Page 222 of 325 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 4870

I don't know about y'all but I'm ready for Lord Feige to bless the X-Men. The days of an X-Men movie breaking a billion dollars are coming and I, for one, cannot wait

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No sour grapes here. I’m really excited to get to Phase 5 with Blade, Black Panther 2, Fantastic Four and hopefully X-men. But, if I’m being honest, Phase 4 looks super lame. There’s not one film in the pack that I’ll go see in the theater. Will wait for Eternals and Doc Strange 2 to come out on demand I guess. Might see Shang Chi. Might not. Most of the Disney+ shows look pretty “meh” too IMO.

Bring on Phase 5...

My guess is that this was on purpose. They just brought fans through a 10 year process to a HUGE climax and they would be foolish to think that all of those people are ready to jump on to start the next batch without taking a breather first. If he pushed out F4 and X-Men right away people would be waving a white flag before they even left the theater. Phase Four is mostly there for the fans who want the deeper cuts and I doubt any of those films will hit huge numbers like we've seen in the last couple of years except maybe Thor 4.

Makes sense. I think you’re right.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Damn, I thought I was tough on Feige. But you make a lot of good points. MCU fans talk bad about Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner, but these two producers are not limited and has done more than just superhero movies. I don’t think Feige has ever ventured out of this genre. Feige can’t do a non-superhero project, maybe that’s why he don’t have his own production company like 99% of producers. And the thought of a Feige lead X-Men sickens me.
    Thing is Feige isn't directing the movie. If Feige really was as hands on everything GOTG would be quite different than under the nice touch of Gunn. He didn't lord over much of Infinity War, and he even let Thor 3 go balls to the wall with humor.

BANNED

Actually the producer is lord over the project, everything has to go through him or her. The producer takes credit for all aspects of a movie. Feige is doing a good job at what he is doing with the MCU, but the big question is can he ventured out of the MCU formula.
    So far he has showed he can’t.
    Studios put so much money into these tentpole movie, a director don’t have creative control. If a director gets out of line in a tentpole movie, he or she is fired. This has happened a few times, even with the MCU.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-02-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Studio executives is a high turnover job, they move from studio to studio all the time. If another studio offer Feige a great deal, this is the perfect time for him to leave.
    He also has so much clout in Hollywood, he can leave and start his own production company. The real money in Hollywood is owning your own production company, he wouldn’t have to answer to no one. A lot of of actors, directors and producers who work for a studio are doing this very thing, I’m actually surprised Feige hasn’t yet.
    Kevin Feige is a rarity in Hollywood, producers generally are not employed by studios these days.
    Him leaving because he gets a better deal vs “he should resign due to “mcu being in a downward path”” is two completely different thing. The first is just business, the second implies some sort of consequence of his work.

I’m not even a fan of mcu movies- I just don’t really understand the rationale here.
    Last edited by Grey; 08-02-2019 at 05:54 PM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

Kevin Fiege films suffers from filmmaking limitations and severe writing immaturity, Morph was more believable than Fat Thor.

Attachment 85384
    It's a good thing me and you aren't in charge of the MCU. We would have bankrupted Disney with our horrible visions. It's pretty obvious we aren't experts in the film industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    It's a good thing me and you aren't in charge of the MCU. We would have bankrupted Disney with our horrible visions. It's pretty obvious we aren't experts in the film industry.
    At the end of the day, Disney and by extension Marvel are a business, and businesses are trying to get money.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Thing is Feige isn't directing the movie. If Feige really was as hands on everything GOTG would be quite different than under the nice touch of Gunn. He didn't lord over much of Infinity War, and he even let Thor 3 go balls to the wall with humor.
    That's been part of his genius - he has picked directors and let them bring their own touch to the movies. Haters have argued (quite preposterously IMO) that these movies are all the same but I think there is a wonderful array of styles. He has managed to weave cohesive story telling with unique story tellers.

That's no small feat. As said above - bring on this wizardy for our favorite characters!

