Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Bleeding Cool keeps posting rumors that Old 52 characters are supposed to pop up in 2015

Do you want the old Superman back?

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I tend to think a lot of fans exaggerate the differences between New and Old 52. I also tend to think people who say they want Old 52 back basically are asking for specific and concrete things such as bringing back the Kents, restoring his marriage to Lois, having him back at the Daily Planet (which might happen anyway), and (of course) his old costume. I'll take the costume back. Getting rid of the Kents is kind of morbid, but that also means no more relying on getting a pep talk from mom and dad unless you want to cheat like it's a centennial Spider-man issue and having Supes talk to ghosts.

EDIT: I'm okay if they still want to show scenes when Clark got advice from Ma and Pa, but keep those as flashbacks. One of the benefits of doing that is that it shows that the lessons they taught him actually stuck around for years. Just please, no more rehashes of Lois & Clark when he flies home dials them at the first sign of personal problems.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 06-13-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I tend to think a lot of fans exaggerate the differences between New and Old 52. I also tend to think people who say they want Old 52 back basically are asking for specific and concrete things such as bringing back the Kents, restoring his marriage to Lois, having him back at the Daily Planet (which might happen anyway), and (of course) his old costume. I'll take the costume back. Getting rid of the Kents is kind of morbid, but that also means no more relying on getting a pep talk from mom and dad unless you want to cheat like it's a centennial Spider-man issue and having Supes talk to ghosts.

EDIT: I'm okay if they still want to show scenes when Clark got advice from Ma and Pa, but keep those as flashbacks. One of the benefits of doing that is that it shows that the lessons they taught him actually stuck around for years. Just please, no more rehashes of Lois & Clark when he flies home dials them at the first sign of personal problems.
    I don't want the Post-Crisis Superman back, but I wouldn't mind tweaks to the New 52 Superman. I also don't want the marriage back, at least not right away or in the same way. I was always okay and actually excited to see the Lois and Clark love story -- the courtship, engagement, marriage etc. -- told all over again in a new way. Finally, Clark getting pep talks from his parents is not a good reason to kill them off. It's like Lois being a damsel in distress or frustration with her being on the outside because of the secret. Those aren't givens. I'm sure plenty of the independent adults on this forum have parents who are alive and well, but who they don't rely on for advice constantly. Clark in Smallville and in Man of Steel both still have their mothers. In Smallville's case, Clark loves his mother and is close to her, but they don't see each other a lot. Plus, Martha's super busy being her own awesome self as a United States Senator. It's also clear that he carries the lessons of his childhood with him even though Martha is still alive; there are flashbacks, too.If something like Lois as a damsel or Clark getting pep talks is irritating, just don't write it. So, I'd love if Martha Kent returned to the New 52, actually, and I wonder if that little change would impact his characterization (i.e. tweak it) in a way that would be satisfying for me.

Astonishing Member

Lol I'm so done with DC if post-crisis Superman returns. I only started reading DC again a few years ago because they announced the reboot.

If this means more Byrne/JMS style Superman, then I'm not interested.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

What we're likely going to see, is an introduction of an alternate Earth in the current Mutliverse that resembles the Pre-New 52 Earth 0. That's how these encounters will take place.

In that case, no, I wouldn't mind seeing a counterpart of Superman like his pre-New 52 self. Its not like he's going to be sticking around anyway.

Further, with this being considered a "love letter" type of story, I'm starting to suspect that the real reason for introducing this Earth in the first place will be to show that Earth in a state in which would be tantamount to definitive "ends" for those characters' journeys, things that we never got to see before Flashpoint erased post-Crisis/IC continuity.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.

BANNED

Haha no thank you.

Let's move forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Haha no thank you.

Let's move forwards.
    This, I have no interest in seeing things go back to how they were back then
    We need better comics

Bronze-age Superman? Yes, please. Flashpoint era? Not so much.

BANNED

I think Morrison did it in his Action comics run...

If what BC said is true, we will see some supermen from multiverse, maybe some pre new 52

BANNED

I would like to see the old Superman show up and wonder who this kid is that calls himself Superman.

BANNED

Didn't we already have a sort of proto-meeting with New 52 Superman and a Superman resembling Post-Crisis in the opening arc of Batman/Superman anyway?

I want Smallville's Superman to meet another canon version of himself. In the current Season 11 arc, "Chaos," he and Lois are visiting different Earths in the multiverse as their universe is headed toward a Crisis. So, I'd find it cool if any of his proper comic incarnations came across him (or him and Lois) and be interested to see what their reactions would be.

BANNED

Post-Crisis Superman? No way. The real Superman from 1938-1986? Of course, but who besides Morrison is qualified to write him? All I can think of is Waid, and he's not at DC, and Bates and Maggin, but they are not active unfortunately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    I want Smallville's Superman to meet another canon version of himself. In the current Season 11 arc, "Chaos," he and Lois are visiting different Earths in the multiverse as their universe is headed toward a Crisis. So, I'd find it cool if any of his proper comic incarnations came across him (or him and Lois) and be interested to see what their reactions would be.
    "So you spent how long not wearing a costume?"