energy. And their not many people who have the ability to Drain Energy. Either exception of Silver Surfer and a small handful. Your right fighting the Hulk is very much rigged in his favor you can’t win or hurt him. I used to like him, but now he’s gotten so ridiculous I’m cool off him. It’s not even about if Storm can beat the Hulk. It’s why are we giving powerful character so much upgrades and extra boost in power???
    well i don't want to monopolize the thread but I consider other avenue to deal with him (other than gamma radiation absorption): spatial and temporal displacement, lack of gravity, kinetic energy manipulation or conversion, body swaps, turn him permanently intangible, total sensory deprivation etc etc, as for stom she just have to keep distance and get him off the ground for starters then imagination is the limit, hit his equilibrium (eardrums battering), manipulation of the electricity in the brain, very extreme cold can do numbers on organic and inorganic matter (it's just physics) ....

BANNED

well i don't want to monopolize the thread but I consider other avenue to deal with him (other than gamma radiation absorption): spatial and temporal displacement, lack of gravity, kinetic energy manipulation or conversion, body swaps, turn him permanently intangible, total sensory deprivation etc etc, as for stom she just have to keep distance and get him off the ground for starters then imagination is the limit, hit his equilibrium (eardrums battering), manipulation of the electricity in the brain, very extreme cold can do numbers on organic and inorganic matter (it's just physics) ....
    Actually those are good ways to effectively beat him. In regards for Storm I’d say Turn his Brain Off. It won’t kill him, but it will stop the fight he’ll get back up later on. But your right Storm has Range and Distance than he does. The only way he can touch her is if he does a Gamma Burst or Thunder Clap. Anyway, I just think it’s Dumb Marvel continues to increase specific characters powers to the 10th degree when they are already powerful as is.

I love the Hulk and he is one of my favorite characters. The current series has been pretty good and has portrayed Hulk's powers well. I've always expressed a desire to have more Storm + Hulk team-ups. Both of them possess a ton of power but it manifests in completely different ways. I also think some Storm + Banner talks would be interesting. I can see the two of them having talks about the pressures of attempting to maintain control of their emotions at all times.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!