Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Logan is over-exposed and I avoid reading his title. My only interest in X-Force is for the others. Banshee is just not interesting.
    Goodness I didn't think anyone could put together a whiter team in 2021 than the 05.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, fam we know what that really is! Some sheep have such deep conditioning, they don't even know why they seem to have issues with melaninated males in any capacity.
    Nevermind. Lol. I just don't care enough. Looking forward to the book and the haters can kick rocks
    Lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-17-2021 at 04:35 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I still think triage would have been a better menmber of the team though as he can heal himself, others, and bring people back to life including himself. You have an all around healer and the team is more diverse.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Chris..._and_Abilities
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-17-2021 at 04:54 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    The article is a little contradictory when describing the teams motivations. They first state that the X-men are ‘ No longer protecting a world that hates and fears them, the X-Men said goodbye to their dream of coexistence and founded a thriving mutant homeland’. Then later state ‘To the X-Men, things are simple—you do what’s right, you protect those who need protecting and you save the world we all share. This new team are the chosen champions of mutantkind, and they’re up for any battle to protect their people and their home planet’.
    The first is just a synopsis of how the status quo changed, some people might not be quite up to speed, and up until now the X-Men were no longer fighting for the world, and definitely not to prove they should co exist.

This might be a little bit of a step back in that direction. Sure, mutants are still living apart on some island that is slowly eating them, but they will now extend a hand to help protect others.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Think we could at least get the X-Men believing in living in peace with humans again, or at least any explanation as to why they all suddenly decided to bail on it?
    You mean apart from the multiple Holocausts in less than 20 years (in MU time), when given the alternative of a post-scarcity society with free resurrections?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You mean apart from the multiple Holocausts in less than 20 years (in MU time), when given the alternative of a post-scarcity society with free resurrections?
    Yeah, why wouldn't mutants want that? Don't they prefer that? To be viewed as humble victims by white saviors instead of being viewed as wicked/unnatural for living their best lives.

Sunfire, meh he’s gonna leave soon. I rather Lifeguard or Morph from Age Of Apocalypse.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    So now the fundamental ideal of the X-Men goes away forever, with no explanation why everyone changed their minds? I hope not. Hopefully oif the MCU ever does Krakoa they won't bail on the X-Mens code.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So now the fundamental ideal of the X-Men goes away forever, with no explanation why everyone changed their minds? I hope not. Hopefully oif the MCU ever does Krakoa they won't bail on the X-Mens code.
    I think of it more as the flap material for people who love to see people being oppressed isn't readily there. The xmen can still go in the real world and help humans from a safe place, the avengers get to do it. That is what this story is about. You don't need to be in the face of your oppressors 24 hours a day and live in fear to affect change.

What a novel idea for the first time since the xmen we have a story where fear and hatred takes a back sit for a bit and the xmen get to approach it in a different way for once.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Hopefully that's the case. If this is the X-Men finally remembering their ideals that would be an excellent change of pace. Otherwise it'd be like if Superior Spider-Man were permanent.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think of it more as the flap material for people who love to see people being oppressed isn't readily there. The xmen can still go in the real world and help humans from a safe place, the avengers get to do it. That is what this story is about. You don't need to be in the face of your oppressors 24 hours a day and live in fear to affect change.

What a novel idea for the first time since the xmen we have a story where fear and hatred takes a back sit for a bit and the xmen get to approach it in a different way for once.
    True dat......!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I was kind of hoping for a group rarely used X-men to give us a fresh look at a team under Cyke.

Not mad, just not that excited.
    Well, Rosenberg did assemble a group of rarely used X-Men under Cyke, how did that turn out? It was a flop in terms of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Well, Rosenberg did assemble a group of rarely used X-Men under Cyke, how did that turn out? It was a flop in terms of sales.

That's a false analogy. that book was theree because most the xmen were gone and Hickman was on the way. Not to mention did you actually read that run? Who wants to watch mutants getting killed in the most vile ways. Rahne anyone. I mean people do have taste i assume.

Oh yeah i forgot some are clamoring for those days.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Damn we really do havea bunch of debbie downers for a title that doesn't come out for a few more months.

But eh its what xmen fans are known for yay
    Happiness is a choice. And I choose to be HAPPY!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Happiness is a choice. And I choose to be HAPPY!
    Got me ready to go listen to leona lewis happy while im drawing today "i'm just tryin' be... happpyyyyy eeeee eee eee eeeeeeeeeeee!" lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.