Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Hmm. Seems like I have the same opinion as plenty of others on here.

Definitely intrigued. We'll have to wait and see.

(And some weren't gonna like it whatever)
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 01-27-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I don't know if I like the suits they were wearing but that was actually a damn good trailer. I want to see this.
    Yeah, I'm not sure about the suits but the trailer does look ok.

I still need a little more info to decide if I will see it though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    It reminded me of the teaser for Star Trek 2009, which is not a feeling I was hoping for.
    hmmm interesting that was exactly what i was hoping for. as this trailer for the 09 trek film got me more pumped than i could imagine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJszxnJydA
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 01-27-2015 at 08:10 AM.

BANNED

It looks to be meeting my expectations so far, which are for a good movie (period) but a bad Fantastic Four movie.

Great teaser! Looking forward to this, based on its own merits....tho I'd love to see it succeed because of the hilarious fan-boy rage. If ever a property, as much as I love and respect it, needed a fresh, new take, FF is it. Cant wait to see the final product.

Looks great.

Astonishing Member

The more I think about it, the more I realize that my expectations must have been dreadfully low for this film, because I'm substantially more optimistic now that we've seen something.

BANNED

Looks horrible. Glad the trailer confirms just how bad it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She is equal to Reed, he was the scientist and cut off from the outside world in a way. She was always grounded and level headed, alot of the time you wonder why she isn't the leader. I don't like her being a scientist, I would of prefered if she was a doctor or surgeon.
    Susan working as a doctor in a medical department, though noble, is very cliché imo... so many movies or tv shows where the female protagonist is a nurse, or a doctor...sigh.
    I like Susan being a scientist (if it's confirmed), as a female engineer, it speaks to me much more than her being a medical worker.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 01-27-2015 at 08:30 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Still up in the air...the look of it is great...not sure about the tone or anything else based on that very quick peek...doesn't tell us much about it.

On the plus side, Miles Teller is a great actor (I'm sold on this kid after seeing Whiplash), Kate Mara is good...Michael B. Jordan is good...so that's three positive things. That said...could be that they are a trio of talented actors trapped in a train wreck of a film.

I think this looks really good and is really promising.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

Trailer looks great. Definitely a change of tone from the last set of films, but they're kinda in a lose/lose situation there. If they make them similar they'll get cries of IT'S JUST THE SAME THING AS BEFORE but if they try to make it unique and different they'll get the WHY ARE THEY CHANGING EVERYTHING complaint.

this trailer looks really good
    I'm surprised at how this movie seems to not be a total trainwreck

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    Still up in the air...the look of it is great...not sure about the tone or anything else based on that very quick peek...doesn't tell us much about it.

On the plus side, Miles Teller is a great actor (I'm sold on this kid after seeing Whiplash), Kate Mara is good...Michael B. Jordan is good...so that's three positive things. That said...could be that they are a trio of talented actors trapped in a train wreck of a film.
    That is possible, but I hope that's not the case. The only benefit of it failing would be Marvel getting the rights back to the FF's corner.

Mind you Marvel still has a lot of mythos that they can explore not related to the FF, so I'm fine if Fox keeps the rights, so long as they make a good film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teamhawkeyes View Post
    Trailer looks great. Definitely a change of tone from the last set of films, but they're kinda in a lose/lose situation there. If they make them similar they'll get cries of IT'S JUST THE SAME THING AS BEFORE but if they try to make it unique and different they'll get the WHY ARE THEY CHANGING EVERYTHING complaint.
    Theres a simple way to win. Rather than make it similar or different than the first set of films, make it like the source material.