The Disney+ show is unnecessary, Loki is getting ''Magnetoed''. MCU has already told every story they need to tell about him. Like Magneto the character is getting too much attention. His story is now too repetitive.

Disney needs to give us something new that is not part of the MCU. Rebuild other aspects of Marvel that are sucking like their video games, comics and animation instead of a disney + show of movie characters that will have no significance to the movies

Blade has to be R Rated. anything below that is Marvel not trying to live up to the legacy of Wesley Snipes, It is marvel trying to succeed where the YA Vampire Academy film series failed. I would not put it past Disney to pull a stunt like that looking at what they turned GOTG and Spiderman into.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-02-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That's been part of his genius - he has picked directors and let them bring their own touch to the movies. Haters have argued (quite preposterously IMO) that these movies are all the same but I think there is a wonderful array of styles. He has managed to weave cohesive story telling with unique story tellers.

That's no small feat. As said above - bring on this wizardy for our favorite characters!
    He does the opposite to directors. If he brings directors in and let them do their own thing, MCU would not be sterilized, there should be no formula there.Thor has no reason to follow the footsteps GOTG. Spiderman and Ant-Man should not be the samething. Captain Marvel should not be retreading Iron Man 1, down to carol trying to do Stark's quips. There are no directors in MCU, there is only a formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    At the end of the day, Disney and by extension Marvel are a business, and businesses are trying to get money.
    There are still ways of making money without doing everything so formulaic and processed factory made. Disney movies are heartless, When you see the live action films of animated classics or their star wars movies, all you see is Disney trying to cash in. There is no authentic creative art to Disney movies apart from the animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Because other people with a more sophisticated and creative mind than Feige have bankrupted the film industry? How much are George Lucas and Spielberg worth again?
    Last edited by Beaddle; 08-02-2019 at 10:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Him leaving because he gets a better deal vs “he should resign due to “mcu being in a downward path”” is two completely different thing. The first is just business, the second implies some sort of consequence of his work.

I’m not even a fan of mcu movies- I just don’t really understand the rationale here.
    It can be for both reasons

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The Disney+ show is unnecessary, Loki is getting ''Magnetoed''. MCU has already told every story they need to tell about him. Like Magneto the character is getting too much attention. His story is now too repetitive.

Disney needs to give us something new that is not part of the MCU. Rebuild other aspects of Marvel that are sucking like their video games, comics and animation instead of a disney + show of movie characters that will have no significance to the movies

Blade has to be R Rated. anything below that is Marvel not trying to live up to the legacy of Wesley Snipes, It is marvel trying to succeed where the YA Vampire Academy film series failed. I would not put it past Disney to pull a stunt like that looking at what they turned GOTG and Spiderman into.
    I’m actually surprise Disney+ is going this route. Disney+ would be the perfect media to introduce mutants. But I guess Feige’s limited vision can’t go beyond of the MCU. Everything he has produced by himself is a MCU movie, now he is producing four Disney+ shows and all are part of the MCU. Four show with characters we have seen for years. Can this guy do anything different?

Astonishing Member

I’m actually surprise Disney+ is going this route. Disney+ would be the perfect media to introduce mutants. But I guess Feige’s limited vision can’t go beyond of the MCU. Everything he has produced by himself is a MCU movie, now he is producing four Disney+ shows and all are part of the MCU. Four show with characters we have seen for years. Can this guy do anything different?
    I mean at the end of the day it works? He has nothing to prove by "doing anything different" other than to appease some small minority of disgruntled fans online. And using television shows that build off and supplement the movies was always the plan going as far back and AoS and Agent Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    My guess is that this was on purpose. They just brought fans through a 10 year process to a HUGE climax and they would be foolish to think that all of those people are ready to jump on to start the next batch without taking a breather first. If he pushed out F4 and X-Men right away people would be waving a white flag before they even left the theater.
    Spider-Man: Far From Home becoming the biggest Spider-Man film of all time despite coming on the heels of Endgame says otherwise though. People are hungry for MCU more than ever, especially in overseas markets like Asia and Latin America.